Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Roger Goodell recused himself, Paul Tagliabue will step in
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jargin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah since Tagliabue is sooooooooo biased lets just have Vilma oversee the case. That'll be fair. right? Rolling Eyes

[quote="amazingandre"]Do me a favor and never quote me again[/quote]
spilltray

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
spilltray wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
spilltray wrote:
I hope they get slammed and punished a second time for the "salary cap violation" portion of Bountygate" just to show prove the point that it's better to leave well enough alone.

Jonathan Vilma is "they"?

Interesting...

Last I heard, the Saints have nothing to do with what Vilma is doing. SP, Will Smith, Joe Vitt, and Mickey Loomis all have left well enough alone.

If you want to throw Vilma out of the league, or extend his suspension into a second season, fine. But your idea that the Saints should be further punished because of the actions of 1 player doesn't make much sense.

Should teams be fined when individual players make illegal hits? Should Jim Schwartz get suspended every time one of his players gets in off the field trouble?

THEY is all 4 players involved in this suspension and legal battle. Yes it IS a multiple.

I meant the very same players fighting the suspension now be subject to the salary cap violation penalties since the 2 were separated.

And the Saints as an organization WAS punished with a loss of 2nd round picks in 2012 and 2013.

You don't get it. Sean Payton isn't fighting this in court, neither is Will Smith. Jonathan Vilma is the only one fighting this, why would Goodell punish the Saints organization further because Vilma is fighting this in court?

I get it just fine. You are reading things I am not saying. Vilma isn't the only one fighting this. All 4 of the players are involved. Vilma is just the only one filing a defamation suit.

My "THEY" was never directed at the Saints organization. It was directed at the 4 players fighting this in court. They got the first suspension thrown out on a technicality but by delaying punishment they made the league separate it into 2 parts. I want to see them get nailed by both parts of that punishment. The salary cap violations don't HAVE to punish the Saints as a team. They can just as easily be penalties enforced on the PLAYERS in question.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Paul Tagliabue has given the NFLPA official word that he will not be recusing himself from the CBA appeals process.

http://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/statuses/265615792245190656
Tom Brady Tribute
Harper41

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just. End. This.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
mco65

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling that by the time it does end, the players will no longer be on an active roster... perhaps that is the goal..
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mco65 wrote:
I have a feeling that by the time it does end, the players will no longer be on an active roster... perhaps that is the goal..

Most Saints fans do agree that Vilma will be gone, and Smith is a toss up at this point.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: