Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Antonio Brown fined $10,000 by the league for taunting
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Curtain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't he fined enough by looking like a complete idiot after it was called back?
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Curtain wrote:
Wasn't he fined enough by looking like a complete idiot after it was called back?

It wasn't called back for his.penalty. It was called back for the illegal block.

But I doubt even his unsportsmanlike penalty would've been enough to wake him up! Hopefully this fine will.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
MightyJoeYoung

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown said he had no idea that running backwards earned a penalty so this isn't even a deal, let alone a big deal. The fine is seriously stupid, not that I or him will care.

He's never had a penalty for this sort of stuff before (that I can recall) so please shut up making him out to be the devil. He is not Santonio!

EDIT: This in response to JDL saying that 'the penalty wouldn't be enough to wake him up'. Wake him up from what?

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the sig

"The King Stay the King"
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So he didn't know it was a penalty it was still classless. I never once compared him to Holmes.

He needs to quit showboating after every little thing he does. I've said that for a couple years so its not just this incident.

Its unnecessary behavior. Celebrate IN the end zone!!!

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
at23steelers

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
So he didn't know it was a penalty it was still classless. I never once compared him to Holmes.

He needs to quit showboating after every little thing he does. I've said that for a couple years so its not just this incident.

Its unnecessary behavior. Celebrate IN the end zone!!!

I can't disagree with that, but I'd rather a player who has the chance to celebrate every little thing, then a player who doesn't have that chance because they don't make plays. Not saying you wouldn't, but he made an amazing punt return, then I feel like he can do whatever he wants then. I doubt we could've done that without him, so I'd take him and his antics over not making that play at all.
3rivers

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if fines will stop this type of play I am ok with it. There is too much of this showboating in the league, and they should allow good hitting, but remove the showboating. If it gets much worse I doubt I will be able to watch. It is what the player gets paid to do, act like they have done it before and will do it again.

No if the ST unit keeps getting penalties..... maybe bench some of these players like c brown for example. Comparable to a fine in a way.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
if fines will stop this type of play I am ok with it. There is too much of this showboating in the league, and they should allow good hitting, but remove the showboating. If it gets much worse I doubt I will be able to watch. It is what the player gets paid to do, act like they have done it before and will do it again.

No if the ST unit keeps getting penalties..... maybe bench some of these players like c brown for example. Comparable to a fine in a way.

Pretty sure that was his first penalty on ST (Curtis Brown). All Antonio Brown did was jog backwards. What he should have done were jumping jacks backwards before the defender could catch him, now that would've been impressive!! Now, Im not a fan of showboating in someone's face or spiking it right at them, as some players have done, but jogging backwards is harmless.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Shocked Bunch of bull crap! So now the nfl determines which way you have to run into the end zone. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: