Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rest of year Predictions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BleakerZen

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Rest of year Predictions Reply with quote

1) DeAngelo gets some kind of hamstring pull that puts him on the IR. This week would be too obvious, but probably next week. He is cut at end of the year.
2) Panthers finish out 3-6 and go 4-12 for the season.
3) Rivera and the entire coaching staff are fired at the end of the season which saddens me because I like Rivera, but you got to win in the NFL.
4) Gone next year for sure: Williams, Armanti, T. Davis,
5) Likely gone next year: J. Adams, Nakamura, Martin, Fua, Clausen
6) On the bubble: Gettis, Beason, Hardy, Gamble (Obviously if Gamble and Beason come back strong they will be on the team). Don’t expect Hardy to be gone, but it wouldn’t shock me with him or Gettis
7) With one of the top picks in the NFL, Panthers select a QB. Rookie pay scale makes this the obvious move – Finding a top QB on a four year $20 million deal is worth taking a shot every time you get the chance. Obviously, Panthers aren’t going to exercise at $25 million deal for Cam in year 5.
a. Cam has all the physical attributes to play the game at a pro bowl level. Unfortunately, I am starting to think he just doesn’t have enough between the ears to be a consistent winner in the NFL. With two minutes left in the game and you need a drive to win the game, do you want Cam as your QB?
marschmellow

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Rest of year Predictions Reply with quote

BleakerZen wrote:
1) DeAngelo gets some kind of hamstring pull that puts him on the IR. This week would be too obvious, but probably next week. He is cut at end of the year.
2) Panthers finish out 3-6 and go 4-12 for the season.
3) Rivera and the entire coaching staff are fired at the end of the season which saddens me because I like Rivera, but you got to win in the NFL.
4) Gone next year for sure: Williams, Armanti, T. Davis,
5) Likely gone next year: J. Adams, Nakamura, Martin, Fua, Clausen
6) On the bubble: Gettis, Beason, Hardy, Gamble (Obviously if Gamble and Beason come back strong they will be on the team). Don’t expect Hardy to be gone, but it wouldn’t shock me with him or Gettis
7) With one of the top picks in the NFL, Panthers select a QB. Rookie pay scale makes this the obvious move – Finding a top QB on a four year $20 million deal is worth taking a shot every time you get the chance. Obviously, Panthers aren’t going to exercise at $25 million deal for Cam in year 5.
a. Cam has all the physical attributes to play the game at a pro bowl level. Unfortunately, I am starting to think he just doesn’t have enough between the ears to be a consistent winner in the NFL. With two minutes left in the game and you need a drive to win the game, do you want Cam as your QB?

1. I mean sure that could happen. Who can predict injuries, though?

2. Reasonable. I think we could probably do better, which is almost unfortunate because of draft position.

3. Probably

4. Armanti, yeah. Williams, probably. Thomas Davis, what?? He's been playing really well this year and doesn't look at all like someone who just had 3 knee surgeries. If he can finish off this season strong, I don't see why he can't do another.

5. Reasonable.

6. The only one I agree with here is Beason. I think he may be overrated, as he's never led a dominant defense, and as soon as he's gone, Kuechly is doing a better job. But with Smitty maybe retiring soon, I don't know why we'd cut a receiver with as much potential as Gettis. Gamble's still great, and Hardy's been playing lights out this year.

7. Sorry, don't see this happening. We have so many other needs and have a very young QB with a still sky-high ceiling. Give him some time. I think Cam's a very smart player, and we have to be patient with him. He hasn't been playing in the NFL for nearly as long as any of the game's current best QBs.
Zithers

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three and four are the only ones that remotely make sense.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zithers wrote:
Three and four are the only ones that remotely make sense.
except Thomas Davis Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: