Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

#99, The Ghost
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dashing


Joined: 10 Jul 2011
Posts: 3685
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Classic FF skins fans . Bash a man for telling the truth till end of season others start to agree.

Jenkins done nothing the injury is a huge excuse if they FEEL he isnt ready than why start him?.

He has been a bust wasnt he a 4-3 DT in college ?. Guys we suck on defense for good reasons he done nothing no sack no big loss of yards not even one single pressure or PD or anything . We are better off putting Cofield who isnt doing to good at NT and put him at Jenkins spot and put Baker at NT and see if things work. Heck last year on IR and being a non-factor so far this year makes him a bust for now maybe he'll be a bit better next year but that might not happen since Carriker is obviously better.

But we wont we will just bash eachother for some one telling the truth ....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
footy_29


Joined: 31 Jan 2007
Posts: 11394
Location: The Frozen Tundra that is Canada
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
Classic FF skins fans . Bash a man for telling the truth till end of season others start to agree.

Jenkins done nothing the injury is a huge excuse if they FEEL he isnt ready than why start him?.

He has been a bust wasnt he a 4-3 DT in college ?. Guys we suck on defense for good reasons he done nothing no sack no big loss of yards not even one single pressure or PD or anything . We are better off putting Cofield who isnt doing to good at NT and put him at Jenkins spot and put Baker at NT and see if things work. Heck last year on IR and being a non-factor so far this year makes him a bust for now maybe he'll be a bit better next year but that might not happen since Carriker is obviously better.

But we wont we will just bash eachother for some one telling the truth ....


Oh right, I forgot that Jackson was better than Orakpo.

Just because someone has an opinion, doesn't mean they are right. Logic dictates that Jenkins should not be claimed as a bust at this point of his career after an ACL injury ruined his first season. Based on a plethora of examples, it takes time to come back from an ACL injury.

A recent example, among many, is Lardarius Webb who looked relatively pedestrian in 2011 in his return from an ACL injury, then played like a top 10 corner this season before another ACL injury ended his 2012 season.

Saying that Jarvis is a bust is like saying that Aldrick Robinson was a bust at the end of last season, which almost all did. Heck, I think I said that he was, and he's turned out to be a valuable developing player. The difference is that he did not have a major injury and the corresponding surgery before reaching the regular season.
_________________

Blknite01's masterpiece
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62221
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
He hasn't produced immediate results! OMFGzzzz! Cut him like yesterday and get it over with. Rolling Eyes


He hasn't produced ... "a play",, not one! Just taking up space like your post.
thats not true. I forget which game it was but he bulrushes a guard and nearly had a sack on a qb. Maybe it was vs the rams?

I can't remember, but Jenkins has shown some flashes that he rounding back into form. He is only going to improve, get healthier, get stronger and learn more in this D as he plays more.

I have to be honest here. I'm pretty disappointed in this topic. It just shouts out extreme panic to me and we shouldn't be doing that. IMO
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Preseason 8; Final Cuts 31; Reg Season 39
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62221
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
He's collapsed the pocket several times, including against a double team. Sometimes I think posters forget he's a 3-4 DE, who by nature of his position will never get many tackles, and is in his first year of professional football.
thank you footy! Great points as usual. Cool he's made some plays, is rounding back into form. I think he will make some plays for us in the second half if the season. You are exactly right, in his position he's basically like a DT. He's a run stuffer, we are top 10 vs the run this year, last I checked 9th. He is supposed to keep the LBs clean to make plays. He is only going to get better at it, logical people know this. If a 3-4 DE gets 5 + sacks that's really out of the ordinary unless you are elite like Watt.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Preseason 8; Final Cuts 31; Reg Season 39
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62221
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
Classic FF skins fans . Bash a man for telling the truth till end of season others start to agree.

Jenkins done nothing the injury is a huge excuse if they FEEL he isnt ready than why start him?.

He has been a bust wasnt he a 4-3 DT in college ?. Guys we suck on defense for good reasons he done nothing no sack no big loss of yards not even one single pressure or PD or anything . We are better off putting Cofield who isnt doing to good at NT and put him at Jenkins spot and put Baker at NT and see if things work. Heck last year on IR and being a non-factor so far this year makes him a bust for now maybe he'll be a bit better next year but that might not happen since Carriker is obviously better.

But we wont we will just bash eachother for some one telling the truth ....
buddy. The acl injury is a serious injury to Return from as Footy said, it takes time to recover from. Often times two years till the player is back to what they were. Add to the fact he has only played in now 9 nfl games and missed all of last year and most off the offseason rehabbing his injury, it's clear you and RSkinGM are over-reacting here.

A bust is a player that's been in the league for like 5 years and didn't do anything. This is not a current description of Jenkins.

Oh and yes he was a 4-3 DT in college. Id say 99% of 3-4 DE's in the nfl are 4-3 DT's in college. The 3-4 de position has a lot of the same responsibilities that a 4-3 DT does. They aren't edge pass rushers, they are space eaters in the run game and inside pass rushers in the passing game.

I'm not against playing Baker more at the NT position and sliding Barry over to DE for some of his snaps, but still Jenkins isn't a bust, he's a young developing player. Having Baker at NT IMO would help us out more at the point of attack IMO.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Preseason 8; Final Cuts 31; Reg Season 39
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RSkinGM


Joined: 06 Mar 2007
Posts: 3647
Location: Richmond, Va
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
He hasn't produced immediate results! OMFGzzzz! Cut him like yesterday and get it over with. Rolling Eyes


He hasn't produced ... "a play",, not one! Just taking up space like your post.
thats not true. I forget which game it was but he bulrushes a guard and nearly had a sack on a qb. Maybe it was vs the rams?

I can't remember, but Jenkins has shown some flashes that he rounding back into form. He is only going to improve, get healthier, get stronger and learn more in this D as he plays more.

I have to be honest here. I'm pretty disappointed in this topic. It just shouts out extreme panic to me and we shouldn't be doing that. IMO


The coach tanks the season and says he's evaluating players for next year,, and you are dissapointed in one player being criticised--That's rich my man .. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62221
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
He hasn't produced immediate results! OMFGzzzz! Cut him like yesterday and get it over with. Rolling Eyes


He hasn't produced ... "a play",, not one! Just taking up space like your post.
thats not true. I forget which game it was but he bulrushes a guard and nearly had a sack on a qb. Maybe it was vs the rams?

I can't remember, but Jenkins has shown some flashes that he rounding back into form. He is only going to improve, get healthier, get stronger and learn more in this D as he plays more.

I have to be honest here. I'm pretty disappointed in this topic. It just shouts out extreme panic to me and we shouldn't be doing that. IMO


The coach tanks the season and says he's evaluating players for next year,, and you are dissapointed in one player being criticised--That's rich my man .. Laughing
pretty much. It's not like you haven't don't this in the past with players either. It's just been 3 years. I guess you are getting back to that old 2009 form hey? Rolling Eyes
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Preseason 8; Final Cuts 31; Reg Season 39
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
kerrdawg


Joined: 23 Apr 2009
Posts: 854
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jenkins has been very good against the run this year. He eats up blockers and holds his ground, which is what you want from a 3-4 DE. I thought everyone generally agreed it would take time for him to become a pass rush presence as he wasn't one in college. All that being said, considering he's coming off an ACL injury, is essentially a rookie, and is only starting due to injury, I'd say he's been doing quite well. If he stays healthy, I expect a big leap in production from him next year with a full offseason to build strength and a full year of game experience under his belt.
_________________
You play to win the game! -Herm Edwards
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62221
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Footy and Jeezy. He's essentially a rookie and he's still working himself back from a torn acl. Calling him or any player a Bust in essentially his rookie year is just flat out wrong
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Preseason 8; Final Cuts 31; Reg Season 39
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
S. Taylor


Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Posts: 11249
Location: By the Lake
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who IS making an impact on the defensive line?
No one.
_________________
"The key to life is working harder than your situation. Work harder than your situation..."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group