Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who is your favorite current Dolphin?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:
It might be Joe Philbin for me. He's taken the rag tag bunch that looked pretty awful the last few years and has them believing in themelves. Lots of people are crediting Ireland for decision making, but Philbin has taken virtually the same exact group of players (other than Tannehill) and made them look like they are winners. His game planning skills also seem to be missing from Greenbay, and they don't look quite the same without him. Its really early for this, but Philbin should be in the talks for coach of the year if he can keep this team looking good.
So are you saying that all those ireland picks were good picks from the get go? just needed a good coach to begin with? Congrats to ireland on picking those players and congrats on finding a coach to lead them Laughing

LOL. I absolutely love how so many people praise Ireland when the picks are good and pass the buck to Parcells when they sucked. Its remarkably consistent in here on that note.

For me, its pretty clear that the coaching staff made virtually every player a bit better. By in large we have the same exact group that everyone said sucked last year. That points clearly to improved coaching. Beyond that, Ireland has been, at best, mediocre, IMHO. I've said all along he deserves blame for the entire Parcells era. Ireland was the GM, afterall. If he has 6 months of growth this year, and I believe he does, I have no problem giving him credit for that, but with that, comes the fact that we sucked for quite along time with him at the helm.
I was just having some fun,although i defend him alot and happy to see some light at the end of tunnel he is not out of the woods yet. I believe next off season and draft is the most important one in this franchise in years. Bact to the subject glad to see pouncey get some love
SUG

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
It might be Joe Philbin for me. He's taken the rag tag bunch that looked pretty awful the last few years and has them believing in themelves. Lots of people are crediting Ireland for decision making, but Philbin has taken virtually the same exact group of players (other than Tannehill) and made them look like they are winners. His game planning skills also seem to be missing from Greenbay, and they don't look quite the same without him. Its really early for this, but Philbin should be in the talks for coach of the year if he can keep this team looking good.

You know what, I don't know that the title of the thread being "Favorite Dolphin" qualifies coaches but ...
to me Philbin is the off seasons "Best Acquisition" BAR NONE !

Excellent point Merc, most of what I see on the field & in the locker room I can equate to Philbin.

I mean the Deff was already good when he got here and then again that wasn't the root of what ailed us.

All I heard from talk radio was what "plane wreck" Miami was going to be & now look. Confused Smile

sug
carlos2104

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have to say Wake or Tannehill. I was really high on Vonte...but what can you do.
DolphWins

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure I have a favorite player really. Richie would be high on my list after his blow kiss to the Jets. I want to love all my players and hope they all excel.

Adopt a Dolphwin - Lamar Miller
150 Rush - 729 Yards - 54.9 Avg - 9 TD [] 27 Rec - 171 Yards - 1 TD
bpastermack

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davone Bess

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sean Smith

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 14, Tackles 17 Assists 6 Sacks 1 Forced Fumbles 1
Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 14 : Death 45 Joe 37
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Favorite is hard....

Wake because of where he has come from.

Vernon because he is showing strides of becoming elite as a rookie

But I got to go with Ryan Tannehill. It seems that we finally have a QB that we can build around

Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a tiny bit surprised to not see Reggie Bush named by more posters. I love that guy. He's amazingly fun to watch. I really, really hope we retain him. He's a great player, a team leader and a guy that makes plays.
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:

You know what, I don't know that the title of the thread being "Favorite Dolphin" qualifies coaches but ...

Excellent point Merc, most of what I see on the field & in the locker room I can equate to Philbin.

I mean the Deff was already good when he got here and then again that wasn't the root of what ailed us.

All I heard from talk radio was what "plane wreck" Miami was going to be & now look. Confused Smile

sug

yeah, I wasn't high on Philbin, but I thought it made a sense. I love what I see so far. Then again, most of us were ready to start swapping spit in the shower with Sparano and Parcells after they took a 1-15 team and made them divisional champs the next. We all know how that turned out and so I will reserve my judgement. I've said this before, but when we get a playoff win, I'll say we have the right coach and GM.
skatewood2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I like so many of our players. I am the typical fan but we do have some good players and I agree with Merc that Philbin has done a tremendous job preparing these guys for battle each week. It's nice to see them finally finishing games.

For me, I have to say Brian Hartline. Its not because he went to tOSU, but he has been that lunchpail WR and worked his butt off since he got here. He runs good clean routes and catchest the ball very well.

I do agree that he is not a #1 WR in this league, but put a talented WR opposite him with Tannehill slinging the ball and he is a very good WR.

NFL - Miami Dolphins
College - THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Clutch

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
SUG wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:

sug

yeah, I wasn't high on Philbin, but I thought it made a sense. I love what I see so far. Then again, most of us were ready to start swapping spit in the shower with Sparano and Parcells after they took a 1-15 team and made them divisional champs the next. We all know how that turned out and so I will reserve my judgement. I've said this before, but when we get a playoff win, I'll say we have the right coach and GM.

Wanted Philbin the whole time, mostly just cause GB was doing things so clean. Always looked sharp. One of my favorite posters, Frank Moore, had stated at the time that Mike McCoy (Denver) would have been a good choice. And he may have, but I am sure glad Philbin was the choice.

When you look back, this was a guy who just lost his young (20 year old) son. It would be easy to stay in GB or pack it in in general. But he didn't. And I think he and the Fins were a perfect match for each other.

In the offseason, there were some criticisms of Philbin. Him not being an upfront guy, a Jim Harbaugh type. Well it seems that he has won the locker room over. There has been some adversity with the slow start and the questions at key positions. But he has done a very good job at leading this team through the rough waters.

To this point, he is a great acquisition.
IrishDolfan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Richie Incognito.

Not that he is a great fit. I just like the way he plays.

Irish Dolfan
FF member #1205

Profanity is the one language known by all programmers!
bpastermack

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
I'm a tiny bit surprised to not see Reggie Bush named by more posters. I love that guy. He's amazingly fun to watch. I really, really hope we retain him. He's a great player, a team leader and a guy that makes plays.

I thought about Reggie, but in the end, he doesn't run north south enough for my taste. i LIKE HIM, AND HE HAS GOTTEN BETTER THAN HIS DAYS IN no, BUT I wouldn't call him my favorite just because of that. Being a former running back, it still irks me some when I see him try to outrun people to the edge too much when he has a seem he can hit and try to break a tackle.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reggie Bush. Good football player. Also, the Jets-hating torch is passed down to him from Jason Taylor.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: