Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

For all People interested in Draft Stuff: A must Read

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Terranimal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: For all People interested in Draft Stuff: A must Read Reply with quote

This is from National Football Post and agent Jack Bechta on 5 reasons why great prospects are undervalued on Draft Day. thought it was a good read and good information for those that like to know more than just looking at draft guides.... Wink

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/5-reasons-why-great-prospects-are-undervalued-on-draft-day.html&

It is a two page article so remember to click on page 2 to read the entire article...
Terranimal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should have mentioned also, through out the article there are also two highlighted links that take you to two corresponding articles on drafting also that were a worthwhile read......these are things the casual fan probably aren't aware of and thought those serious about draft stuff might be interested in..... Wink

note to Mods: wasn't sure if this should have went into the main draft area on this site or not, but either way posted this mainly for Packer fans....
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link. Very interestng read.

Much more interesting than my econ class

Revel8 wrote:
I believe I may have already found it. Not only the way to cure ebola, but every virus period.

PSN: ShiiNyIV
CWood21

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#5 really isn't surprising. Teams definitely don't want to admit it, but fans can affect the decision. Obviously, final decision makers like Bill Belichick, Ted Thompson, Ozzie Newsome, etc. whose job security is pretty high isn't going to let affect him what is best for the team long term.

Terranimal wrote:
note to Mods: wasn't sure if this should have went into the main draft area on this site or not, but either way posted this mainly for Packer fans....

Could also post it in the NFL Draft forum. I'll leave it since I think it can spur some good discussion.
SnakePlissken

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a great read, thanks for sharing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel the OP falls in line with poor drafting teams far more than a man like TT. Hell, TT is known around the league for the faith he puts in his area scouts. Then again, as a public owned team TT might even hold a hair more stock than most when it comes to outside talk. Much truth to them being "Packers People".

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
I feel the OP falls in line with poor drafting teams far more than a man like TT. Hell, TT is known around the league for the faith he puts in his area scouts. Then again, as a public owned team TT might even hold a hair more stock than most when it comes to outside talk. Much truth to them being "Packers People".

I dunno about fans effecting TT much. Keep in mind, he's the guy with his first ever pick took Aaron Rodgers. Yeah, today it's a great pick, but according to Brandt and Harlan he walked up to Harlan and told him and was a bit worried Harlan might poo-poo the idea... He went that first draft not picking a guard too after we lost Wahle and Rivera. Suffice to say not too popular with Pack fans nationwide.

To make matters worse, the Justin Harrel pick did not endear him to many either and is still a sore spot...

I don't think he's ever given any consideration to what I think on draft day and I'll admit - that's probably for the best.

(Side Note) Anyone else notice Ted Thompson looks an awful lot like David Byrne formerly of the Talking Heads? http://entertainmenttoday.net/music/mreview/15299/2012/10/david-byrne-and-st-vincent-new-album-and-tour-collaboration-love-this-giant/

It's freakin' me out a little bit...
svp

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES I noticed it too. The David Byrne look.
I made a sig,
It's here if you want it.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=502004&start=255

I also wanted a place for fans to submit suggestions for the team.
Something run by the head office of the GBPackers.
Not something that they would actually use in the decision making process
but something everyone could look at and laugh and laugh and laugh.

There have been a lot of contributions to football from the fanbase.
Fanstasy football an example.
An open suggestionbox wouldn't be that crazy, as long as no one takes it seriouz.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: