Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Biggest Holes To Fill In The Offseason?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
24isthelaw


Joined: 15 Nov 2010
Posts: 7559
Location: Where the Patriots are
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonyto3690 wrote:

If Vollmer is resigned


That's an extremely big 'if', considering Vollmer 1) is one of the top players across the entire league at his position and 2) has a history of back problems.
_________________

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
tonyto3690


Joined: 29 Jan 2010
Posts: 5506
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
tonyto3690 wrote:

If Vollmer is resigned


That's an extremely big 'if', considering Vollmer 1) is one of the top players across the entire league at his position and 2) has a history of back problems.



Vollmer is a must sign guy. The Patriots have a franchise tag.

I don't think it's really that hard to believe he will be a Patriot next year.
_________________
C0LTSFAN4L1F3 wrote:

Drew Brees IS the most accurate qb ever

Brees that night:
28/50, 341 yards, 0 TD, 5 INT.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 22304
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonyto3690 wrote:
24isthelaw wrote:
tonyto3690 wrote:

If Vollmer is resigned


That's an extremely big 'if', considering Vollmer 1) is one of the top players across the entire league at his position and 2) has a history of back problems.



Vollmer is a must sign guy. The Patriots have a franchise tag.

I don't think it's really that hard to believe he will be a Patriot next year.


Are you assuming they will sign Welker after the season but before free agency starts? Between the two, Welker is (IMO) much more of a "must keep" and he's a much more worthy use of the franchise tag. Paying $8-9M for a RT - even an excellent one - is a huge waste of resources.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
goldfishwars


Joined: 27 Mar 2011
Posts: 8130
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
tonyto3690 wrote:
24isthelaw wrote:
tonyto3690 wrote:

If Vollmer is resigned


That's an extremely big 'if', considering Vollmer 1) is one of the top players across the entire league at his position and 2) has a history of back problems.



Vollmer is a must sign guy. The Patriots have a franchise tag.

I don't think it's really that hard to believe he will be a Patriot next year.


Are you assuming they will sign Welker after the season but before free agency starts? Between the two, Welker is (IMO) much more of a "must keep" and he's a much more worthy use of the franchise tag. Paying $8-9M for a RT - even an excellent one - is a huge waste of resources.


There are some Tackle needy teams in the NFL - I guess the market will decide what happens with this one and I think there'll be a few buyers out there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
patsfan25


Joined: 07 Dec 2008
Posts: 4640
Location: CenCal
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone's gonna scoop up Vollmer and use him as a LT, where he can also become elite. I have no doubt about it. Good riddance....
_________________
Adopt-A-Patriot '13: Julian "Rocket" Edelman | 11 | All
Rec:105 Yards:1056
PR:35 Avg:10.6
Touchdowns:6
Launches:6

OFFENSIVE MVP
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Richter


Joined: 11 Feb 2010
Posts: 11752
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patsfan25 wrote:
Someone's gonna scoop up Vollmer and use him as a LT, where he can also become elite. I have no doubt about it. Good riddance....

Good riddance to Vollmer? Yeah, because I hate having the best right tackle in the league on my team...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TomRalph


Joined: 03 Apr 2009
Posts: 7672
Location: Revis Island
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patsfan25 wrote:
Someone's gonna scoop up Vollmer and use him as a LT, where he can also become elite. I have no doubt about it. Good riddance....


Is my sarcasm detector broken??

Vollmer is a beast, why would we not want two tremendously gifted Tackles protecting our GOAT QB??
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
patsfan25


Joined: 07 Dec 2008
Posts: 4640
Location: CenCal
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
patsfan25 wrote:
Someone's gonna scoop up Vollmer and use him as a LT, where he can also become elite. I have no doubt about it. Good riddance....

Good riddance to Vollmer? Yeah, because I hate having the best right tackle in the league on my team...


My point was, some team is gonna throw it all in for him. Of course, if we even let him get to free agency. I really hope we don't.
_________________
Adopt-A-Patriot '13: Julian "Rocket" Edelman | 11 | All
Rec:105 Yards:1056
PR:35 Avg:10.6
Touchdowns:6
Launches:6

OFFENSIVE MVP
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
nextsuperstar


Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Posts: 1702
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have thoughts on Kenny Vaccaro from Texas?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 22304
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nextsuperstar wrote:
Does anyone have thoughts on Kenny Vaccaro from Texas?


Good instincts. Not sure he'll ever be a top safety, but he could be a steady/reliable guy for a number of years. Given the total lack of talent at safety in the NFL, some team will take him a round higher than he should probably go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group