Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hue Jackson/New Regime
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marco79

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Hue Jackson/New Regime Reply with quote

Hey guys, I am a Texans fan and I like to follow the Raiders a little bit I always root for them if the Texans aren't involved and I am just curious to see if you guys approved of Hue Jackson getting fired. As an outsider, to me it seemed like a questionable move. I feel like the one decision that killed him was trading for Carson Palmer, but he did lose his starting QB and to me it seemed like he made the choice of staying competitive instead of just giving up on the season. But under his control the offense looked great, DHB progressed tremendously, and DMC looked like a top 5 back. It just seems like he got the raw end of the deal especially considering he lost his starting QB and RB for more than half the season. I feel like he should have gotten 1 more year at least.

Also what do you think of the new regime that was put in his place?

I could be completely wrong, but I was just wondering what you guys thought.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The short of it . . . .

Megalomania got Hue whacked. He had to go mob style.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Chali21

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This question gets brought up quiet a bit especially when it comes DMC's production. Many believe that we would be better with hues offense, there is truth to this, DMC had his best years in Jackson's offense however he wanted way more power than Reggie would have wanted to give him. Personally if we kept him I'm sure he would have been a big distraction.
Raidin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hue pretty much had to go. He got proper delusions of grandeur once the season was over. Coming out and publicy stating that he should get to make decisions about personnel after the Palmer trade and his team choked last day of the season for a play-off spot was just bizarre. Then to throw the team under the bus was the icing on the cake.

He's got potential but that ego of his was/is out of control. It says alot for him that he's now an assistant special teams coach despite what he did as a OC/HC.

Still hard to know on the knew regime, they've made some good decision, some questionable but I can understand the reasoning behind all of them so I suppose until I start thinking wtf then I'll support them.
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hue Jackson is one of the best offensive minds in football but his big ego and decision making got him fired. I wish we would've just kept him around as the offensive coordinator all along but oh well.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
Hue Jackson is one of the best offensive minds in football but his big ego and decision making got him fired. I wish we would've just kept him around as the offensive coordinator all along but oh well.

No HC would want to take the job on with Hue as our HC.
S&B Bleeder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He lost control of the team at the end of the season. We were on target to
win the AFC West and he lost 4 of the last 5 games. What a debacle.
Jamethus92

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hue had a very creative offense but the dude became a borderline megalomaniac as the season went on, especially considering the power vacuum after Al left. I liked Hue but he went all in on the Palmer trade and didn't make the playoffs. To top it off, reports had him clamoring for MORE power and demanding input as to who we hired as GM. Lets not forget - the guy took Tom Cable's 8-8 team and improved them all the way to 8-8 in a weaker AFC West.

Would the offense be better with Hue? Definitely. But keeping him would have just continued the dysfunction. Most of us believe in Reggie and like the fact that we're becoming a team with a solid structure in place, even if the success isn't coming right away.

Smack on the new sig

FFMD15 - Oakland Raiders AGM
bitty

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's all the megalomania talk you name a coach that is not a megalomaniac and I'll show you loser.
The GM wanted a coach he can control that's all of it.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
What's all the megalomania talk you name a coach that is not a megalomaniac and I'll show you loser.

Ego sure. Hue was out of control. Besides . . . what did he win to earn that huge ego and where is he now? Fry cook at Hooters?

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Darbsk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'd be interesting to consider what we would have done and where we would be now if Cable was kept on as HC with Jackson as his OC last season. Cable may have kept Jackson in check a little more or it could have boiled over and thrown the whole team into chaos.......
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darbsk wrote:
It'd be interesting to consider what we would have done and where we would be now if Cable was kept on as HC with Jackson as his OC last season. Cable may have kept Jackson in check a little more or it could have boiled over and thrown the whole team into chaos.......

It's documented. Cable was basically absent and HC in name only as Hue ran the tea. Given Hue's personality it all makes sense now. That's why Cable got jettisoned despite going .500

Bonez wrote:
Darbsk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Darbsk wrote:

It's documented. Cable was basically absent and HC in name only as Hue ran the tea. Given Hue's personality it all makes sense now. That's why Cable got jettisoned despite going .500

I know Hue had a lot of control over the O especially, but can't remember this being specifically 'documented' though i may have missed that. I thought Cable was primarily forced out after the 'Randygate' incident and Hue was veiwed by Al Davis as on 'offensive guru'??
bitty

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
bitty wrote:

Ego sure. Hue was out of control. Besides . . . what did he win to earn that huge ego and where is he now? Fry cook at Hooters?

What did he say that was so bad. He was right the team did give up, the defense has a bunch of prima donnas That don't play hard and blame everybody else for their mistakes.

There is a thin line between ego and megalomania Sure he crossing it a few times but I don't think it anywhere near as bad as Rex Ryan,Belichick or Jim Schwartz.
Marco79

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking that it had something to do with ego. Thanks for all the feedback guys!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: