Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL Voids Paytons Extension....Free agent after this season
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Louisianapride

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: NFL Voids Paytons Extension....Free agent after this season Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8592214/sean-payton-deal-new-orleans-saints-voided-nfl-sources-say
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: NFL Voids Paytons Extension....Free agent after this sea Reply with quote

For those who will be quick to say this isn't a big deal, remember this...

1. Jerry Jones's pockets are deeper and more desprate than Benson's.
2. Paytons kids live in Dallas with his exwife and Sean just bought a home there.
3. The Saints as a team are getting older on offense while are pittful on defense.
4. Leaving gives him a fresh start away from the bounty cloud.
5. Sean Payton will do whats best for Sean Payton.

When Payton signed this extention sure he was commited to this franchise but like anything else, things has happened in his life that could cause him to reevaluate his situation.

The question will come down to whether or not the Ol Commish will toll Paytons contrract or not but all that would do is extend his current deal 1 more season but if Sean Payton knows he'd have the Cowboys gig and if he wanted out of New Orleans to take it, Tom Benson has shown in the past (Ric Muller) that he values loyatly above all else and if Payton tells Benson he dosent want to be here, for whatever reason... he wont be.

Being closer to his children is an excuse enough for anyone to understand Payton leaving...

Stay tuned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Louisianapride

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: NFL Voids Paytons Extension....Free agent after this sea Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
For those who will be quick to say this isn't a big deal, remember this...

1. Jerry Jones's pockets are deeper and more desprate than Benson's.
2. Paytons kids live in Dallas with his exwife and Sean just bought a home there.
3. The Saints as a team are getting older on offense while are pittful on defense.
4. Leaving gives him a fresh start away from the bounty cloud.
5. Sean Payton will do whats best for Sean Payton.

When Payton signed this extention sure he was commited to this franchise but like anything else, things has happened in his life that could cause him to reevaluate his situation.

The question will come down to whether or not the Ol Commish will toll Paytons contrract or not but all that would do is extend his current deal 1 more season but if Sean Payton knows he'd have the Cowboys gig and if he wanted out of New Orleans to take it, Tom Benson has shown in the past (Ric Muller) that he values loyatly above all else and if Payton tells Benson he dosent want to be here, for whatever reason... he wont be.

Being closer to his children is an excuse enough for anyone to understand Payton leaving...

Stay tuned

my question is why is Benson literally sitting back and watching his franchise getting destroyed. i have a weird feeling like he's trying to sell this team or something. he's getting older and just recently purchased another franchise. i dont know.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: NFL Voids Paytons Extension....Free agent after this sea Reply with quote

I honestly feel Benson's hands are tied by the other 31 owners when it comes to the bounty suspensions but as far as Payton, he was very loyal to Payton and Loomis after all of this fall out so if Payton even inclines that he'd need more money to stay or gives Benson the slightest feeling that he wants out... Benson will give it to him.

Remember... Randy Mueller was a year removed from GM of the year when Benson got wind that he was talking to the Falcons behind his back. He walked into Meullers office and put a contract extention on his desk. When Randy refused to sign, Benson fired him and promoted Loomis.

All Payton has to say is that he misses his kids and would like the oppertunity to be closer to them... Benson will not hold him hostage.

whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: NFL Voids Paytons Extension....Free agent after this sea Reply with quote

Could the reason Benson has not gone out of his way for Payton as far as standing up to the leauge be because Payton has given him indications that he'd like to be elsewhere next season?

Could Payton wanna leave because he feel like Benson could have done more?

Like I said, this story has legs!

jcvoodoo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet another turn to the 2012 New Orleans Saints saga..... #sigh

^NS922 on the sig^
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcvoodoo wrote:

I know I might be reading to much into this but... thinking back to the San Diego game when Payton was allowed to attend the game, did anyone else find it odd that Payton was often viewed sitting all by himself with no one around him?

Could this been festering for some time now...

Louisianapride

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
jcvoodoo wrote:

I know I might be reading to much into this but... thinking back to the San Diego game when Payton was allowed to attend the game, did anyone else find it odd that Payton was often viewed sitting all by himself with no one around him?

not sure he was allowed to be around anyone to be honest
Raves

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
jcvoodoo wrote:

I don't think he was allowed to be with the others was he? Also the relationship between Brees and Payton, would Payton leave Brees after I'm sure Payton was a big reason why Brees stayed in New Orleans?

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
Harper41

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Payton isn't going anywhere. Schefter just tweeted this isn't even official yet, and it all stems from an issue with a clause in his contract. The only place Payton would go is Dallas and they just signed Garret to a 4 year deal and theirs no way Payton would put up with Jerry Jones.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
jcvoodoo wrote:

I don't think he was allowed to be with the others was he? Also the relationship between Brees and Payton, would Payton leave Brees after I'm sure Payton was a big reason why Brees stayed in New Orleans?

Do you really think he'd choose Brees over his kids?

Look, they had a good run and Payton helped Drew to a hall of fame career and a 100 million dollar contract. He brought the City of New orleans a championship. Sure if he left it would be a crappy way to end it but the bottom line is that the Saints are a crappy team with a great quarterback. There in salary cap hell heading into an offseason with major issues.

On the other hand, Dallas has a QB that Payton tried to trade for before he signed brees in Romeo, an owner willing to pay him a huge ransom and do what is needed to win, and a defense loaded with talent.

Jerry Jones recently made a statement that hes getting older and he running out of time. Payton and Jones are close friends and Dallas has a beautiful stadium and the best accomadations in the NFL.

Im not saying hes leaving but can you blame him if he did when you look at the whole picture?

I think the real question is... what does the saints do if payton does go?

Louisianapride

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
On the other hand, Dallas has a QB that Payton tried to trade for before he signed brees in Romeo, an owner willing to pay him a huge ransom and do what is needed to win, and a defense loaded with talent

well this isnt the same Romo tried to trade for, he's regressed considerably.

i just believe Jones is too hands on for Paytons liking. if he does leave i dont believe its for Dallas.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Payton isn't going anywhere. Schefter just tweeted this isn't even official yet, and it all stems from an issue with a clause in his contract. The only place Payton would go is Dallas and they just signed Garret to a 4 year deal and theirs no way Payton would put up with Jerry Jones.

Harp, Im not saying he will leave but your wrong on a few things...

1. Jerry Jones and Sean Payton are actually very close and have a close realtionship.
2. The contract is voided, all the saints can hope for is for Godell to toll the current deal which he likley would but if Payton refuses to sign an extention (which is all he'd have to do if he wanted to leave) Benson would cut him loose... Benson will not hold him hostage, thats not how the man does busniess.
3. The clause was Payton wanted an out in the contract if Loomis was fired or suspended and Garretts contract is not even an issue, if Jones has a chance to land Payton, Garrett is as good as gone!

I want the guy to stay as much as anyone but you gotta look at the whole situation... Like I said before, his kids in Dallas alone is enough to make a man wanna leave.

Harper41

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

Harp, Im not saying he will leave but your wrong on a few things...

1. Jerry Jones and Sean Payton are actually very close and have a close realtionship.
2. The contract is voided, all the saints can hope for is for Godell to toll the current deal which he likley would but if Payton refuses to sign an extention (which is all he'd have to do if he wanted to leave) Benson would cut him loose... Benson will not hold him hostage, thats not how the man does busniess.
3. The clause was Payton wanted an out in the contract if Loomis was fired or suspended and Garretts contract is not even an issue, if Jones has a chance to land Payton, Garrett is as good as gone!

I want the guy to stay as much as anyone but you gotta look at the whole situation... Like I said before, his kids in Dallas alone is enough to make a man wanna leave.

1. Yeah, they're friends but Jerry Jones is always in his HCs business, you actually think Payton would allow that to happen?
2. No it's not. Look up Adam Schefters twitter account.
3. I know what the clause was, the NFL voided it because that clause sets a bad precedent.

You're all overreacting. Sean Payton isn't going anywhere.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louisianapride wrote:
Quote:
On the other hand, Dallas has a QB that Payton tried to trade for before he signed brees in Romeo, an owner willing to pay him a huge ransom and do what is needed to win, and a defense loaded with talent

well this isnt the same Romo tried to trade for, he's regressed considerably.

i just believe Jones is too hands on for Paytons liking. if he does leave i dont believe its for Dallas.

You don't think Sean Payton feels he could change that regression? Payton was the guy who found Romeo for Parcells, Romeo and Payton both played at the same small college and it was Payton who brought Romeo into the Dallas franchise.

Payton and Jerry Jones actually have a real close realtionship.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: