Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theJ

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
Give me Eric Reid in the 1st. A cover LB in the 2nd and a RB like Ellington. Get more LBs later.

Anyone think Greshams struggles have to do with him not being happy with Charles being drafted? Or is that completely off base?

You act like this is something new. Gresham always has drops. He tries to move before he has the ball.

I'd be happy with that draft.
Add a safety like Vaccaro or Rambo

It's not just drops. It's the mental errors and missed assignments. Not what you expect from a 1st rounder

Just the same, they're going to give Gresham another year while bringing Charles up to speed. Barring a nasty injury, he'll be the starter next year.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
Spartan300

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What RB's do you guys like in the draft this year? Any good RB's becoming free agents this off season? I don't think the Law Firm is an every down back.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartan300 wrote:
What RB's do you guys like in the draft this year? Any good RB's becoming free agents this off season? I don't think the Law Firm is an every down back.

We need to draft Barrett Jones. Get him and our rushing issues go away...

Orlovsky has too much experience here. Manziel doesn't stand a chance.
Spartan300

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Spartan300 wrote:

We need to draft Barrett Jones. Get him and our rushing issues go away...

I'm not a huge fan of Kyle Cook, but he is a decent center. His abscence has really had an impact on our run game this year. That being said I still don't think BJGE is an everydown back. Nice niche player nothing more. I do really like Jones though.
ROBERTFREEMAN

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it sounds crazy but I want to draft everyone on Georgia. Alexander Ogletree would be a great coverage ILB and probably an instant upgrade over Rey. Jarvis Jones would be a great pass rusher who we may have to trade up for. Both the safetys I think would be upgrades at least to our backups, Bacarri Rambo and Shawn Williams are both very good. And John Jenkins is huge and great in the run game.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROBERTFREEMAN wrote:
I know it sounds crazy but I want to draft everyone on Georgia. Alexander Ogletree would be a great coverage ILB and probably an instant upgrade over Rey. Jarvis Jones would be a great pass rusher who we may have to trade up for. Both the safetys I think would be upgrades at least to our backups, Bacarri Rambo and Shawn Williams are both very good. And John Jenkins is huge and great in the run game.

Not a big fan of Rambo and I don't think we need Jenkins. I agree with everything else though. I would love it if the Bengals got Jarvis Jones. Ogletree in the second would be a phenomenal pick as well...

Spartan300 wrote:
I'm not a huge fan of Kyle Cook, but he is a decent center. His abscence has really had an impact on our run game this year. That being said I still don't think BJGE is an everydown back. Nice niche player nothing more. I do really like Jones though.

Yeah, you're right. It's mainly on BJGE...

ROBERTFREEMAN

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how much Georgia you see but living in Fl I see basically all their games and Rambo not only has the numbers year in and out but he is always around the ball, a true ball hawk, who might not have all the measurables but he will be a good NFLer.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROBERTFREEMAN wrote:
I don't know how much Georgia you see but living in Fl I see basically all their games and Rambo not only has the numbers year in and out but he is always around the ball, a true ball hawk, who might not have all the measurables but he will be a good NFLer.

I completely lost faith in Rambo after the LSU game last season. There were several longs runs in which Rambo was in perfect position to make a play and he basically gave zero effort to even slow down the running back. He looked like Chris Crocker against the Texans in the playoffs last season.

Maybe I'm being overly harsh, but I can't stand players that give up on plays. Would much rather have Williams. I love all the other Bulldogs though...

djc27osu

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartan300 wrote:

Giovanni Bernard from unc and Eddie Lacy from bama if they come out are my top 2 backs now that Lattimore is out
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Ellington from Clemson? I haven't seen them at all, but see his names on lists by position.
ROBERTFREEMAN

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured I would be bring this back to the top.

With the ultimate goal being a super bowl what would you guys say our needs are in the draft. I would love to get Amerson with Oaklands pick at the top of the second and Eric Reid with ours, or Ogeltree.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LB help, safety help and another RB option. Also a corner that can catch

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
dez85

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind grabbing Gerald Hodges, CJ Mosley, Eric Reid, David Amerson(safety), or an edge rusher with the first 2 picks. Even a guy like Knile Davis.
dez85

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, what are the chances we let Maualuga go and let Burfict take over the middle? Or if we let Maualuga go are we just going to insert a rookie MLB.
Anonymous3

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dez85 wrote:
Also, what are the chances we let Maualuga go and let Burfict take over the middle? Or if we let Maualuga go are we just going to insert a rookie MLB.

I think it's the former. Then we'll draft a SLB, since there are tons of tweeners this year and we all know Marvin loves a tweener there. That's what I'm hoping for too, as I think Burfict has turned it around and will be a stud in a few years.

With the other two picks it just depends on how FA goes. If we can retain Michael Johnson, while still saving enough money to extend Atkins would be ideal. Then we can focus on skill positions in the draft like RB and S. With two second rounders we have a lot of possibilites. Never count out trading up - Mikey may not have done it a lot in the past but with the rookie wage scale he could always pull the trigger now. I would definitely look to trade up if someone like Teo or Moore fell to the 8-10 range. Just as long as you don't surrender anything more than like a second and a mid round pick.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 3 of 14

Jump to: