Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

V.2 Finley thinks Finley is a Playmaker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How do You feel about Finley
Approve
48%
 48%  [ 17 ]
Disapprove
51%
 51%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 35

MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandybaby716 wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Ok, this doesn't really have anything to do with Finley other than if Finley said it, the angry Packer mob would be out to kill him.

http://www.packersnews.com/article/20121103/PKR0101/121103001?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

On missing the 32 yarder last week Mason "I donít know if the wind caught it a little bit and took it to the right" You have got to be freaking kidding me. Maybe the wind pushes the ball so that it magically falls from Finley's hands. Worst % kicker in the NFL, bring back Billy Cundiff time?

You're reaching, dude. Reaching hard. I promise that if Finley said that he thought the wind had caught Mason's kick and pulled it, no one would jump all over him. Can we just stop the whole "everyone is out to get Finley for everything he says" bullcrap? It's a coward's argument. If you can't find any real means to defend him by, don't fall back to the "old classics".

As for Mason himself, this was his first missed field goal under 50 yards. Many considered among the league's best kickers have missed more from under 50. The 50+ yarders are kind of a crapshoot. They'll start dropping in soon.
How about you read my post? If Finley said the wind blew the ball so it fell out of his hands people would kill him for saying that. Why would Finley talk about Crosby? No excuses for Crosby, we haven't asked him to do the impossible, they have been under 60 yards, and a couple of the kicks have been straight pathetic.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
spilltray

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with these original comments about the Jaguars and then the latter one about "let's just throw it all the time" is that an NFL player really shouldn't be thinking that way. ANY team can beat you and the attitude that they should automatically dominate them is exactly why "trap games" happen. Thinking that just throwing every single play is even a realistic option... I don't even see how he can EVER reach his potential if he is literally that dense.

I really don't have a problem with what he said per se, but it shows part of the problem with not really understanding NFL offensive concepts or the overall reality of talent parity in the league. He can say whatever he wants but WHAT he says kinda leaves me questioning if he is ever really capable of "getting it". I'm sure those closer know more, but it's just the kind of stuff that as an outsider trips some serious bells.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MathMan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really question Finley's potential as an offensive coordinator after those comments.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
Sandybaby716 wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Ok, this doesn't really have anything to do with Finley other than if Finley said it, the angry Packer mob would be out to kill him.

http://www.packersnews.com/article/20121103/PKR0101/121103001?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

On missing the 32 yarder last week Mason "I donít know if the wind caught it a little bit and took it to the right" You have got to be freaking kidding me. Maybe the wind pushes the ball so that it magically falls from Finley's hands. Worst % kicker in the NFL, bring back Billy Cundiff time?

You're reaching, dude. Reaching hard. I promise that if Finley said that he thought the wind had caught Mason's kick and pulled it, no one would jump all over him. Can we just stop the whole "everyone is out to get Finley for everything he says" bullcrap? It's a coward's argument. If you can't find any real means to defend him by, don't fall back to the "old classics".

As for Mason himself, this was his first missed field goal under 50 yards. Many considered among the league's best kickers have missed more from under 50. The 50+ yarders are kind of a crapshoot. They'll start dropping in soon.
How about you read my post? If Finley said the wind blew the ball so it fell out of his hands people would kill him for saying that. Why would Finley talk about Crosby? No excuses for Crosby, we haven't asked him to do the impossible, they have been under 60 yards, and a couple of the kicks have been straight pathetic.

You went into a thread about Finley to intentionally troll those who no longer believe in him on an admittedly unrelated post.

Wind can be a factor for kicks too. And Crosby's 69% isn't far and away the worst. Everyone's favorite kicker, Akers, is at 72%. He's missed a higher percentage from under 50 yards, too.

MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandybaby716 wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Sandybaby716 wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

You went into a thread about Finley to intentionally troll those who no longer believe in him on an admittedly unrelated post.

Wind can be a factor for kicks too. And Crosby's 69% isn't far and away the worst. Everyone's favorite kicker, Akers, is at 72%. He's missed a higher percentage from under 50 yards, too.
I was pointing out a fact. If Finley said that same thing, that weather conditions caused him to drop passes people would be out for his head. Crosby gets a pass, there is no way in hell the wind drove a 32 yard kick right. It should never be close to missing that kick. He has been slicing the ball right a lot this year where it tails to the right. Akers gas nothing to do with it. It's like me saying Finley has as many TD's as Calvin Johnson, it's irrelevant.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

Average at best
GoPackGo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
Sandybaby716 wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Sandybaby716 wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

I was pointing out a fact. If Finley said that same thing, that weather conditions caused him to drop passes people would be out for his head. Crosby gets a pass, there is no way in hell the wind drove a 32 yard kick right. It should never be close to missing that kick. He has been slicing the ball right a lot this year where it tails to the right. Akers gas nothing to do with it. It's like me saying Finley has as many TD's as Calvin Johnson, it's irrelevant.

I think the wind kicking a FG and catching a pass are two very different things. You're the one making irrelevant comparisons. Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Sandybaby716 wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Sandybaby716 wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

I think the wind kicking a FG and catching a pass are two very different things. You're the one making irrelevant comparisons. Laughing
It's a 32 yard FG unless its 80+mph winds that is irrelevant. Its such a short distance that a 3 mph wind can't push it. He missed the FG and made a ridiculous claim about the wind.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

Average at best
BobSacamano

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know he could say even dumber things.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-finley-resurfaces-with-big-day-at-detroit-067m968-180218511.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

KingTarvaris7 wrote:
last year's vikings were far better than the packers team that just won
ajdodge09

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobSacamano wrote:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-finley-resurfaces-with-big-day-at-detroit-067m968-180218511.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I would not be disappointed in the least if he isn't on the team next year.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobSacamano wrote:

Why is it so hard for Finley to lie?? Even if it is the biggest lie in your life, you lie and say "Man me and 12 had it goin on Sunday! It was a great team win and I was really glad to help out on a couple big plays, hopefully he is confident in me and keeps feeding me the ball." Why is that so damn hard? Laughing

I do want somebody in the media to grill Mason Crosby this week though. I wonder if he will break out the "I am not sure what is going on, maybe opened a door and there was a gust of wind because I hit it right, it felt good." Missing 3 kicks in doors is worse than dropping even 40% of the passes that hit you in the hands.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

Average at best
TheGreatZepp

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You actually am somewhat involved in the game and you respond with this?
Quote:
"I think (Randall) Cobb's taken my position from '09. I want to line up where Cobb's lining up because I know the ball's coming there."

Has he ever self-reflected in his life? I just can't take listening to him at all.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's not throwing to him like he used to because Finley has proven to be inconsistent and unreliable.

Quote:
"What's frustrating is he trusted me. He threw the ball to me," Finley said of Rodgers. "I dropped balls in '09 and '10, but I came back. I made up for all that and nobody talked.

You don't get to keep digging yourself out of holes like that. What about '11? Didn't exactly "come back" there. The whole problem is HIS fault and he talks like it's all Rodgers' fault. Finley is down on the pecking order because he KEEPS putting HIMSELF there. The guys getting the targets are the guys that are coming through with it when they get a chance.

It's like a much more minor version of the Titus Young situation. The player's job is to keep the team happy. Not the other way around.

Personally, I think the only way you can even TRY to keep Jennings is if you ditch Finley and free up that money. Even if you end up not being able to lock Jennings down, no way in hell is Finley worth that cap number next year.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Scuba St3ve

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

everyone hates finley because he is different than everyone else, hes honest and definitely not politically correct.

its pretty much fact to say Finley>Driver over the last two years. yet i am going to get attacked because everyone loves driver. driver is nice and politically correct and so people like him even though his performance is way down.

driver playing bad is still>>>than finley playing average in packer fans eyes just because of the different character of the two

Last edited by Scuba St3ve on Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Title Town USA

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't stand listening to this clown anymore.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scuba St3ve wrote:
everyone hates finley because he is different than everyone else, hes honest and definitely not politically correct.

its pretty much fact to say Finley>Driver over the last two years. yet i am going to get attacked because everyone loves driver. driver is nice and politically correct and so people like him even though his performance is way down.

driver playing bad is still>>>than finley playing average in packer fans eyes just because of the different character of the two
I think the difference is that Driver has fallen from the top of the pecking order and people have replaced him with great production. Finley, even though he has his faults is our best TE and we are stuck with him. Also there was a physical decline on the part of Driver, Finley has loads of talent and could play every game like last game but he doesn't.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

Average at best

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 6 of 18

Jump to: