Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

An indifferent mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
indifference

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: An indifferent mock Reply with quote

Here's my mid-season mock for Tampa, hope you guys enjoy....

1. Johnthan Banks CB Mississipi State

Free Agent alternatives: Brent Grimes, Derek Cox, Sean Smith, or Chris Houston

2. Tavon Austin WR West Virginia

Free agent alternatives: Devery Henderson, Wes Welker, Jordan Norwood, or Johnny Knox

3. Corey Lemonier DE Auburn

FA alternatives: Michael Johnson, Trevor Scott, Chris Clemons, or Osi Umenyoria

4. Alex Hurst T LSU

FA alts: Andre Smith, Ryan Clady(rejected a 50mill offer this off-season Shocked , or Sebestian Vollmer

5. Blaze Foltz G TCU

FA alts: Deuce Luiti, Kevin Boothe, or Rex Hadnot

6. Kenny Tate OLB Maryland

FA alts: Thomas Howard, Justin Durant, Phillip Wheeler, or Daryl Smith

7. James Wilson G Florida
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad. Solid mock. I don't think there are any alternatives for cb though. I say we sign a cb in FA and then still draft 1 in te first 2 rounds.
indifference

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Not bad. Solid mock. I don't think there are any alternatives for cb though. I say we sign a cb in FA and then still draft 1 in te first 2 rounds.
Yeah I wouldn't mind that. Get another vet in there and have a young one to groom. I think Tavon Austin would be a great pick if were in position to get him he's an upgrade at #3. And he can actually play KR, PR, and still produce as the #3.
LazyBoyFil

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really like this draft

if we could get Derrick Cox that would be awesome

WELKER in FA Shocked

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

my dream lol
Welker is my fav player so id love that lol

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm failing all these drafts that don't get us a TE in the first 2 rounds Cool

but really I like the CB first round, and Tavon Austin is amazing but I'm scared of how he'll be able to translate to the NFL... he could become like a Percey Harvin or like a Sinorice Moss...
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:

but really I like the CB first round, and Tavon Austin is amazing but I'm scared of how he'll be able to translate to the NFL... he could become like a Percey Harvin or like a Sinorice Moss...

That's because our offense doesn't revolve around a TE. Plus, there really isn't one that's really worth the reach that high. You're better off at getting a solid prospect in the mid rounds.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:

That's because our offense doesn't revolve around a TE. Plus, there really isn't one that's really worth the reach that high. You're better off at getting a solid prospect in the mid rounds.

Why does it have to revolve around a TE to draft one in the first 2 rounds? Rolling Eyes
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:

Why does it have to revolve around a TE to draft one in the first 2 rounds? Rolling Eyes

If you haven't been aware by now, the Giants offense scheme, which is pretty much what our offense is with what Sullivan brought, doesn't need an athletic TE. They won a Super Bowl with Jake Ballard as there TE. 5 years ago, it was Kevin Boss. Packers won without Jeramicheal Finely.

We can add someone in the 3rd to 5th round range. Getting one in the first 2 rounds just to get one doesn't make since, especially since it's not a very strong position in 2013 draft class.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:

If you haven't been aware by now, the Giants offense scheme, which is pretty much what our offense is with what Sullivan brought, doesn't need an athletic TE. They won a Super Bowl with Jake Ballard as there TE. 5 years ago, it was Kevin Boss. Packers won without Jeramicheal Finely.

We can add someone in the 3rd to 5th round range. Getting one in the first 2 rounds just to get one doesn't make since, especially since it's not a very strong position in 2013 draft class.

Well I'll leave that to the real scouts to determine if it is a strong class for the TEs or not... And we don't NEED any one position to be successful... I believe a good TE will do a lot for the offense, you don't, simple as that

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: