Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL Voids Paytons Extension....Free agent after this season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
He has not picked HIS rookie QB from the draft.

I'm actually waiting on this to happen... it would be real intresting to me the timing and player he would choose.

Would he be willing to draft that guy this season, I don't think so but i really think 2014 and beyond is fair game. I do see Payton drafting a QB high sooner rather than later to groom for a couple seasons behind Drew.

Chase Daniel is a good guy and quality backup but is not the future of this franchise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Saint-Anger_13

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, but does he get traded in the NFC or AFC?

If NFC this teams may need a QB

Eagles, Cardinals, Cowboys.

AFC

Chiefs, Jacksonville, Browns, Oakland, New York Jets, 49s.

So where would he go? and what would the cost be?
101stSaintsFan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this organization pisses me off to no end. I've tried being optimistic. I've tried being a homer. I've even tried keeping my mouth shut in hopes that I don't end up putting my foot in it. I've reached my limit.

Sean Payton, whether he stays or goes, means nothing. Our defense is so damn bad that it really doesn't matter if he stays or goes. We can't possibly HOPE to win with this defense. Hell, how we won a superbowl with the defense that we basically still have is nothing short of a miracle.

I'm TIRED of the Saints being the blueprint for how to win; teams catch on, and eventually do it better. Look at Atlanta. Look how they really don't develop young talent even...But year in and year out they are up there. See how in the off season they hit home runs both in the draft and in free agency? Sean weatherspoon, Matt Ryan, Tony Gonzalez, Asante Samuel, Julio Jones...etc. Hell, look at what Tampa did this off season!

We are in cap hell with a crap team. Honestly, besides Jabari Greer, Lofton and Hicks, I'd cut the WHOLE DAMN DEFENSE. Just absolute garbage. Other than the salary cap situation we are in, there's a big reason why we can't get good players to come to NOLA. New Orleans is a FAILURE of a business city and the NFL is big business. We CANNOT and WILL NOT attract a huge star playmaker in their prime to our city. Sad thing is that the franchise knows this. So what should we do? simple. Build our talent and depth from the draft. So tell me why exactly we traded a 1st and second round pick for Mark Ingram when we had PT, Chris Ivory and then went after Sproles? Way to go, front office. We do so well with heisman Trophy winners...It's not like our defense needed help. IF you were willing to trade a first and second for Ingram, you should have traded a 1st and second to move UP in the first round. I mean Von Miller, Patrick Peterson, Aldon Smith and JJ Watt were there.

Payton, get paid, or look elsewhere. I ain't mad at ya. Front office, I think you need to take an IQ test as I think most of you guys might be suprised to find out you may be what some people call "mentally retarded".
Tom Benson, please don't become the next Al Davis. We have huge holes that need to be plugged. We have an amazing QB. You also have the greatest fan base in the NFL. Do Something...And hit a homerun.

Major props to a fine American, Uncle Buck.

The CHAMPS are going back to form! WHODAT!
Raves

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both Atlanta and Tampa Bay have a ridiculous amount of players that are homegrown.

Sean Weatherspoon, Matt Ryan, Julio Jones, etc for Atlanta
Josh Freeman, Doug Martin, Aquib Talib, etc for Tampa Bay

We can try to get big free agent signings, we've had a few, we have also had a lot of luck with home grown talent, Evans, Nicks, PT, Ivory, Henderson, Colston, Graham, Hicks, etc.

Are we struggling this year on defense? You betcha, is this going to be the norm? Not a chance. I think this whole offseason was just too much for us and we have to realize this team is going to be bad with Payton gone. I expect next year to be much better.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
101stSaintsFan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
Both Atlanta and Tampa Bay have a ridiculous amount of players that are homegrown.

We can try to get big free agent signings, we've had a few, we have also had a lot of luck with home grown talent, Evans, Nicks, PT, Ivory, Henderson, Colston, Graham, Hicks, etc.

Are we struggling this year on defense? You betcha, is this going to be the norm? Not a chance. I think this whole offseason was just too much for us and we have to realize this team is going to be bad with Payton gone. I expect next year to be much better.

I'm sorry, T-Raves, I can't. This defense has just gotten worse. And if anything was to change for the better, it SHOULD have been the defense. they were supposed to play with a fire lit under them field marshal-led by Spags. you know what I see? A defense that can't cover, can't stop the run, can't get pressure on the QB and couldn't hope to get a turnover. I also see an offense that looks like they are TIRED of carrying the team. I think we should be better next year, but NOT by much. MAYBE 2 games.

Raves

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

101stSaintsFan wrote:
Raves wrote:

I'm sorry, T-Raves, I can't. This defense has just gotten worse. And if anything was to change for the better, it SHOULD have been the defense. they were supposed to play with a fire lit under them field marshal-led by Spags. you know what I see? A defense that can't cover, can't stop the run, can't get pressure on the QB and couldn't hope to get a turnover. I also see an offense that looks like they are TIRED of carrying the team. I think we should be better next year, but NOT by much. MAYBE 2 games.

We are going to be much better. With Payton running the offense we strike quickly and often, which lets the defense play with more swag. I do think that Spags either overestimated the talent he had or didn't realize how badly some of them will off of and how quickly. The fact that some of our defensive leaders have been in limbo most of the offseason causing them not to focus on football and the season has got to play into it as well.

Now I'm not saying that our defense as is will make a huge jump, but they will at least make an improvement and I think there will be major overhaul as well, which I think our "cap hell" isn't nearly as bad as it's made out to be. You have to remember we will be shedding the contracts of Ellis, I doubt he comes back and if he does it won't be for nearly as much as he's making now, Will Smith and his $10 million dollars he's due to get next year will be off the books, Jonathan Vilma will likely be gone, I definitely think we might move on from Roman Harper and basically swap his contract for a player that fits the system better. I'll do what I think could be a good offseason for us and one that could actually work out if the front office pursues it and post it in a few.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
101stSaintsFan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
101stSaintsFan wrote:
Raves wrote:

We are going to be much better. With Payton running the offense we strike quickly and often, which lets the defense play with more swag. I do think that Spags either overestimated the talent he had or didn't realize how badly some of them will off of and how quickly. The fact that some of our defensive leaders have been in limbo most of the offseason causing them not to focus on football and the season has got to play into it as well.

Now I'm not saying that our defense as is will make a huge jump, but they will at least make an improvement and I think there will be major overhaul as well, which I think our "cap hell" isn't nearly as bad as it's made out to be. You have to remember we will be shedding the contracts of Ellis, I doubt he comes back and if he does it won't be for nearly as much as he's making now, Will Smith and his $10 million dollars he's due to get next year will be off the books, Jonathan Vilma will likely be gone, I definitely think we might move on from Roman Harper and basically swap his contract for a player that fits the system better. I'll do what I think could be a good offseason for us and one that could actually work out if the front office pursues it and post it in a few.

I agree with most of your points, but other than the Katrina year, we have whiffed on most free agency acquisitions and just plain old FLOPPED in the first round. We HAVE made some good, solid pickups LATE in the draft with exception to Graham. But We need a mind blowing first round ZOMG defensive play maker... and I don't think our front office and scouts have it in them to deliver. We need a 3-4 defense. That's not going to happen. We need to grab a Julius Peppers or a Patrick Willis. Wishful thinking. We need to draft a future HOF'er. I'm still dreaming. It's make it or break it. We can't afford to wait another year for the lack of talent that we have on D to develop or come around. They won't. Let's move on.

Raves

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

101stSaintsFan wrote:
Raves wrote:
101stSaintsFan wrote:
Raves wrote:

I agree with most of your points, but other than the Katrina year, we have whiffed on most free agency acquisitions and just plain old FLOPPED in the first round. We HAVE made some good, solid pickups LATE in the draft with exception to Graham. But We need a mind blowing first round ZOMG defensive play maker... and I don't think our front office and scouts have it in them to deliver. We need a 3-4 defense. That's not going to happen. We need to grab a Julius Peppers or a Patrick Willis. Wishful thinking. We need to draft a future HOF'er. I'm still dreaming. It's make it or break it. We can't afford to wait another year for the lack of talent that we have on D to develop or come around. They won't. Let's move on.

Well do you know how hard it is to project people? Aaron Curry was supposed to be a sure thing, something like 2 years after being the #4 pick he was traded for a 7th rounder.

Sedrick Ellis showed a lot of promise to begin his career, not sure what happened since then, he's just gone downhill. It seems like a lot of our early picks have showed flashes we just haven't been able to bring it all out of them.

Players I think that under Spags will continue to improve and develop:
Cam Jordan - Not a pure pass rusher, never was, but he's doing well this year and could improve, a transition to the 3-4 would def be ideal for him, but he does a great job helping the run.

Akiem Hicks - Do we need to say more? Only reason this guy wasn't a 1st round pick was because he wasn't able to go to LSU.

Martez Wilson - Every time he's in since making the move to DE he's made plays. Another guy that in a 3-4 would do well, but even as a 4-3 DE he will do continue to be a great rotation guy and will be fighting for a starting spot.

Junior Gallette - Much like Wilson he's looked great this year and is always around the ball making a play. If we don't bring in another DE via FA then I expect Gallette and Wilson to battle it out for the starting RDE position.

Malcolm Jenkins - I really feel this scheme fits him well and Spags seems to love his skillset, I do feel that the rest of the personnel makes it harder on Jenkins, he's not Ed Reed, but he's a guy that will be able to be a leader and with more time with Spags should be much better.

Patrick Robinson - Since the first game of last year he's done nothing but improve, I think the lack of pressure by the DL is most of the problem with our secondary this year honestly.

Guys I expect to stay with the team and be productive:
Curtis Lofton
Broderick Bunkley
Jabari Greer
David Hawthorne
Will Herring

Guys that should be cut/traded/not brought back:
Roman Harper - Don't think he fits, could get a 2nd from a team like Cincinnati or Detroit
Jonathan Vilma
Will Smith
Scott Shanle
Sedrick Ellis

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
Harper41

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting a 2nd for Roman Harper is wishful thinking, we'd be lucky to get a 5th for him.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Getting a 2nd for Roman Harper is wishful thinking, we'd be lucky to get a 5th for him.

Gotta agree with Harp on this one... think the best we could hope for would be a 4th from St. Louis if Williams is allowed back there.

But should we even trade him in the first place?

Quote:
Show me a front four that can pressure and I'll show you a secondary that can cover
Sterling Sharpe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: