Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 Midseason Awards
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: 2012 Midseason Awards Reply with quote

Offensive MVP: Carson Palmer

His INT's are inexcusable, but he is far from being the issue on this team. This team is one dimensional. They can't run the ball & they can't block. Teams know this, but Palmer still goes out there & does as much as he can. Aside from no run game or protection, he also has to deal with inexperienced WR's who run incorrect routes & catchable dropped passes.

Carson has passed for more than 200 yards for 12 consecutive games, a franchise record.

He is in pace to eclipse Gannon's franchise record of 4600+ yards in 2002.

Defensive MVP: Phillip Wheeler

Average player? Maybe. But you can't deny the fact that Wheeler is pretty much the only player on defense making an impact & playing with effort/passion. He is the signal caller of this defense right now & he's shown that he has a nose for the ball carrier. Solid pickup by McKenzie.

84 tackles, two forced fumbles, one fumble recovery and a sack.

Rookie MVP: Miles Burris

Burris is pretty much the only player from our draft class getting consistent playing time. He has been a pleasant surprise for a fourth round pick, and has shown he is capable of being an every down back.

Future star? I can't say. I do know that he has been solid for a 4th round pick starting since Day 1.

Biggest disappointments:

- The entire offense as a whole. The run game, or lack there of. The offensive line, who for the most part, is made up of the same players from last season. Questionable play calling. Questionable scheme. Everyone has a part.

- Rolando McClain. 3rd season in the NFL & he still looks slow, and uninterested. His reduced role speaks for itself. I don't see him on this roster next season. With that said, this doesn't really come as a surprise to anyone.

Biggest Improvements:

- Discipline. 6.4 penalties a game (10th in NFL) in comparison to 10.2 in 2011. Room for improvement, but I have to give credit where it's due.

- The defense, as bad as it is & as untalented as they are, have worked pretty hard for the most part. They kept us in a few games, but unfortunately, our offense was unable to deliver. Better than last season's defense, who was arguably more talented in terms of personnel. I'd like to see what Tarver can do if he has more talent at his disposal. I don't want to overrate him as a DC, but I like what I hear from him when he speaks.

Discuss.
Darkness

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice write up. I agree with everything you said.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggest surprise. Myers.

I like the write up. Solid work.
Raidin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really says it all for our defenisve when Philip Wheeler is our MVP. Really hope we go defense in the first round.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
Really says it all for our defenisve when Philip Wheeler is our MVP. Really hope we go defense in the first 4 rounds.

FIFY

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Raidin wrote:
Really says it all for our defenisve when Philip Wheeler is our MVP. Really hope we go defense in the first 4 rounds.

FIFY

Well that depends on if Berg is any good at RT. If not I wouldnt mind tackle somewhere in the 3rd or 4th.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Raidin wrote:

FIFY

Well that depends on if Berg is any good at RT. If not I wouldnt mind tackle somewhere in the 3rd or 4th.

Or LG would be nice.

#FreeAgent
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
Biggest surprise. Myers.

+1

The guy has been a very reliable target for Palmer. He has 44+ yards in 7 of 8 games this year, and 50+ yards in 5 of those games. Not bad for what was supposed to be the weak spot on offense.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could make an argument for Houston as DPOY.

Defense went up against bad teams and still got lit up by Gabbert. Chiefs are the worst team in the league. I'll give Allen credit for less penalties though.

Myers has been a pleasant surprise.

Defense needs to be overhauled.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Nice write up. I agree with everything you said.

Same here. Spot on.
Darbsk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a huge shame that there are so few candidates, especially after our O looked so promising on paper.

Offensive MVP
Carson Palmer - The games we've won are directly because of his play, made some bad mistakes but he's more than made up for those in my book. I was undecided after last year's fiasco but he has impressed the heck out of me this year. Our best player by a country mile.

Defensive MVP
Only 2 candidates IMO Houston and Wheeler, both have made plays and both have made mistakes. I'll have to go with Wheeler as he's had more of an impact, Bryant could come into the equation if he gets more game time down the stretch.

Rookie MVP
Miles Burris - Can't ask any more from a 4th round pick, looks to have a bright future. Natural football player with desire and heart.

Biggest Disappoitments
OL as a whole and the ZBS.
Matt Shaughnessy - thought he'd be a monster this year, very average so far and looks slow to me.
Tyvon Branch - I was hoping for a Pro Bowl type year (I was too optimistic).
McFadden - not all his fault but must take some of the blame for the awful running game (if the running game was merely bad I'd blame the OL and ZBS entirely)
Not putting 40 on the uber talented Chiefs

Biggest Improvements
Brandon Myers - Has earned Palmers trust and is a solid go-to guy.
Lamar Houston - looks sharper and more explosive to me than last year, hopefully the improvement continues.
Discipline - Allen and Tarver have made some changes for the better. It is far from perfect and we need to continue into the 2nd half of the year to prove it's not a flash in the pan.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggest surprise for me is the lack of reece in the game plan.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
CrashMan510

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMVP- Carson Palmer. Hes been by far the best player on that unit, not saying much.
HM- DMo/Myers

DMVP- Phil Wheel. Had a big part on winning us the Pitt game and hes been a play maker all year long, best player on that unit, not saying much
HM- Miles Burris/Mike Huff/Lamar

SMVP- Seabass. Only miss was that 65 yarder, i thought he ws going to nail it
HM- Shane/Taiwan Jones/Condo

Biggest dissapointment- the offense. That unit has been the worst out of the 3 this year and thats saying a lot considering how bad the D is lol. O-Line has been awful in run blocking and mediocre in pass pro, offense has been gawd awful on every single down this year, running game has been dead(preseason lies man), WR's have dropped some balls as of late, turnovers, ect. Its just been a flat out mess.

http://footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=455940&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=75
thelawoffices

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
biggest surprise for me is the lack of reece in the game plan.

I'm assuming he can't run the draw play as well as Knapp would like.
Chali21

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What? No Pryor?

Kidding btw. I do agree Palmer has played his guts out. Burris has been great for a 4th rounder(we always seem to draft well in that round). My biggest disappointment is the defense, after years of straight man to man we get a real defensive play calling and we don't have the talent for it. Oh we'll nowhere to go but up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: