Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Defensive Appreciation
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AJ23

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighPointNCKid wrote:

We are a top 10 defense right now, that makes me very happy. I am a defensive minded guy. I dont care about offense so much, we will score but our D has to be able to get off the field on 3rd down. we are #9 overall in total defense right now! Shocked I was also shocked! Go DEFENSE!
This reality snuck up on me as well. I have noticed, however, weekly improvements on the defensive side. Now they are starting to look beastly.

I'll be the first to admit this... I became impatient with this coaching staff. Now I'm starting to think that this staff is going nowhere. This team continues to improve and respond to the coaching (no matter what we see or hear in the media). By next year we may see the step forward many were expecting this season (only, of course, if they continue to improve this season).
Moody

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hesitant to support Rivera after this year. Can we just demote him? Laughing

RG3 had like a 5.5 yards per throw average which backs up what everyone says about his short throws. Our defensive line probably had an edge because they've played against our own option for so long.

This defense is actually hitting now. I haven't seen them lay the lumber like this in a long time.

Norman turned in another good game and Josh Thomas is practically invisible out there which is great.
Cypher

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moody wrote:
Norman turned in another good game and Josh Thomas is practically invisible out there which is great.

Invisible? No way. On that RGIII run on 4th and goal, he was on an island against 2-3 blockers and shut that play down by forcing RGIII to keep stretching it out. Then he had the fantastic ankle-tackle on a return, along with other splash plays. He's been all over the field making plays.

NS922 wrote:
All on LOLton for page stretching to Green Idk what happened my phone graduated to ROFLtron
tbrown2699

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
Moody wrote:

Invisible? No way. On that RGIII run on 4th and goal, he was on an island against 2-3 blockers and shut that play down by forcing RGIII to keep stretching it out. Then he had the fantastic ankle-tackle on a return, along with other splash plays. He's been all over the field making plays.

Invisible is a positive comment when it comes to a corner. Norman is turning into a "shut down" type corner. I love this guy. The Panthers D is somewhat nasty. They are stopping the run and not giving up the big play. Johnson, Hardy and Alexander are providing awesome pressure. Luke is playing "lights out" in the middle.
Smitty89

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke Kuechly is the man! He's a just a flat out beast and is better than Beason. What do we do with Beason now? Thomas Davis is playing great also... Would we cut ties with Beason?
tbrown2699

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
Moody wrote:

Invisible is a positive comment when it comes to a corner. Norman is turning into a "shut down" type corner. I love this guy. The Panthers D is somewhat nasty. They are stopping the run and not giving up the big play. Johnson, Hardy and Alexander are providing awesome pressure. Luke is playing "lights out" in the middle.
Moody

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tbrown2699 wrote:
Cypher wrote:
Moody wrote:

Yeah, that was a compliment. Having your name called all the time is typically a bad thing as a secondary player unless it's run support/interceptions.

Next week is the biggest test so far for this defense.
AJ23

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moody wrote:
I'm hesitant to support Rivera after this year. Can we just demote him? Laughing

RG3 had like a 5.5 yards per throw average which backs up what everyone says about his short throws. Our defensive line probably had an edge because they've played against our own option for so long.

This defense is actually hitting now. I haven't seen them lay the lumber like this in a long time.

I certainly understand feeling that way. What I have seen, though, is a team that continues to respond to his coaching. One sign of this is that a player like Cam attributes the win to (among other things) what coach Rivera was "preaching" that week (just watched it). There is a psychological component to the game that most fans either don't get or overlook. It's those subtle things that should excite us that we often don't pay attention to.

We have complained about Rivera being a defensive minded coach, but the defense was not producing. Well, they have quietly become a nasty and hard hitting #9 defense. If they (offense and defense) improve through the rest of this season and Rivera is let go, at that point I would have to question the rationale of the organization.
Zithers

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cj and hardy have 14 sacks. 3rd most among duos in the league, behind houston's watt/smith and denver's miller/dumervil.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zithers wrote:
cj and hardy have 14 sacks. 3rd most among duos in the league, behind houston's watt/smith and denver's miller/dumervil.

Which is odd because Smith only has 4 sacks.

Shows how much of a beast Watt is.
Impulser12000

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i guess i'm starting to change my tune on mcdermott if this keeps up. the d calls at the end vs the bears and the falcons are inexcusable but i do have to admit theyre improved over last year and theyre getting better every week. i'm impressed and i have to tip my hat to them for shutting down rg3

CarolinaKitten on the sig
CAROLINA DID NOT DRAFT ARMANTI EDWARDS TO PLAY QB...or at all. Man he sucks
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
Zithers wrote:

Which is odd because Smith only has 4 sacks.

Shows how much of a beast Watt is.

And thats not even considering that they're a 3-4 end Duo Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: