Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jaguars trade WR Mike Thomas to the Lions for 5th round pick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

View previous topic :: View next topic  
detfan782004

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
That makes the mistake of putting all the blame on Gabbert though. It's not his fault if 2011 and 2012 Mike Thomas struggles to get separation or catch the ball compared to 2010 Mike Thomas.

2011 Mike Thomas also had numbers more comparable to 2009 rookie Mike Thomas than 2010 Mike Thomas.

Time will tell. I dont expect to see him much this year honestly.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
DetroitSpirit wrote:
iPwn wrote:
DetroitSpirit wrote:
I never said you did, but you're acting like he's a much better player than Thomas. Which is easy to assume while just looking at stats. Watch a game and you'll see why we're happy with replacing him.
And while you may be happy with replacing him, it doesn't mean that Thomas is better. If you watched him, you'd realize it. There's a reason we signed a player off of the street to replace him.

I'd much rather replace a mediocre special teams player with a mediocre player who can play both offense and special teams. Logan is a waste of a roster space.
"Can play offense" is being very kind to Thomas. Wink

I hope he works out for you. But based on what I've seen of him the last year, it's not likely.

Based on what? Seriously all the stats in the world show he played good WHEN he had a decent QB.

I am not sure anything can be drawn from having Gabbert at QB

All the stats in the world? He had one good year. Out of three and a half, and two of which were with said decent QB.

And you keep trying to bring this back to Gabbert as if it's Gabbert's fault that Thomas can't get separation. It's laughable. And you keep going in circles. "It's Gabbert's fault" and then then it gets pointed out that other players are doing fine, you switch to "he quit. And that's okay, because the team is bad." And then it gets pointed out that he "quit" in a week one OT game before he had any idea that this year's team would be bad. And then you ignore that and go back to it being Gabbert's fault. And then it's back to pointing out that other players have been able to shine with Gabbert. And then just a continuous loop.

And you keep basing this all around one year, as if that one year proves that Gabbert is the problem. If Gabbert was the problem, Cecil Shorts would be incapable of separating from corners too.

A whole lot of receivers have had one good year and then went on to suck again, and Garrard has been with a lot of them. Reggie Williams. Matt Jones. Mike Sims Walker. Mike Thomas. Marcedes Lewis. If you go across the league, there's literally hundreds of them. But I'm supposed to believe that it's Gabbert's fault that Thomas can't separate and isn't playing up to par of his one good year?

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
Based on what? Seriously all the stats in the world show he played good WHEN he had a decent QB.

Huh? You said Garrard wasn't decent earlier in this thread. You contradict yourself so much.

TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Props to JMG on the sig
The Cryptkeeper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet, we got to the landmark 1 page per reception ratio!

Not bad for a guy who was the Jags' 19th string WR. Not bad at all.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a team that has no fans, when one of our guys makes news the threads go for days Laughing

I wish you the best of luck Mike, but i dont see you cracking the top-3 WRs on that team, but he could help the return game maybe

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

Huh? You said Garrard wasn't decent earlier in this thread. You contradict yourself so much.

Actually no i didnt. Might want to go look again.

Comments on Garrard as as follows thank

Quote:
He was when he had decent QB. There is direct connection to lack of QB and his production

Quote:
with one of worst QBs in the league. That is the point. Looking at stats as a basis is pointless. When he had a better QB his stats were decent

Quote:
Stafford is the best QB he will ever have had. Garrard ceiling is Staffords floor in talent

Quote:
Thomas/Garrard>>>>>>>>>>>Thomas/Gabbert

Show me where I said he was not decent. Thats what I thought

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

He wont likely see the field but using stats as evidence is a joke. He has yet to play with a decent QB so the stats do not tell whole story

Garrard wasn't "decent"?

Coincidence his best two years were last two for Garrard? Think not

What's your point? You said he's never had a decent QB....

He hasnt.

Page 8

lol....

TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Props to JMG on the sig
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

He wont likely see the field but using stats as evidence is a joke. He has yet to play with a decent QB so the stats do not tell whole story

Garrard wasn't "decent"?

Coincidence his best two years were last two for Garrard? Think not

What's your point? You said he's never had a decent QB....

He hasnt.

Page 8

lol....

Too many pages ago. Point remains same. Garrard is best QB he has ever had and he had two good years with him. Time shall tell if he does better with a far better QB.

I understand you all want to defend Gabbert. It is cool. Time will tell on him right now. He is better then Sanchez so there is room for growth

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two good years with Garrard? His numbers his first year with Garrard are similar to his numbers last year with Gabbert.

He received his new contract last year on 10/06/11. He had 55+ yards in 3 of his first 4 games. That was 2 with McCown and 2 with Gabbert. He had 53 yards receiving in the Bengals game a few days after receiving that contract. After that, he never had more than 36 yards receiving again. In fact, since then, he has only had one game of 30 yards receiving or more.

I expect him to play better on a new team and with a new quarterback, but do not confuse success with Stafford as an indictment on Gabbert. Mike Thomas has no one to blame but himself. He is the one who gave up last year and he is the one who has struggled this year despite being having been returned to a much more favorable role.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: