Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

#99, The Ghost
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: #99, The Ghost Reply with quote

Jarvis Jenkins is just a flat out bust, 2011 preseason hope / hype ,,OR he just hasn't come back from the ACL injury.. He 's offering nothing out there .. I never see him make a play--never hear his name yet he's seems to be out there --on the field. Time to give Baker more time at end . Kerrigan also has dissappeared as has been pointed out without Rak on the other side.
AND--Chris Cooley is just proving the decision to cut him before the season was the correct one.
mike23md

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: #99, The Ghost Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Jarvis Jenkins is just a flat out bust, 2011 preseason hope / hype ,,OR he just hasn't come back from the ACL injury.. He 's offering nothing out there .. I never see him make a play--never hear his name yet he's seems to be out there --on the field. Time to give Baker more time at end . Kerrigan also has dissappeared as has been pointed out without Rak on the other side.
AND--Chris Cooley is just proving the decision to cut him before the season was the correct one.

Chris Baker is a NT. Not an end. Chris Cooley has been targeted 1 time since he has returned.

I will admit that Jenkins does not look like the hype that was given to him prior to last season. I am not sure if he is skittish about his injury or what. But as an end that is expected to play well in the absence of the starter, you should be actually trying to outplay the starter to make your case that you deserve to be the starter.

He was a 2nd round pick. He should be playing to that level or better. I cant explain why he has been a ghost in plays.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill give Jenkins a lil more time because of his injury b4 I call him a bust. The team seem to bring Cooley back to play behind Paulsen and Paul (witch to me is a waste) so I won't fault Cooley, and Kerrigan is missing Orakpo on the opposite side.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is his rookie season, let's give him some time.
Sassan11

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we need to give Jenkins more time. When he was drafted a lot of people though he was a reach. Also it was said that he needs to work on his upper body strength. His lower body (legs) were really strong and powerful and thats why he was so effective. But if he is hesitant to put as much pressure on his legs due to his injury I can see how it would severely hurt his play. I would wait and see what he does next year before calling him a bust. Personally I can see him going back to they hype he was getting last year or being a bust. But I'm not willing to judge until I see him next year.
lavar703

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He needs to be given a season to get back to form. He destroyed his knee and that takes time to recover from.
Jeezy Fanatic

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarvis is essentially a rookie this year learning the ropes while playing on a knee that was destroyed just over a year ago. He may never amount to anything now, but I'm not ready to give up on him before he ever even gets a full offseason of conditioning at the NFL level.

Where you go we'll follow! Let's go USMNT!!!!
DarrellGreen28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point. Not sure I've heard his once so far. Not exaggerating. I literally can't remember a single play he made.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He hasn't produced immediate results! OMFGzzzz! Cut him like yesterday and get it over with. Rolling Eyes
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
He hasn't produced immediate results! OMFGzzzz! Cut him like yesterday and get it over with. Rolling Eyes

He hasn't produced ... "a play",, not one! Just taking up space like your post.
DarrellGreen28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:

Not saying to cut him but it's an alarming fact nontheless. You expect to see something at this point.

Hell, since I can't remember a thing he did, I looked it up and he has 11 tackles all season. Don't remember any of them.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarrellGreen28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

Not saying to cut him but it's an alarming fact nontheless. You expect to see something at this point.

Hell, since I can't remember a thing he did, I looked it up and he has 11 tackles all season. Don't remember any of them.
I agree I haven't noticed him much either. I'm just sick of all the overreaction threads.
lavar703

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

He hasn't produced ... "a play",, not one! Just taking up space like your post.

I'd say you've done that 2280 times....
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give you one play I did see him-- The TD run with the inadvertant whistle. The tackle pushed him to the ground like he was the 120 lb. weakling..and the back just ran right by the corner.
footy_29

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's collapsed the pocket several times, including against a double team. Sometimes I think posters forget he's a 3-4 DE, who by nature of his position will never get many tackles, and is in his first year of professional football.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: