Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Elwayfan Denver Mock Draft
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elwayfan07

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Elwayfan Denver Mock Draft Reply with quote

Offensive Co-Coordinator- Mike Shula- I think that McCoy will probably get a HC job in the offseason. Therefore, Denver will be looking for a new OC. I think that the primary focus will be finding someone to help develop Osweiler. Iím not worried about Peyton. Therefore, I think a perfect OC would be Mike Shula. He knows quarterbacks and can help Osweiler reach his potential.
Re-sign/ Extend
- OT Ryan Clady
- CB Chris Harris
- DT Mitch Unrein
Free Agency Ė
- OG Andy Levitre- I think Levitre upgrades the offensive line in a big way. First, he is an absolute upgrade over Beadles in both run and pass blocking. With Clady, he will form an elite left side. Second he allows Denver to use Beadles mobility and versatility to their advantage. Beadles can be the 3rd TE in Jumbo sets and on the 3rd Tackle in goal lines. That gives him the ability to trap block and pull more and be out screens. It upgrades the entire OL unit. This is a major upgrade and will really allow Denver to impose their will on other teams.
- DE Michael Johnson Ė Wolfe has been better than I expected. Von is almost a sack a game guy, and Doom has shown flashes of his pass rushing this year. However, another pass rusher could make this team elite. Michael Johnson isnít elite by any stretch, but he is an able pass rusher who can get you 5-7 sacks in this defense.

Draft
- Round 1- Louis Nix DT Notre Dame- Denver could still use a stout presence on the inside. Nix definitely provides that
- Round 2- Arthur Brown ILB Kansas State- It is between Brown Skov here. However, I think the intangibles and athleticism give Brown an edge here. He is a leader and though he may need to put on a few lbs I think he can play ILB.
- Round 3- Prentiss Wagner S/CB Tennessee- Denverís secondary is greatly improved. However, they could still use some depth. Wagner can step in at safety and play in nickel and dime packages.
- Round 4- Rex Burkhead RB Nebraska- Perfect complement to Hillman. Has everything except breakaway speed.
- Round 5-Devin Taylor South Carolina- Taylor has all the ability but hasnít put it together. Denver takes a flyer on his talent.
- Round 6- Chad Bumphis WR Mississippi State- A do it all player who will be valuable on special teams .

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Nix and Brown pick a lot. I'd be ecstatic if this happened.

Props to Joe_is_the_best on the sig

Blackhawks-Broncos-Bulls-CU-Cubs
mke1010

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denver will pick a wideout very early- probably in the first couple rounds. Stokely is almost a 100 years old. Caldwell has been a bust. Matt Willis is a 5th or 6th wide out . So behind Decker and DT we pretty much have nothing. If one of them got hurt, it could be seriously damaging. Denver needs more top end talent at WR.
elwayfan07

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree to a point. A #3 or #4 receiver isn't a high priority compared to DT, ILB etc.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elwayfan07 wrote:
I disagree to a point. A #3 or #4 receiver isn't a high priority compared to DT, ILB etc.

We sorely need a WR on this team. It doesn't seem that way sometimes, but we have nothing after DT and Decker and Stokley is old and very likely will not be here next year.

I don't know if a first round WR is the answer, but we will take one early, or get one in FA.

Thanks, Tzimisce
elwayfan07

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
elwayfan07 wrote:

We sorely need a WR on this team. It doesn't seem that way sometimes, but we have nothing after DT and Decker and Stokley is old and very likely will not be here next year.

I don't know if a first round WR is the answer, but we will take one early, or get one in FA.

I dont doubt that. Iagree with you. All though I think its a bit better than you think.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elwayfan07 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
elwayfan07 wrote:

I dont doubt that. Iagree with you. All though I think its a bit better than you think.

Matt Willis is trash, Stokely is old, we don't have anything else.

Cordarelle Patterson would be amazing for this team.

Thanks, Tzimisce
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elwayfan07 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
elwayfan07 wrote:

If any of those three were to go down, Matt Willis would be on the field the majority of the time. That ain't good.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elwayfan07 wrote:
I definitely agree with you. I have MLB as the #1 need. I can see this team taking a WR in the 2nd and a DT in the 3rd. Denver has not exactly rushed to select D linemen even when everybody assumes it is the most pressing need. Cheers
Cutler06

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
elwayfan07 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
elwayfan07 wrote:

While I personally think the defense will be addressed higher in the draft because the offense has seemed pretty solid overall this year, can you imagine the progression that Patterson would elevate this offense to Shocked

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
broncos67

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
elwayfan07 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
elwayfan07 wrote:

While I personally think the defense will be addressed higher in the draft because the offense has seemed pretty solid overall this year, can you imagine the progression that Patterson would elevate this offense to Shocked

That's what I'm saying. The offense HAS been solid, I'm not complaining about that, but outside the top 2 guys, we really are thin. Taking a dynamic threat would elevate us big time.

Remember, there will be a life after Peyton, so we need to help Brock/whoever out.

Thanks, Tzimisce
JRebar913

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love the first two picks. those are two of the players i was referring to in another post last night. just couldnt remember their names lol high character, high motor guys.
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Tavon Austin bad. He would be great in the slot.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
broncos67

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
I want Tavon Austin bad. He would be great in the slot.

That would be lethal.

Thanks, Tzimisce
mke1010

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as we are dreaming, I would love to get the following three:
1. Teo
2. Tavon Austin
3. Nix
We get these three players, a RB in the 4th round and a couple more depth through the mid rounds of the draft in addition to free agency signings primarily on the offensive line and I guarantee multiple super bowls. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: