Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Let the debate begin: Eli or Big Ben
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
C$!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
Bobikus wrote:
As of now the Chargers still got an equal or better deal in the trade up to this point since Rivers has been the better player for the majority of the span, and they got decent play from the other picks/players for various amounts of time. That the Chargers weren't a good enough team regardless to get that team to the Super Bowl is a separate issue from the value of the trade.

I couldn't possibly disagree more.

1) The Chargers were consistently loaded, and Rivers stunk in the playoffs. They lost in the postseason because, despite Rivers' stat-padding during the regular season, he's a choke artist with the game on the line, he stinks when he doesn't have an offensive line of studs, and he doesn't deal very well when he's not in sunny southern California.

2) Eli has thrown 17 TDs, 8 interceptions in 11 postseason games. Rivers has thrown 8 TDs, 9 interceptions in 7 postseason games

what we're seeing now is how Philip Rivers plays behind an offensive line that is about as bad as Eli or Ben's has been. He's a statue. Great fantasy football player. Choke artist when it comes to crunch time.

Thats very debatable now. lol
No contest, the Giants won the trade. The Chargers completely underperformed when it mattered, they played in a terrible division and always seemed to need a run at the end of the year to get into the PO's.
the only team they had sucess against seemed to be the Colts...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C$! wrote:
kethnaab wrote:
Bobikus wrote:
As of now the Chargers still got an equal or better deal in the trade up to this point since Rivers has been the better player for the majority of the span, and they got decent play from the other picks/players for various amounts of time. That the Chargers weren't a good enough team regardless to get that team to the Super Bowl is a separate issue from the value of the trade.

I couldn't possibly disagree more.

1) The Chargers were consistently loaded, and Rivers stunk in the playoffs. They lost in the postseason because, despite Rivers' stat-padding during the regular season, he's a choke artist with the game on the line, he stinks when he doesn't have an offensive line of studs, and he doesn't deal very well when he's not in sunny southern California.

2) Eli has thrown 17 TDs, 8 interceptions in 11 postseason games. Rivers has thrown 8 TDs, 9 interceptions in 7 postseason games

what we're seeing now is how Philip Rivers plays behind an offensive line that is about as bad as Eli or Ben's has been. He's a statue. Great fantasy football player. Choke artist when it comes to crunch time.

Thats very debatable now. lol
No contest, the Giants won the trade. The Chargers completely underperformed when it mattered, they played in a terrible division and always seemed to need a run at the end of the year to get into the PO's.
the only team they had sucess against seemed to be the Colts...

My friends laughed at me when I picked him 5th in our league. I was that sure he would turn things around and that last season was but a fluke. I'm now 2-4-1 Sad. On the plus side, thanks to Rivers and SD's D, I am up 38-0 on my opponent right now...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: