Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chiefs sign DL Shaun Smith; Cut CB Stanford Routt, now a FA
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Chiefs sign DL Shaun Smith; Cut CB Stanford Routt, now a FA Reply with quote

Quote:
#Chiefs waived Stanford Routt to make room for Shaun Smith, Romeo references "relationship" w/ Routt not progressing. Interesting.

http://twitter.com/mellinger/statuses/265537308680409088

Quote:
To any team that claims Stanford Routt off waivers: Remember, he has a $10 option bonus in 2013.

http://twitter.com/brian_mcintyre/statuses/265539176068415488

***Update***
Quote:
Just found out former #Chiefs [and #Raiders] CB Stanford Routt went unclaimed via waiver wire, he is now officially a free-agent.

https://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/status/265949440127422464
Tom Brady Tribute

Last edited by Billy Spikes on Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man that's not good. Travis Daniels/ Arenas got eaten alive by the Chargers.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
HiccupGuy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why did we release Routt to make room for him? There could of been other players that could of been released that are not even starters. Even tho Routt hasnt been good this year. He hasn't been awful.

Just doesn't make sense to me.

Last edited by HiccupGuy on Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember when the Raiders gave Routt a monster deal.

A couple years later, he's being released by arguably the worst team in the NFL, which has no CB depth.

Its funny how things work out sometimes...
Laughing

He'll be scooped up by somebody I'm sure, he isn't a bad CB. The Dolphins are in desperate need for CB depth... I wouldn't mind taking a look and signing him to a 1 year deal... maybe resign him in the offseason if he plays well down the stretch.

Nacho Simulation Football League

Last edited by TheKillerNacho on Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HiccupGuy wrote:
Why did we release Routt to make room for him? There could of been other players that could of been released that are not even starters. Even tho Routt hasnt been good this year. He hasn't been awfull.

Just doesn't make sense to me.

As it says in the quote, Romeo said their "relationship was not progressing".

Whatever that means.
Tom Brady Tribute
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are missing the biggest part of the story. The return of the Hamburglar!
Buckweath

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked Routt and he's so far away from the first player I'd release from this team.

Just how much of this [inappropriate/removed] can we take us Chiefs fans??

Absolutely ridiculous!!

I mean, it's not like we have a baclup who has shown anything and I thought Routt had been decent overall.
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
You guys are missing the biggest part of the story. The return of the Hamburglar!

I have no interest in Shaun Smith - a pretty irrelevant signing, IMO. Probably signed incase Glenn Dorsey's injury was serious.

Babylon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Chiefs release CB Stanford Routt, Sign DL Shaun Smith Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:

Quote:
To any team that claims Stanford Routt off waivers: Remember, he has a $10 option bonus in 2013.

Does that really mean anything? Like with Peyton's, wouldn't this just mean the team that claims Routt would just have to re-negotiate or cut him in the offseason?
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

I have no interest in Shaun Smith - a pretty irrelevant signing, IMO. Probably signed incase Glenn Dorsey's injury was serious.

It was just a joke.

As a Bengals fan I have many reasons to hate on him, but I'll admit the last time I saw him play he was actually decent. He could have been a solid rotational D-Linemen if not for his attitude.

As for Routt, didn't Oakland have an issue with his attitude as well?
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Chiefs release CB Stanford Routt, Sign DL Shaun Smith Reply with quote

Babylon wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:

Quote:

Does that really mean anything? Like with Peyton's, wouldn't this just mean the team that claims Routt would just have to re-negotiate or cut him in the offseason?

Exactly... The Dolphins are severely lacking Cornerback depth with Richard Marshall out. If we can claim him even as just a one-year bandaid, we should do it.

simonwayne

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I think Arenas is the 2nd best CB on our roster, he's pretty much a nickel CB. Routt was/is 10x better than Travis Daniels. So I assume we are just in tank mode or something.

Pioli looks like an idiot for letting Carr walk now, (who said that he wasn't even contacted by KC, they just let him become a FA) who probably would have stayed and played with his friend Flowers. I mean, we have 26 million in cap space going to waste and we couldn't resign Carr? We also couldn't resign Orton to at the very least compete with Cassel when we all know that Orton is going to win that battle easily.

Man, Pioli needs to be fired. Crennel too. I am losing faith in this organization each passing day that they are not fired.
Dogfeet

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just when you think the Chiefs pass D can't get any worse...I suppose they are sending a message, is this Pioli or Hunt behind this?
simonwayne

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogfeet wrote:
Just when you think the Chiefs pass D can't get any worse...I suppose they are sending a message, is this Pioli or Hunt behind this?

It's funny because Chiefs fans have been wondering all week if Daniels would be cut to send a message after he was shown just jogging across the field when he could have ran to break up a huge run TD, but now he's promoted to the starter. It's just about saving money. Pioli just has to go. This organization is going nowhere fast under him. We've gotten progressively worst the last 2 years and are the worst team in the league this year. I don't see much changing in the future either. Sitting on 26 million and not even bothering to resign Orton or Carr when you have a team with talent capable of winning the West.

Being a Chiefs fan sucks, man.
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogfeet wrote:

Honestly I have no idea what it's about. Some type of message I suppose but it's another black mark on Pioli's resume here in KC. The official reason was said by Crennel as:

Quote:
relationship with Routt was not progressing

Awesome.
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Stats: Irrelevant Status: Chief family for life!
Get well soon EB29!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: