Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Elliot878's Lazy Saturday Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elliot878

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Elliot878's Lazy Saturday Mock Reply with quote

Really I'm just bored right now...

Let Walk
-Tracy Porter CB - I like Tracy Porter but with his seizure issues bringing to light the talent that lay behind him, his money can be spent to upgrade other needs. With Porter walking we're still a solid 4 deep at CB with Champ, Harris, Carter, and Bolden.
-Keith Brooking - Got more out of him than expected, just as we did with Bunkley last year. Lightning probably wont strike twice, Elway knows this.
-Chris Gronk - No real use for him.
-Jim Leonhard - I'd rather just hope that Holliday gets over the dropsies.
-Joe Mays - Likely cut or restructured. We're not going to pay him $4m to play special teams.
-Knowshon Moreno - Bowlen's watching $800,000+ burning away in street gear on the sidelines this year. Due a pretty substantial raise next year, there isn't any way Moreno will be back.
-Ty Warren - Contracts up, finally.
-DJ Williams - Cut that last $6m off the payroll.
-Matt Willis - Not offering much these days.

Re-Sign/Tender/Franchise
-Lance Ball - Cheap and solid pass pro, its why he's suiting up on Sundays over Moreno.
-Justin Bannan - He'll stay home and probably for not much money.
-David Bruton - Enough defensive tape on him that everyone in the league knows his only value is special teams. We keep him here to do just that.
-Tony Carter - He's arrived. Looks to be a must re-sign.
-Ryan Clady - Franchised. Looks as if we're going down this road.
-Chris Clark - RFA Tender. Not the worst depth.
-Britton Colquitt - RFA Tender. Obviously keeping him.
-Jason Hunter - Wouldn't surprise me to see him given another one year contract on the cheap.
-Dan Koppen - If he want to play it might be a smart sign, we got him for $825,000 in 2012, doubt he commands much more anywhere else.
-Brandon Stokley - Knows Manning and that offense so well that he'll have some value as long as he keeps himself in shape.
-Kevin Vickerson - Playing well. Should be re-signed, although the same could have been said about Bunkley last year, so time will tell.

Free Agent Signings
-Randy Starks - Very good DT and 28 years old. Just a problem for interior OL to handle vs the run and pass. Provides the pocket collapsing presence we've needed for a long time. It seemed we were interested in signing Soliai out of Miami last year, there should be more interest in Starks.

-Bernard Scott - Nothing flashy here, just depth at running back in case McGahees age begins to show.

-Chase Blackburn - MLB here as Mays and Brooking are gone. Not a world beater, not a slouch.

2013 Draft
Broncos select 26th in the draft
---With CJ Mosley and Kawann Short both off the board Elway elects to move back into the early 2nd round.
-----THE TRADE: Bengals trade from 36 up to 26 to grab a safety. Broncos get 36 (2) and 72 (3)

36. Cordarrelle Patterson - WR - Tennessee
Patterson lines up in a variety of ways. He can also beat db's in a variety of ways. He can go out wide and has speed to win battles deep. He'll go over the middle, and what's really appealing to me is his ability out of the backfield. He is averaging 14 yards per rush this year, and is a weapon on end arounds and screens. Our offense has proven great in the screen game and Patterson could be another weapon in that regard. Basically he can beat defenders in a lot of ways, and thats why he is the pick.

56. Kenny Vaccaro - S - Texas
Our defensive backfield is much improved, but imo we could use one more young piece, and that would be at safety. Vaccaro is a sure tackler with speed to make plays against the run, or in coverage.

72. Shayne Skov - MLB - Stanford
Skov is aggresive against the run and has good instincts. He's a pretty good inside pass rusher as well, which is a theme of this mock draft. He needs work on his man coverage but he provides a much needed long term investment at the MLB position. Hasn't been his old self quite yet so thinking he may fall to the early 3rd.

88. Xavier Nixon - OT - Florida
Inconsistent, but when he's on, he's good. A developmental upside pick here that could pay off and make our line real good.

122. Daniel McCullers - DT - Tennessee
Another upside pick. This guys gigantic, 6'8 370. John Fox isn't afraid of drafting the big guys, as he drafted Kris Jenkins in Carolina who was of similar size. McCullers is a Jr, but playing his first year at Tennessee, after spending two in JUCO. So far he's got 30 tackles and 3 tackles for loss in 5 starts. Right now he's a plug, but has athletic upside to be much more. McCullers USA Today feature

154. Rex Burkhead - RB - Nebraska
Burkheads averaged over 4 yard per carry throughout his career at Nebraska, and is a very capable receiver, averaging around 8 yards per catch. He had a knee issue this year causing him to miss time, so his work load is down. Could be a hidden gem in the 5th round.

Not ready to get into 6/7th round prospects.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Patterson, Skov and Burkhead picks. Skov and Burkhead are both in the mock I am working on. McCullers is interesting.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seriously doubt if Denver parts ways with DJ. Many fans hate him but FO and coaches know he is a real talent and will keep him.
I like your draft but doubt if anyone will give you an extra 3rd in the trade but time will tell.
I doubt if Denver will want Skov with his baggage. His DUI arrest will hurt his draft rating and I doubt if Denver will take him, IMO.
Good job.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
primetime714

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid job. I like Starks a lot if the Broncos spend on DT I would hope its him. Not a fan of Blackburn and I question if he is better than Brooking but if he came cheap he might be a serviceable placeholder till Skov is ready.

Not too crazy about the draft. I don't think the trade is very realistic. Dropping 10 spots won't get you a 3rd round pick, maybe a 4th at best. Also I don't like WR and S with our first two picks. Not the biggest needs if you ask me and while both players are solid neither is real game changer IMO. I like Skov a lot though. I think he has first round talent and would really add a lot of intensity to this defense.
broncos67

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it, Cordarelle might be my favorite player this year. He has Percy harvin like versatility in my eyes. I like vaccaro and skov too. Good draft my friend.

Thanks, Tzimisce
elliot878

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
Love it, Cordarelle might be my favorite player this year. He has Percy harvin like versatility in my eyes. I like vaccaro and skov too. Good draft my friend.

When i looked at video of Cordarrelle i thought the same thing about he and Harvin. I dont think WR is our top need, but Cordarrelle adds a playmaking dimension that is different from the rest of our skill players.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: