Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 10: The Bye Week
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike23md

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Week 10: The Bye Week Reply with quote

Lets talk about the bye week here fellas.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy do we need this! Laughing things to keep an eye on:

1. How is Garçon doing? Will he return after the bye?
2. How is Meriweather doing? Will he return after the bye?

Anyways. Time to get ready for that 3-4 finish! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Brian23

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fire Jim.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
Fire Jim.
can we have a topic that doesn't focus on this please Question Pretty please with a cherry on top Question Pray Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

This season is over. They should shut down Garcon and get him healthy for next year. I'd be interested in seeing Meriweather play to see what he brings to the defense. Let him audition for next year. I'd also like to see Jamal Brown play and see if he has anything left.
Brian23

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
Fire Jim.
can we have a topic that doesn't focus on this please Question Pretty please with a cherry on top Question Pray Laughing

Its the bye week, all we can talk about are changes we want made.
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the giants,cowboys and philly,lose next week there really wont be too much ground to make up for. Being realistic,we're not too far out in the division race.

mike23md on the sig
David Amerson-48 Tackles 12 PD 2 INT 1 TD 1 FF
Jeezy Fanatic

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seemingly always my favorite week of the season

Where you go we'll follow! Let's go USMNT!!!!
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well its a week we cant lose.
Though I shouldnt jinx it by saying that. We do have DHall that could lose pneumonia just by dropping back 3 steps.

Trinidad: Where you can play dodgeball, jump off a diving board, and call a team the Redskins without the Communist Left sayin otherwise.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

This season is over. They should shut down Garcon and get him healthy for next year. I'd be interested in seeing Meriweather play to see what he brings to the defense. Let him audition for next year. I'd also like to see Jamal Brown play and see if he has anything left.
i wont say the season is over till we are eliminated from the playoffs. The eagles and cowboys arent better than us. we've only played one division game and nearly beat the giants. as for Garcon, yeah, I can see that happening. Agreed about Meriweather and Brown.
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:

Maybe I'm the only one, but one thing I want to see the Redskins change is to have London Fletcher on Tight Ends less often. He has a height disadvantage, always has and he's neither as athletic as he has been in the past or tackling as well. I think it's time for coaches to adjust because Fletcher has struggled badly this year against Tight Ends. In the past he's been effective but I don't know how they're not seeing this pattern week to week.

Put Perry Riley on the Tight End side more often. He's bigger, healthier and more athletic and I think he stands a better chance of successfully defending these bigger Tight Ends. I'm frankly getting sick of seeing London struggle every week with no adjustments. It would help him out a lot to be the guy defending the running back in the flat more often and not Greg Olsen or whoever the Tight End is week to week.
MikeT14

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
Seemingly always my favorite week of the season

^ This.

Also, just shut down Garcon. Get him healthy.

- mike23md on the sig!
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
Brian23 wrote:

Maybe I'm the only one, but one thing I want to see the Redskins change is to have London Fletcher on Tight Ends less often. He has a height disadvantage, always has and he's neither as athletic as he has been in the past or tackling as well. I think it's time for coaches to adjust because Fletcher has struggled badly this year against Tight Ends. In the past he's been effective but I don't know how they're not seeing this pattern week to week.

Put Perry Riley on the Tight End side more often. He's bigger, healthier and more athletic and I think he stands a better chance of successfully defending these bigger Tight Ends. I'm frankly getting sick of seeing London struggle every week with no adjustments. It would help him out a lot to be the guy defending the running back in the flat more often and not Greg Olsen or whoever the Tight End is week to week.
London's problem is his injuries. You bring up a good point about Riley. It's worth a shot. Riley in the past has been horrible vs the pass though and slow to read/recognize it. I guess it's worth a try to see what happens. Like you said, he's younger, bigger, 2 inches taller, healthier and more athletic maybe that will solve some problems.
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:
Brian23 wrote:

London's problem is his injuries. You bring up a good point about Riley. It's worth a shot. Riley in the past has been horrible vs the pass though and slow to read/recognize it. I guess it's worth a try to see what happens. Like you said, he's younger, bigger, 2 inches taller, healthier and more athletic maybe that will solve some problems.

London's problem is he's older than dirt ! Lost a step or more ..He's always been short - now he's short and slow. Sad
mike23md

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see a few things happen in the bye week going forward.

1. Committing to the run. Alfred Morris has been a beast and yesterday we completely ignored him most of the second half.

2. Get away from the QB draws, sweeps, naked boots etc. around the goal line. OR, at least have a contingency plan, like a TE in the back of the endzone, instead of just running RGIII and hoping his athleticism can do it all.

3. Less reliance on RGIII being Superman and using your offense to actually make plays, not RGIII.

4. Leave Brandon Banks on ST's and ST's only. Remove him from any offensive plays that require him to actually touch the ball. In my opinion, its time to cut our losses and just let him move on. Throw Moss back there or something because he is just not as elusive and electrifying as we once thought he was.

5. Target Chris Cooley more. We have him, might as well use him. Logan Paulsen is a manchild that can be unleashed, but Niles Paul is nowhere to be found and should be converted to the waiver wire. Chris Cooley is/was an all pro TE and has been in two games, and has gotten targeted 1 time. He can be used as an H back, TE, and should be used as a safety valve for RGIII. Paulsen is becoming that, cause this dude can block and catch.

6. Introduce a study hall for the WR's that don't want to actually learn how to run routes and be better than they are. Aldrick Robinson couldnt cut on a cutting board. And there is a report he is going to factor into our offense MORE?? If that is the case then sit his butt in a seat and have him watch players like Steve Smith, Santonio Holmes etc. on how they cut into routes.

7. Switch back to the 4-3 (I understand there is a lot more involved in this than just snapping the fingers, but with our OLB's right now, they are clearly better with hands in the dirt and getting the push.

8. Release both CB's. Neither of them are worth a pile of dog poo or the butt they came out of. Wilson was expected to be the shutdown CB and can't shutdown a light switch. Hall is a Shakespeare comedy. The Skins need to start evaluating CB's that actually want to play here and not just earn a paycheck. Hall has been on a serious decline and its time to really part ways with him. Start thinking about Sam Shields and possibly Terry Porter.

9. Fire Raheem Morris. He is the secondary coach and needs to be held accountable for the lack of a secondary showing up on the field.

10. Get rid of this freakin formation. Period.

I absolutely hate this formation. Banks is in the backfield, with Darrell Young. And Banks actually motions back there. Niles Paul is in the TE spot, but really insert any TE. This is what I am talking about, get Banks off the damn field. Why is Royster or Morris not back there instead of Banks. Hell, have Morgan back there. But not freakin Banks. This reiterates my point at #4.

11. Stick to the run. This is my most concerning point. Morris has shown to be a bright spot and gets the yards, always. Why do we go to this read option that is not utilizing the OL to actually be a professional offense. I understand that you want to call plays to the strengths of your players, but are we not actually seeing any good coaching by grooming him into a pocket passer with escapability instead of running these pistol plays.

I have unbridled optimism at this point. Do I have a lot of expectations, yes. But I want to see progress. I am seeing a lot of digression. Quickly. There needs to be a better emphasis on the gameplan and actually sticking to it. I want to see us play up to the level that we can play at, that the Skins have shown they can play at. I dont want to throw in the towel to evaluate players but I want to see progression. Our defense needs to take pride in who they are and start playing as a single unit.

The Skins can be better, but they still need key pieces to the puzzle that are either injured or are not on the team yet.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: