Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Slightly OT- Dallas Cowboys win NFC Championship

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaBoys

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Slightly OT- Dallas Cowboys win NFC Championship Reply with quote

Screw this season. I'm going to party like it's 1993. This team is exactly the opposite of the 2012 squad. Big, dominate Oline, great running game, and dominate in the trenches on defense to. If you have time to kill you should watch this game. It feels good. Pay attention to the trenches.

1st QT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7IXs0bnsz4&feature=relmfu

2nd Qt
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl8Do1gJytA&feature=relmfu

3rd QT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNx6IOoDXNw&feature=relmfu

4th QT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SYjsC7YMgE&feature=relmfu

It's sad that I'm living in '93, but trust me it's better here... Follow me...

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a beautiful game. But, I'll save it for my offseason football fix.

Slam sig bet participants:

A62
Buddy
PincheJimmy
Dirk Gently
Blue Blood

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes its fun to dust off the ol' history book and flip through the fragile, crumbling pages. Very Happy

"17-14 is the final, okay? 17-14. One touchdown and we are world champions. Believe it and it will happen."
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Blood wrote:
Sometimes its fun to dust off the ol' history book and flip through the fragile, crumbling pages. Very Happy

Speaking of fragile and crumbling, how did Eli do yesterday?

Slam sig bet participants:

A62
Buddy
PincheJimmy
Dirk Gently
dahobofest

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be okay enough going back to 07....

Anyway, I noticed the kickoff was done at the 35... when did it change to the 30?
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Blue Blood wrote:

Remember how the GMen were talking about Eli for MVP this season just a couple weeks ago? Laughing

Sig courtesy of mack.
dahobofest

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
Blue Blood wrote:

Remember how the GMen were talking about Eli for MVP this season just a couple weeks ago? Laughing

But...but.... he's so clutch! He had a 4th quarter comeback against the Cowboys!
Blue Blood

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Blue Blood wrote:

Haha! Cowboys fans would take a MILLION yesterdays if it meant two Super Bowls in four years. I'm just glad to be on this side of it.

But by all means, enjoy that YouTube video of a championship game from when I was 7.

"17-14 is the final, okay? 17-14. One touchdown and we are world champions. Believe it and it will happen."
Blue Blood

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
Blue Blood wrote:

Remember when Cowboys fans were talking about Romo is better than Eli just before Eli's second Super Bowl MVP trophy? I do! Very Happy

dahobofest

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Blood wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
Blue Blood wrote:

Remember when Cowboys fans were talking about Romo is better than Eli just before Eli's second Super Bowl MVP trophy? I do! Very Happy

He still is. Unless of course you'd rather be lucky than good.
mco65

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting this..
I was at this game and had never seen the TV replay. NFL Network and ESPN love to replay the '92 game in San Fran but this game is ignored because of obvious reasons.. it was a blow out.

This was one of the few games I attended where the crowd at old Texas Stadium was raucous! It was a like a huge tidal wave that kept growing and growing.. What a thrill it was to be at this game...

I specifically remember early in the 2nd half after the Niners had scored to get within 14 points and Kosar was in the game for his second series. The Cowboys were facing a 3rd and 8 deep in their end and Bernie hit Irvin on a a quick out for the 1st. That was the play of the game IMO because the Niners were gaining confidence and if they had got the ball back with good field position who knows what happens.

As it was The Cowboys went on to score a TD on that drive and squash any thought of a niner comeback. The funny thing was that once the Cowboys got around mid field I had to go pee really bad (too much soda).. i think it was 3rd and 4 and I knew that I could zip down to the bathroom and tell whether or not the Cowboys got the 1st by the roar of the crowd.. sure enough I heard the roar and knew the Cowboys had picked up the 1st but then the roar grew louder and I knew I missed something big.. I ran out of the bathroom and up the ramp in time to see Alvin Harper celebrating in the end zone.. DAMMIT, I missed that play. I had seen the replay a few of this play a few times since but now watching it as it was originally telecast on TV was a thrill!

Great moments.. great game, great team, great times.. sorely missed! Sad
DaBoys

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mco65 wrote:
Thanks for posting this..
I was at this game and had never seen the TV replay. NFL Network and ESPN love to replay the '92 game in San Fran but this game is ignored because of obvious reasons.. it was a blow out.

This was one of the few games I attended where the crowd at old Texas Stadium was raucous! It was a like a huge tidal wave that kept growing and growing.. What a thrill it was to be at this game...

I specifically remember early in the 2nd half after the Niners had scored to get within 14 points and Kosar was in the game for his second series. The Cowboys were facing a 3rd and 8 deep in their end and Bernie hit Irvin on a a quick out for the 1st. That was the play of the game IMO because the Niners were gaining confidence and if they had got the ball back with good field position who knows what happens.

As it was The Cowboys went on to score a TD on that drive and squash any thought of a niner comeback. The funny thing was that once the Cowboys got around mid field I had to go pee really bad (too much soda).. i think it was 3rd and 4 and I knew that I could zip down to the bathroom and tell whether or not the Cowboys got the 1st by the roar of the crowd.. sure enough I heard the roar and knew the Cowboys had picked up the 1st but then the roar grew louder and I knew I missed something big.. I ran out of the bathroom and up the ramp in time to see Alvin Harper celebrating in the end zone.. DAMMIT, I missed that play. I had seen the replay a few of this play a few times since but now watching it as it was originally telecast on TV was a thrill!

Great moments.. great game, great team, great times.. sorely missed! Sad

No problem man, good post. I've never been to a Cowboys game, even though I was born in Dallas and lived in Arlington the first 7 years of my life. I went to a pre-season game when I was a tot. I don't remember it. There are pictures of it though. It was the Cowboys vs. the Oilers in 1990. I was 3. They lost that game 27-6. It was Emmitt Smiths rookie year. He was holding out at the time. All of which are facts that I learned later. Including the fact that I was even there.

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
mco65

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember my first Cowboys game, it was at Old Busch Stadium when the Cardinals were still in St Louis. The Cardinals were bad back then and I saw the Cowboys beat them a few times.. In fact I remember the ticket price was $8.. for an end zone seat.. can you imagine $8 tickets! Smile
Desperado82

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mco65 wrote:
I remember my first Cowboys game, it was at Old Busch Stadium when the Cardinals were still in St Louis. The Cardinals were bad back then and I saw the Cowboys beat them a few times.. In fact I remember the ticket price was $8.. for an end zone seat.. can you imagine $8 tickets! Smile

You can't even get a sandwich for $8 at certain stadiums Laughing

^^^mack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: