Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Curry Watch: 2 Days Remain
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaiderX

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
IR Curry bring him back healthy next season to replace Wheeler. Let Wheeler walk at the of the season to get the 2014 compensation pick he will garner the Raiders after capitalizing on his best statistical season.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

We have an overall lack of talent on our defense and you want to get rid of one of the few guys who's actually doing their job well.

O' how we love to put out average players on a pedestal Rolling Eyes While good teams routinely allow seemingly elite players to walk who produce in their system (ie: Houston - Ryans, Mario Williams) our losing culture and damaged psyche wants to sign anyone who finds marginal success to long term contracts. It's so hilarious . . .it'll be the league laughing at the Raiders when they try to make Wheeler the cornerstone of the defense and put Brandon Myers on the same level as Jason Witten on offense.

I thought the world was supposed to end when the Raiders jettisoned Routt and Wimbley?

If Wheeler is average, what's that say about the other 10 guys around him? He's clearly been the standout on defense.

That dude was TERRIBLE Sunday. His missed tackles definitely stood out. He's ok vs the pass but not so much against the run.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
That dude was TERRIBLE Sunday. His missed tackles definitely stood out. He's ok vs the pass but not so much against the run.

That was one game. How many others has he been close to the best we have on D? That was an outlier. Even Burris couldn't tackle.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
RaiderX wrote:

That was one game. How many others has he been close to the best we have on D? That was an outlier. Even Burris couldn't tackle.

Its been more than one game. He missed a bunch of tackles in the Jags and Dolphins game. Remember the Bush run where he was off balance? Guess what dreadhead LB had his helmet in the ground...

To me Houston has been the best thing on D. The rest of the DLine has been no help to the LBs and secondary who are a patchwork.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
RaiderX wrote:

Its been more than one game. He missed a bunch of tackles in the Jags and Dolphins game. Remember the Bush run where he was off balance? Guess what dreadhead LB had his helmet in the ground...

To me Houston has been the best thing on D. The rest of the DLine has been no help to the LBs and secondary who are a patchwork.

I don't remember 'a bunch of tackles' getting missed. I do remember his play sticking out in other games though. No one is saying the dude's great or anything but people here treat him like he's the main problem week in and week out when in reality. he's typically one of the best defenders on our team.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

If Wheeler is average, what's that say about the other 10 guys around him?
He's clearly been the standout on defense.

LOL. This made my day! Yeah . . . what DOES it say?
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Fox Sports' Jay Glazer reported that the Raiders will activate OLB Aaron Curry from the PUP list today. Nothing official yet from the team.

https://twitter.com/CBSRaiders/status/265896341232828416
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:

I don't remember 'a bunch of tackles' getting missed. I do remember his play sticking out in other games though. No one is saying the dude's great or anything but people here treat him like he's the main problem week in and week out when in reality. he's typically one of the best defenders on our team.

All I'm trying to say is that I think Wheeler's play (at the end of the season) could put him out of the frugal McKenzie's price range. But that's OK because if he's no world beater than he is replaceable.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taken from another thread:

oakdb36 wrote:
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/11/07/analysis-notebook-week-9-2/

We have been on opposite sides of most issues lately i've noticed but I'm sure it isn't personal (at least not from me, LOL). However, it's hilarious to me how people will use a source when it backs their position and discredit it the next moment (Not you db36 per se).

So, given that PFF has Seymour & Wheeler as a Mid-Season All-Pro Honorable Mentions which is more influential than the Pro Bowl. So barring total collapse, if Seymour & Wheeler make the Pro Bowl the consensus 'round here is that Seymour will get cut, despite his willingness to restructure, and TK won't and Wheeler will resign for mid-level value money despite making the Pro-Bowl. . . . Discuss how this will be possible.
dante9876

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:

oakdb36 wrote:

We have been on opposite sides of most issues lately i've noticed but I'm sure it isn't personal (at least not from me, LOL). However, it's hilarious to me how people will use a source when it backs their position and discredit it the next moment (Not you db36 per se).

So, given that PFF has Seymour & Wheeler as a Mid-Season All-Pro Honorable Mentions which is more influential than the Pro Bowl. So barring total collapse, if Seymour & Wheeler make the Pro Bowl the consensus 'round here is that Seymour will get cut, despite his willingness to restructure, and TK won't and Wheeler will resign for mid-level value money despite making the Pro-Bowl. . . . Discuss how this will be possible.

Wheeler wont come close to a pro bowl.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

oakdb36 wrote:

Wheeler wont come close to a pro bowl.

Exactly. And if somehow he makes it, I'll be glad to eat crow.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:

oakdb36 wrote:

Absolutely nothing personal, we just disagree a lot.

Now as far as using that source, i had just posted my own breakdown of those 3 plays when i stumbled upon this article and i thought it might interest others in here. I don't have any position to back in this case, it's just a breakdown of plays. If some people see it differently, i'd be happy to hear it.
Raidin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheeler looking good in a sea of [inappropriate/removed] doesn't make him a great player. He's still average to below average. Hopefully the day of those players staying on the team are done. Not sure I'd even want to keep him at all, he's average in everything he does. At least get player who is solid-good in one area.
Chali21

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know who I'm disappointed in? Shugnnessy. I thought the dude was going to break out this year at least be one of our best players.
Darkness

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
You know who I'm disappointed in? Shugnnessy. I thought the dude was going to break out this year at least be one of our best players.

He's been stout against the run, but his pressure is lacking. I think he'd be a better fit at LDE.
Rolni

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Chali21 wrote:

He's been stout against the run, but his pressure is lacking. I think he'd be a better fit at LDE.

Sure...the only question to me is whether we wanna move Houston inside, when he seems like a great fit at LDE in our system...he is down to 285 and playing well outside...why risk to bulk him up and move inside...what if he can't play well there...ok I know he was DT in college too, but it's the NFL and he is playing LDE since he entered...
Important decision IMO...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: