Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DL07 Too Early 2013 Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DetroitLions07

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: DL07 Too Early 2013 Mock Reply with quote

I think the Lions end up picking between 18-22

Round 1: Xavier Rhodes CB Virginia Tech
- one of the top corners in this draft with excellent size, would be an immediate upgrade.

Round 2: Matt Elam S Flordia
- my favorite safety prospect in this draft, Elam always jumps off the screen when watching Florida.

Round 3: Mark Jackson OG/OT Glenville St
- if you haven't heard of Jackson, you should look into him. Tremendous upside with this pick and couple be an immediate upgrade at RG.

Round 5: Kenyon Barner RB Oregon
- a speed back that could ease the loss of Best as well as upgrade special teams as a returner.

Round 6: Tyran Mathieu CB/NB LSU
- due to our recent problems with off the field issues some may hate this pick, but for a 6th and a minimal contract it could pay huge dividends.. This pick is assuming he doesn't get in any more problems until the draft.

Round 7: Ryan Allen P Lousiana Tech
- Allen beat out Anger last year as the top punter, he would be a huge upgrade to our terrible special teams.
Lionsfanforever

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate the Honey Badger pick he won't get drafted, the kid is an idiot. I would rather have T.J McDonald instead of Elam but that just me. I love Rhodes pick.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badger is living with Maurice Claiborne's parents in Florida right now, which means he's not even in school anymore. He is an absolute mess. I dont think there will be even 5 teams interested in him.
ManeLine

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it but I don't think there's a chance Barner lasts that long.

ramster
DetroitLions07

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lionsfanforever wrote:
I hate the Honey Badger pick he won't get drafted, the kid is an idiot. I would rather have T.J McDonald instead of Elam but that just me. I love Rhodes pick.

McDonald is one of the most overrated prospects IMO, I definitely think he'll be way over drafted based on the combine.

As far as Mathieu, look at Josh Gordon going in the 3rd round of the supplemental draft.. If Mathieu cleans up his act he will defiantly get drafted.
DetroitLions07

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManeLine wrote:

A lot of sites have Barner projected around that time. His 40 time will be crucial for him, but running backs don't go as high as they used too. I definitely think he could be there, but you could be right.
Lionsfanforever

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitLions07 wrote:
Lionsfanforever wrote:

McDonald is one of the most overrated prospects IMO, I definitely think he'll be way over drafted based on the combine.

As far as Mathieu, look at Josh Gordon going in the 3rd round of the supplemental draft.. If Mathieu cleans up his act he will defiantly get drafted.

I think Reid is the best S in the draft. Plus personally I like McDonald better. No Mathieu as FTW said is a mess he will not be drafted.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitLions07 wrote:
ManeLine wrote:

A lot of sites have Barner projected around that time. His 40 time will be crucial for him, but running backs don't go as high as they used too. I definitely think he could be there, but you could be right.

I honestly don't put much stock into mocks especially in November. I think he's one of the best backs in the Draft.

He'd be the perfect compliment to Mikel Leshoure.

ramster
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honey Badger will be drafted. People see Vontez Burfict having success this year and someone will take that chance in the late rounds. I would be ok with it too since he would replace Wendling since he will likely be a Safety and could get rid of Logan.

I like the Elam pick, he is my second favorite S after Reid who is my favorite prospect for us right now.

I'm not as high on Rhodes as everyone else. I prefer John Banks personally given where we will pick.

Barnes I am ok with if he is there. I'm not sure he will be when the season is over though.

I will have to look into the O lineman. Haven't heard of him.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would love Rhodes but I doubt he lasts to our pick. Same thing with Elam. Jackson is good. I like Barners talents but not his concussion history. Mathieu? He wasn't even that good, and with the drug problems? Hell no. I like the punter.

R.I.P. Stylish
JSMcTilty

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lionsfanforever wrote:
DetroitLions07 wrote:
Lionsfanforever wrote:

I think Reid is the best S in the draft. Plus personally I like McDonald better. No Mathieu as FTW said is a mess he will not be drafted.

Absolutely love Elam. He's pretty close with Jefferson as the best safety in this draft class. After that I'd go Reid, Vaccarro, then McDonald.

Rotoworld says that some NFL evaluators have given McDonald a UDFA grade, which I think is pretty ridiculous. That being said, I think hes a third round pick.

Like the punter pick too in the 7th BTW.
ahoda

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Elam was a possible 1st round talent guy. Has that changed?
DetroitLions07

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahoda wrote:
I thought Elam was a possible 1st round talent guy. Has that changed?

He looks to be early to mid second rounder right now. I expect that's about where he'll go too, he shouldn't blow up the combine and have a substantial climb.

As someone mentioned earlier, Eric Ried is also a stud. I do feel like hell be a first round pick, and defiantly wouldn't be opposed. I think this Is a perfect draft to go back to back DBs in the first round.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: