Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This organisation is disgrace.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titanrick

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blazed- wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
Titanium wrote:
We weren't getting Manning.

He came in and realized what a joke of an organization this was, starting with crazy old Bud Adams.

Crazy old Bud also saddled us with the great VY experiment that blew up year after year. Oh Jeff Fisher, WTF did you not take a stand and tell Bud to get rid of VY sooner? Holy frickin' cow. I really don't know how Fisher put up with Bud for so long, must have liked him for some reason.

30+ years of rooting for this organization and this year turns into one of the biggest soap operas yet.

Good grief, blow it up. Fire everyone, including Bud.

Fisher tried. Fisher didn't even want a QB, not in the first round anyway, he wanted to stick with McNair a little longer.

Fisher will build a championship caliber team in St. Louis just like he did here when Bud actually let him build the team he wanted. When Bud interfered, we went down hill. Fast.

Fisher wanted Leinart over Young. Our championship team went down hill because we held on to players even though they were over the hill and we were in salary cap hell. Please stop pumping up Jeffery.

Who said anything about Alshon? Wink

Your avatar is juuuuuuust a wee bit too big. Can you resize it to 80x80 max? Thanks!

Before I got married I had six theories about bringing up children; now I have six children and no theories. - John Wilmot
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blazed- wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
Titanium wrote:

He came in and realized what a joke of an organization this was, starting with crazy old Bud Adams.

Crazy old Bud also saddled us with the great VY experiment that blew up year after year. Oh Jeff Fisher, WTF did you not take a stand and tell Bud to get rid of VY sooner? Holy frickin' cow. I really don't know how Fisher put up with Bud for so long, must have liked him for some reason.

30+ years of rooting for this organization and this year turns into one of the biggest soap operas yet.

Fisher tried. Fisher didn't even want a QB, not in the first round anyway, he wanted to stick with McNair a little longer.

Fisher will build a championship caliber team in St. Louis just like he did here when Bud actually let him build the team he wanted. When Bud interfered, we went down hill. Fast.

Fisher wanted Leinart over Young. Our championship team went down hill because we held on to players even though they were over the hill and we were in salary cap hell. Please stop pumping up Jeffery.

Fisher wanted neither one. Norm Chow wanted Leinart. There's no "pumping up" Fisher. His message ran stale here.

But a large part of it running stale here was due to our terrible owner tell a guy who built a championship caliber team through the draft to draft someone he didn't even want.

And we didn't "hold on to players over the hill". You're correct about the salary cap, but the only real player who was "over the hill" was Eddie George, but he was still serviceable even in his final season with us.
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
Blazed- wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
Titanium wrote:

Fisher wanted neither one. Norm Chow wanted Leinart. There's no "pumping up" Fisher. His message ran stale here.

But a large part of it running stale here was due to our terrible owner tell a guy who built a championship caliber team through the draft to draft someone he didn't even want.

And we didn't "hold on to players over the hill". You're correct about the salary cap, but the only real player who was "over the hill" was Eddie George, but he was still serviceable even in his final season with us.

I believe the story goes Fisher wanted Cutler, Chow wanted Leinart, and Bud wanted VY.

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR -- 9 CAR 29 YDS, 1 REC 17 YDS
2) Sammie Hill NT -- 2 TCK 1 SCK
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwoToneBlue wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
Blazed- wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
Titanium wrote:

I believe the story goes Fisher wanted Cutler, Chow wanted Leinart, and Bud wanted VY.

And look who turned out the best.

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
titans_5

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the story i always heard was of the 1st rounders fisher liked cutler the best, but he didnt want a qb in round one. Bud came out with that ridiculous talk saying this is the year of several good qbs and I believe our pick should be a qb.. essentially handcuffing the teams choice.

Later on I remember a story came out saying that Fisher wanted to draft kyle orton, but couldnt as he wasnt the sexy high profile pick
Stone32

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanrick wrote:
justing101 wrote:
titanrick wrote:
Quote:
“Everyone is scared. We’re all looking over our shoulders now. When I say everyone, I mean everyone,” the coach said. “There is a sense of panic now throughout the organization.”

The assistant also told Freeman that some members of the staff have been “covertly” looking for other jobs in the event that they get the axe. That certainly qualifies as a sense of panic.

I admit it. I underestimated the type of damage Bud could do to this organization in such a short time: from the ridiculous Peyton Manning pursuit that eliminated all other viable FA possibilities to this. Unreal.

Im not so mad about him trying to get Peyton now. He is tearing it up and I thought we had a real chance to get him.

Yeah, but the question is did we have a real chance to get him? Or did we throw away any chance at a real OLine and other key pieces by chasing after a dream of Bud's?

This is, to me, what happen to this year, and this team's chance of real success. In Bud's obsession with Peyton and it's marketing/sales capabilities we missed out on a true 4-3 DE, Mario Williams, who outside of one injured year tore up our conference for years. We missed out on not one, but TWO stout C Scott Wells and Nick Hardwick who could have - to some extent - sured up at least the C spot of our team for some time. We missed out on again two very good G Carl Nicks and Ben Grubbs. Who could have made CJ dominate. We missed out on some decent CB first off letting Finny walk, and Brandon Carr.

Titans fans are some of the best/worst we always think we are way better than we are. We over hype ourselves, then we never live up to our own expectations, and we are starved to relive what was the 99 season. Every year this guy could've, should've, would've done this if only we would have had that, blah, blah, blah, I have sold all but two of my season tickets so far this year going only to the Patriots and Steelers game. I'm just fed up I don't even enjoy it anymore. Football to me, is on it's way down, with all the Goodell bull, the heavy loaded offenses bull, finds/hits bull, Saints bull, and most of all the fans bull. I mean the KC Matt Castle thing was just a disgrace. People are gonna wake up one day and realize, "WHY THE HELL ARE WE PAYING PEOPLE -/+100 MILLION DOLLARS TO PLAY A SPORT?"

I've sat back and quietly read post for the past year, and I love what FF is, and has the potential to be, but I cannot stand Titans forum anymore. All we do is complain, our ownership sucks, we can't hire staff for crap, we use to be able to draft, then MR -our savior imo- got promoted to something else. Jeff Fisher - the longest and best coach this team has ever had - got tired of dealing with Bud's bull and quit. We should have Jay Cutler on our team, Pacman destroyed a beautiful dream with being just straight thug, ignorant, and uneducated POS. These are all things we know about and that we cannot change. I don't even believe in Locker anymore after the way he started this season. You can't build around a running QB you have to have a pocket passer. You can't have Leroy Harris and Eugene Amano starting on your team, especially when you no longer have a prime Jake Scott, Daivd Stewart, or Michael Roos - who all lost a step - or a future HOF Mawae as the QB of the o-line. This team will be sold eventually when Bud does the same thing to us as he did to Houston. Maybe I'm just in a real negative mood today, but I'm over all the complaining, and I'm over this team that I have followed, and seen play every home game since I was a child, and since they were here in 99. Bud will get older and crazier, and as someone else has already mentioned he will turn into the Al Davis of today, and only when he passes - God bless and rest his soul - will we start the long hard up hill battle of the turn around.

Trade Kenny, Trade CJ, Trade all our stars and give them a chance of having real NFL success because right now, to me, it is not something we are going to see in TN for quite some time, and I hope/pray to God I am wrong.

PS sorry to get off topic of the initial reason I quoted you TR just haven't been around in a while, and had a lot to get off my chest.
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
We've been bred to be pessimistic at all costs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: