Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 9 GDT - Buffalo @ Houston - Mario's Return
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
Fun fact: Spiller and Jackson had 0 combined rushes from 8:20 in the 3rd quarter to the end of the game.

How the heck can we win when we dont give our best playmakers the ball. Gailey needs to relinquish the play calling he just doesnt get it. We have 1 good WR, a 3rd round pick, and a bunch of cast offs and undrafted FAs. Fitz cant throw the deep ball and everyone and their mothers know this in the NFL.

We need a new OC - QB (who can throw the ball 20 yards with out throwing his shoulder out.)

Another "fun" fact: I noticed I was grinding my teeth after reading the bolded!

I hate blowing things up and starting over. Personally, I think the Bills have done that too often, but seeing stat lines where Spiller averages 6.5 YPC and only gets called on 6 times to run the ball certainly makes this seem like a legitimate plan. I get that we use screens to substitute for running plays, but that still doesn't result in enough touches for Spiller. But, yeah, we're definitely a "run first" team...as in run the ball in the first quarter!

BTW, I like how Jones has progressed at WR this year. I also believe Graham will be a key player next season. Long story short, I think we have 3 really solid/good receivers to work with and don't see WR as that much of a critical position to improve, especially when compared to our LB and CB corps.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
Fun fact: Spiller and Jackson had 0 combined rushes from 8:20 in the 3rd quarter to the end of the game.

How the heck can we win when we dont give our best playmakers the ball. Gailey needs to relinquish the play calling he just doesnt get it. We have 1 good WR, a 3rd round pick, and a bunch of cast offs and undrafted FAs. Fitz cant throw the deep ball and everyone and their mothers know this in the NFL.

We need a new OC - QB (who can throw the ball 20 yards with out throwing his shoulder out.)

I hate blowing things up and starting over. Personally, I think the Bills have done that too often, but seeing stat lines where Spiller averages 6.5 YPC and only gets called on 6 times to run the ball certainly makes this seem like a legitimate plan. I get that we use screens to substitute for running plays, but that still doesn't result in enough touches for Spiller. But, yeah, we're definitely a "run first" team...as in run the ball in the first quarter!

BTW, I like how Jones has progressed at WR this year. I also believe Graham will be a key player next season. Long story short, I think we have 3 really solid/good receivers to work with and don't see WR as that much of a critical position to improve, especially when compared to our LB and CB corps.
I love when our top tier RBs get 11 touches each ... are you kidding me with this? Its not like the game was out of reach ... in the 3rd quarter it was 14-9 ... We were still in it. Gailey's playcalling has been awful, there is no other way to put it. We have all seen what CJ Spiller can do this season, so why not get him the ball more? CJ and Fred should each be touching the ball 20 times at least ... I'm thinking 15 carries and 5 catches. They are our best playmakers yet we dont use them properly.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:

I love when our top tier RBs get 11 touches each ... are you kidding me with this? Its not like the game was out of reach ... in the 3rd quarter it was 14-9 ... We were still in it. Gailey's playcalling has been awful, there is no other way to put it. We have all seen what CJ Spiller can do this season, so why not get him the ball more? CJ and Fred should each be touching the ball 20 times at least ... I'm thinking 15 carries and 5 catches. They are our best playmakers yet we dont use them properly.

Also, you have to give CJ and Fred credit for not coming out to the media and complaining about how they aren't getting the ball.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leeevans83d wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:

Also, you have to give CJ and Fred credit for not coming out to the media and complaining about how they aren't getting the ball.

Hadn't thought about this, but you are correct. They both deserve at least a nod/tip of the hat for the way they have carried themselves.

Might want to fine tune those touches, Tommy. That's 40 per game. How many plays do you think we average? So far, it's just over 60 plays per game. You're gonna have to target the WR's & TE's more than 20 times per game otherwise, we'll have to settle for 12-13 completions to that group per game. I'd like to see CJ get 16-18 touches per game and Jackson 13-15. That would keep the offense a little more balanced IMHO.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
leeevans83d wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:

Hadn't thought about this, but you are correct. They both deserve at least a nod/tip of the hat for the way they have carried themselves.

Might want to fine tune those touches, Tommy. That's 40 per game. How many plays do you think we average? So far, it's just over 60 plays per game. You're gonna have to target the WR's & TE's more than 20 times per game otherwise, we'll have to settle for 12-13 completions to that group per game. I'd like to see CJ get 16-18 touches per game and Jackson 13-15. That would keep the offense a little more balanced IMHO.
You're right. I was just a mad Bills fan and didnt have time for logistics hah. But I agree with you. I think CJ should get the more touches than Jackson, but Jackson should still get a fair share.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:

I'm ready for Buffalo's sixteenth head coach.

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jb_gobills wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:

I'm ready for Buffalo's sixteenth head coach.

Maybe we'll be relevant by next decade.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: