Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Shanahan gives up on 2012 season
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 39705
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Shanahan gives up on 2012 season Reply with quote

Quote:
#Redskins HC Mike Shanahan throwing the towel on 2012 season. Said that the rest of the 2012 season would become an evaluation for next year


http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/265221200152772608

He's on his 3rd year, they shouldn't still be in re-building mode no matter the circumstances.
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MKnight82


Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 6764
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Shanahan gives up on 2012 season Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:
#Redskins HC Mike Shanahan throwing the towel on 2012 season. Said that the rest of the 2012 season would become an evaluation for next year


http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/265221200152772608

He's on his 3rd year, they shouldn't still be in re-building mode no matter the circumstances.
They have a rookie QB...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
21 ALL THE WAY


Joined: 18 Dec 2008
Posts: 3297
Location: WASHINGTON DC
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Shanahan gives up on 2012 season Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:
#Redskins HC Mike Shanahan throwing the towel on 2012 season. Said that the rest of the 2012 season would become an evaluation for next year


http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/265221200152772608

He's on his 3rd year, they shouldn't still be in re-building mode no matter the circumstances.
They have a rookie QB...


Falcon's, Steeler's, and Raven's all went to the Playoffs or better with a Rookie QB plus Indy is already 3 games better than the were all last season with a rookie QB so stop using this BS excuse!!!!!!!!!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MKnight82


Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 6764
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Shanahan gives up on 2012 season Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:
#Redskins HC Mike Shanahan throwing the towel on 2012 season. Said that the rest of the 2012 season would become an evaluation for next year


http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/265221200152772608

He's on his 3rd year, they shouldn't still be in re-building mode no matter the circumstances.
They have a rookie QB...


Falcon's, Steeler's, and Raven's all went to the Playoffs or better with a Rookie QB plus Indy is already 3 games better than the were all last season with a rookie QB so stop using this BS excuse!!!!!!!!!
Those are the exceptions not the rule.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Almm24


Joined: 23 Aug 2010
Posts: 1143
Location: Northern VA
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDK the whole story but that statement seems like it was taken out of context...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
21 ALL THE WAY


Joined: 18 Dec 2008
Posts: 3297
Location: WASHINGTON DC
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Shanahan gives up on 2012 season Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:
#Redskins HC Mike Shanahan throwing the towel on 2012 season. Said that the rest of the 2012 season would become an evaluation for next year


http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/265221200152772608

He's on his 3rd year, they shouldn't still be in re-building mode no matter the circumstances.
They have a rookie QB...


Falcon's, Steeler's, and Raven's all went to the Playoffs or better with a Rookie QB plus Indy is already 3 games better than the were all last season with a rookie QB so stop using this BS excuse!!!!!!!!!
Those are the exceptions not the rule.


I'm going to stop replying to you because you clearly work for the Mike or the Redskin's organization somehow someway with all these damn excuse or as you say exceptions.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62626
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm disappointed that someone would say that, just because Mike said he wanted to evaluate players for next year. He's always evaluating players for next year at this point of year. He should be, you have to know who wants it! Who wants to be here next year?

He always challenged the entire team that its put up or shut up time. It doesn't mean he's throwing in the towel though because we will be evaluating players.

Falcons, Ravens and Steelers all had better teams. They had been built for years and had solid players and foundation in place when they drafted their rookie qbs. We had to totally rebuild the organization and get new players because of the Vinny Cerrato failed experiment. In 2010 we had an uncapped year with little unrestricted free agents to pick from. 2011 we had a lockout where our new players weren't on our team but a month before the season and we had a lot of change over in 2011. 2012 we had the cap penalty, a few bad draft picks and didn't use the $ we had wisely in FA.

I understand why we probably won't go to the playoffs this year. I think any rational person would have thought we weren't likely to make it before the season and can understand why that prediction is probably going to be true.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Days until:@ Buccaneers - 1; Final Cuts 3; @ Texans 10
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62626
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almm24 wrote:
IDK the whole story but that statement seems like it was taken out of context...
tttotally dude! Cool
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Days until:@ Buccaneers - 1; Final Cuts 3; @ Texans 10
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82


Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 6764
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Shanahan gives up on 2012 season Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:
#Redskins HC Mike Shanahan throwing the towel on 2012 season. Said that the rest of the 2012 season would become an evaluation for next year


http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/265221200152772608

He's on his 3rd year, they shouldn't still be in re-building mode no matter the circumstances.
They have a rookie QB...


Falcon's, Steeler's, and Raven's all went to the Playoffs or better with a Rookie QB plus Indy is already 3 games better than the were all last season with a rookie QB so stop using this BS excuse!!!!!!!!!
Those are the exceptions not the rule.


I'm going to stop replying to you because you clearly work for the Mike or the Redskin's organization somehow someway with all these damn excuse or as you say exceptions.
I wish. I'd love that salary. I just don't have the sky is falling the world is over attitude that you do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jeezy Fanatic


Joined: 29 Mar 2007
Posts: 23043
Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because we're terrible and aren't going to make the playoffs. It is an evaluation year now, guys better play hard or they won't be on the team going forward.
_________________


Where you go we'll follow! Let's go USMNT!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
MikeT14


Joined: 02 Jan 2006
Posts: 5489
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RGIII is better than Rex or McNabb... so no, the rookie QB thing doesn't fly. The team should be better. We've lost DESPITE RG3's heroics a lot of the time. Don't put this on "rookie QB"
_________________

- mike23md on the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
21 ALL THE WAY


Joined: 18 Dec 2008
Posts: 3297
Location: WASHINGTON DC
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:
RGIII is better than Rex or McNabb... so no, the rookie QB thing doesn't fly. The team should be better. We've lost DESPITE RG3's heroics a lot of the time. Don't put this on "rookie QB"


Thank you, finally someone else see's this the same as I do.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rrrrrrrams


Joined: 01 Oct 2011
Posts: 1202
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike is right. you need to tank the season to get a good second rounder.
good plan.
_________________
i hate the 49ers. i do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MKnight82


Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 6764
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:
RGIII is better than Rex or McNabb... so no, the rookie QB thing doesn't fly. The team should be better. We've lost DESPITE RG3's heroics a lot of the time. Don't put this on "rookie QB"


Thank you, finally someone else see's this the same as I do.
I'm not trying to say we are losing because of having a rookie QB, my point is that going into a season with a rookie QB the expectations should have been that this was a continuation of the rebuilding process.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lavar703


Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Posts: 5482
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:
RGIII is better than Rex or McNabb... so no, the rookie QB thing doesn't fly. The team should be better. We've lost DESPITE RG3's heroics a lot of the time. Don't put this on "rookie QB"


Thank you, finally someone else see's this the same as I do.
I'm not trying to say we are losing because of having a rookie QB, my point is that going into a season with a rookie QB the expectations should have been that this was a continuation of the rebuilding process.


However expectations can change especially when the team plays its heart out all season only to fall flat the last two weeks. It's almost like the Giants loss completely deflated this team.
_________________
RIP Sean Taylor "Forever a Redskin"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group