Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Aldrick Robinson's role is expected to grow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Aldrick Robinson's role is expected to grow Reply with quote

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/nov/1/robinsons-role-with-redskins-to-grow-because-of-sp/

Aldrick Robinson is going to see more and more playing time this year because of his speed and ability to stretch the field vertically.

Quote:
Washington Redskins receiver Aldrick Robinson will get more playing time beginning with this Sunday’s game against the Carolina Panthers, coach Mike Shanahan said this week. Robinson injects some speed into an offense that is without No. 1 ‘X’ receiver Pierre Garcon and athletic tight end Fred Davis because of injuries.

“Every time I step on the field, I want to give that speed and give the defense a vertical threat,” Robinson said. “We’ve got a lot of fast receivers, but I definitely want to bring speed to the table.”
great news! We need this guy out there. The article said When Robinson got the concussion s TB, other players stepped up like Morgan, Moss and Hankerson and Robinson was the odd man out. Then they didn't like his blocking on the edges for the run game.

Robinson really impressed with his speed the first few weeks and last week vs Pburgh. His stutter go move that got him open vs Keenan Lewis really impressed Shanahan. Shanahan said if Lewis hasn't illegally grabbed Robinson's arm so that Robinson couldn't catch the ball, Robinson would have scored a TD on the play.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
markrc99

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: Aldrick Robinson's role is expected to grow Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

Aldrick Robinson is going to see more and more playing time this year because of his speed and ability to stretch the field vertically. ... We need this guy out there. The article said When Robinson got the concussion vs TB, other players stepped up... Then they didn't like his blocking on the edges for the run game. Robinson really impressed with his speed the first few weeks and last week vs Pittsburgh. His stutter go move that got him open vs Keenan Lewis really impressed Shanahan. Shanahan said if Lewis hadn't illegally grabbed Robinson's arm so that Robinson couldn't catch the ball, Robinson would have scored a TD...

I agree completely, with losing Garcon, Helu Jr. & Davis the team has lost much of the speed they were depending on (at all 3 positions no less). I'd also read & seen the issue with Robinson's ... how should I say... less than inspired effort in the run game. What I've seen is only based on one play. But what I saw was not so much a matter of technique, but that he somehow tipped off the CB. Can't remember which game it was but on the presnap, the CB initially was giving him a cushion but then came up quickly & to the inside. This left Robinson totally out of position to sell a rte or to get his block. Now, I looked at that from huddle to snap & I couldn't figure out what or if Robinson had done anything that tipped the CB. To be sure, that may well have been a defensive key to formation or designed call, I can't say. The only thing that I saw was that after Robinson lined up, he turned his head to look at the snap of the ball & never looked at the coverage he was facing.

Thing is, the only reason I had even bothered to look at that particular play was because I had read something similar to what you've cited here. Difference being, when Robinson is on the back side of the play or it's a run, defenders are quick to sense it. Hopefully someone has gotten him to understand that his game has to be more than just about him catching the football. Robert Griffin's ability to quickly push the ball downfield & Robinson's ability to get vertical in a hurry is a deadly combination!

Besides the play you mentioned, I really liked that deep cross where Griffin hit Niles Paul for 37yds. I was also impressed with Logan Paulsen running that inside seam rte. There was one where he turned & reached back for the football while maintaining much of his momentum. Now, he released clean & didn't draw much of the coverage, but when he does, anything that's thrown up high he's going to compete to come down with it. To me, Cooley looked small, slow & feeble. It's hard for me to believe that DeAngelo Peterson wasn't the better choice. I saw the interview they ran on the NFL Network and Cooley was slow to put words together, full sentences. During the preseason he looked less like a guy who was fighting for a roster spot & more like somebody avoiding contact. I think he should've stayed retired before he ends up doing some real damage to himself. I don't know the guy, maybe he's always talked like that... just saying, it didn't sound too good. Now of course, I'll say something like that & the guy will have 13 catches for 200yds today. lol
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cooley has always talked in a way like what you are describing, he's fine.

What you have to remember is that before last weeks game vs the steelers Cooley hadn't played a regular season game since oct of 2011.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: