Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Would you rather....Suck for Luck or Play for Tannehill
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fender

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xXxHOUSEDxXx wrote:
I think after today it's pretty clear we should have Sucked for Luck.

The Colts tanked, and then drafted Luck. Im not sure why you are still a Miami fan... you and them seem like a perfect fit.
Clutch

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xXxHOUSEDxXx wrote:
dolphan9954 wrote:
xXxHOUSEDxXx wrote:
I think after today it's pretty clear we should have Sucked for Luck.

Just stop.

Do you want me to stop because the truth hurts? You've made several posts in this thread, none of which have made any sense.

Tough to win a gunfight with a knife.

I just thought our D would do a better job. They didn't and we lost. Both qb's played well, made elite throws. One won and one lost. You learn more from the loss than the win. The fins know they will need more weapons for games like this, and against the Pats (and other elite O's)

Any team that spreads any team out usually has their way with the D. The Giants have been the only team to stop the Pats. The Texans got destroyed by the Pack. Not sure what the point is. Unless you have an elite pass rush or elite secondary you will struggle in those situations.

Let me ask you this, do you think if the two qb's today switched teams, the fins would have won? I don't. Wayne/Allen/Hilton were superior to Hartline/Bess/Fasano.
phinmun

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see any reason to think either QB was bad in this game. I think they both played admirably. Andrew Luck was able to slide away from our only rusher time and time again and deliver the ball to a number of receiving targets including one of the league's top receivers, Reggie Wayne, and a guy who was probably the best TE prospect in the draft last year in Dwayne Allen.

Andrew Luck had a simple formula to follow and he did well in completing his task as he stayed upright in the pocket, slid away from pressure and completed the ball to WRs that were embarrassingly open at times.

We've seen Ryan Tannehill do the same thing. In fact in his defense, Ryan Tannehill threw for 430 yards against a Cardinals pass defense that is certainly better than what Andrew Luck was facing today. The only difference was that Andrew Luck's team was able to come away with a win. The Dolphins, as in the Cardinals game, lost by the foot of a kicker.

I would be happy if I was rooting for the Dolphins or Colts in this one because clearly both QBs are making good adjustments, moving well in the pocket, keeping their eyes down-field, finding open targets and deliverying very good throws to their guys.

Cheers to both.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: