Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Judge-Ground attack making Steelers the threat
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SouthwestSteel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Judge-Ground attack making Steelers the threat Reply with quote

Quote:
Now the Steelers are beginning to close out opponents with the run, and their latest conquest is the evidence. Pittsburgh had the ball 10-and-a-half minutes more than its opponent -- a team that wants to run, too, but couldn't Sunday -- and it had it for 21 more plays, an advantage that played into the outcome.

"When everybody gets healthy," promised Redman, "we're going to be a team that is going to be reckoned with. With all three of us, who knows what we'll be?"

It's a good question. We just saw what happened when the Steelers were reduced to just one of them, and it was good enough to beat one of the league's most formidable opponents -- under, as I mentioned, adverse circumstances ... which, of course, is why you should start to pay attention to these guys.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/20827529/ground-attack-making-steelers-the-threat-we-all-thought-theyd-be
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It all starts up front.

The only thing Im getting a bit annoyed with is the fact that our running game is now clicking, yet we arent taking any shots downfield really. We did once yesterday on the play Antonio Brown got hurt, but that was a pointless attempt that was more just throwing the ball away.

Yesterday...I understood because the Giants have beast pass rushers and Adams is still adjusting....but while I do like what Haley has done for the most part, I would like us to take some more shots downfield. We only have Wallace for 8 more games most likely....we should get as much use out of him as we can.
waffles7

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
It all starts up front.

The only thing Im getting a bit annoyed with is the fact that our running game is now clicking, yet we arent taking any shots downfield really. We did once yesterday on the play Antonio Brown got hurt, but that was a pointless attempt that was more just throwing the ball away.

Yesterday...I understood because the Giants have beast pass rushers and Adams is still adjusting....but while I do like what Haley has done for the most part, I would like us to take some more shots downfield. We only have Wallace for 8 more games most likely....we should get as much use out of him as we can.

Lets hope we have him for 11 more Wink lol

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to an interview with Charlie Batch recently, their opponents are ALWAYS rotating a safety to Wallace. the threat of Wallace is more likely to keep the safeties back and help the running game.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
SouthwestSteel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is another very good article, some really nice quotes here:

Quote:
"I feel like this is possibly the best win that we've had since I've been on this team, just because we overcame so much,'' said Steelers receiver Mike Wallace, a member of the 2010 AFC champion Steelers. "We had a lot of adversity to overcome today, but everybody stayed together. Everybody stayed positive and we won the game.''

"With Isaac, he's very quick side to side, with his agility,'' Steelers veteran left tackle Max Starks said. "He makes a decision and he's a one-cut runner. He's not dancing. He makes that decision and he just goes straight ahead, and you can either get on the train tracks or you can get out of the way. I think most people know if you get on the train tracks, you don't really win that much.''

Redman repeatedly made yards after first contact with Giants defenders, spinning off tacklers, bouncing out of closed holes and making the most of his opportunity -- and his second opportunities on nearly every run.

"It felt kind of weird, coming the day of [the game], but any obstacle that comes in our way, we just push it aside and come to work,'' Redman said. "We knew the Giants were dealing with their own adversity, so we couldn't feel bad for ourselves. We just came out here ready to play. When you're a Steeler, that's what it's about. It's about never giving up, regardless of how we started off the season. Coach Tomlin said, 'This game is the fork in the road, which way do we want to go?' We're in the right direction.''

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/don_banks/11/04/steelers-giants/index.html#ixzz2BMUrTD5n

Another telling quote from Wallace I saw elsewhere:

"I love this team,'' said Wallace. "We're fighters. This win says we're rolling now."
SteelProven

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Steelers offensively are becoming more and more comfortable in the Haley offense. I think the big plays are coming, but Brown has to be able to beat coverage deep some times to keep the safeties from rolling to Wallace all the time. Teams are content with letting Wallace run the short intermediate stuff and the more Wallace adjustment to make those long gains like yesterday he'll also help his own cause.

But the crazy thing is that the OL is sustaining blocks moving people off the line. Since Adams has been the starter the running game has improved.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double post

Last edited by Dook on Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dook

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Dook"]
SteelProven wrote:
The Steelers offensively are becoming more and more comfortable in the Haley offense. I think the big plays are coming, but Brown has to be able to beat coverage deep some times to keep the safeties from rolling to Wallace all the time. Teams are content with letting Wallace run the short intermediate stuff and the more Wallace adjustment to make those long gains like yesterday he'll also help his own cause.

But the crazy thing is that the OL is sustaining blocks moving people off the line. Since Adams has been the starter the running game has improved.

It's not just Adams side their running to, it's Willie Colon's also.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Dook"]
Dook wrote:
SteelProven wrote:

I dont think anyone will deny Colon and even Pouncey are playing better, but Adams is very clearly a superior run blocker to Gilbert.

And Adams pass blocking is gradually improving. Im really liking what Im seeing there in terms of his development.
Bobikus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SouthwestSteel wrote:

"I love this team,'' said Wallace. "We're fighters. This win says we're rolling now."

Still nothing I would love to see more next offseason than for the Steelers to work out a reasonable contract with this guy.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adams has a mean streak and Gilbert does not. It is the same reason Starks lost the RT position.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
SteelProven

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="FourThreeMafia"]
Dook wrote:
Dook wrote:
SteelProven wrote:

I dont think anyone will deny Colon and even Pouncey are playing better, but Adams is very clearly a superior run blocker to Gilbert.

And Adams pass blocking is gradually improving. Im really liking what Im seeing there in terms of his development.

Exactly Adams play has been anything short of amazing especially with how the team is playing and the runs they have got to his side of the field.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SteelProven"]
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Dook wrote:
Dook wrote:
SteelProven wrote:

Exactly Adams play has been anything short of amazing especially with how the team is playing and the runs they have got to his side of the field.

They got the player I wanted in the draft (Adams) but it took a while to get him on the field. Now it is working out really well and I just hope they keep running the ball like this. Foster has been playing well too. I actually think this OL looks like they want to run the ball now as well, seems like they like pushing the opposition around more than picking up their qb This looks right now Laughing
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Dook wrote:
Dook wrote:

i agree. I like what I'm seeing in this OL. It's developed into a solid unit. I think the steelers have found solid players to build around for the future in Pouncey, DeCastro, Adams and Gilbert.

No doubt Decastro needs to get healthy and prov himself. Adams and Gilbert till have developing to do as well, but it's clear to me the future is finally bright for the OL.

I like what I've been seeing out of Colon lately also. The move to guard is panning out for him.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobikus wrote:
SouthwestSteel wrote:

Still nothing I would love to see more next offseason than for the Steelers to work out a reasonable contract with this guy.
I totally agree. I think they can get something done.

Anyone know how much cap space the steelers have in 2013?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: