Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rams Trying to Trade
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stlblackshirt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Quote:
SI.com's Peter King sets the odds of a Steven Jackson trade at "55 percent."
We believe that's on the optimistic side. King came up with the percentage based on the opinion of one AFC personnel man. "Even though he's due a lot of money,'' the source said, "he's got real value for a contender because he can still play, and there're a few teams out there that really need a running back." King points to the Packers, Cardinals, and Cowboys as the "logical suspects" to meet the Rams' likely asking price of a third- or fourth-round pick.
Source: SI.com Oct 30 - 5:02 PM

Per Rotoworld.

Itll be kinda sad to see him go but its definitely the right move for both parties.

Wow if they really can get that for him, how can you not love that deal?
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If i had to predict anything id say Cowboys
RamRod

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
If i had to predict anything id say Cowboys

If I had to predict anything, I'd say he doesn't get traded.
Rrrrrrrams

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fisher just said that we don't trade jackson.
https://twitter.com/jthom1/status/263411326397849600
GBP4EVER

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rrrrrrrams wrote:

They are shopping him. Why would he say yeah we are looking to get rid of him and are listening to offers. Make it like your not interested in getting rid of him to try to make teams give you a bigger and better offer to get you to trade him because in reality you have have had him on the block all along. I think this is likely whats going on.
ajhicks11

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBP4EVER wrote:
Rrrrrrrams wrote:

They are shopping him. Why would he say yeah we are looking to get rid of him and are listening to offers. Make it like your not interested in getting rid of him to try to make teams give you a bigger and better offer to get you to trade him because in reality you have have had him on the block all along. I think this is likely whats going on.

I can see that point of view, but I really do not know if it is the case. I don't have a great beat on the relationship between Fish and Jack but for some reason I think it is a really positive relationship. Jackson is a mature man, who knows how to handle the rigors of the business coupled with a young offense. His leadership qualities are strong enough that I could almost see Fish trying to keep him in St. Louis for 1-2 more years as a share back, maybe year 2 being the lower percentage share back.

Like I say I am really unclear on what their relationship is like, but I really think it is true that they are not shopping Jackson. If someone were to call with a good offer I think swaying could be accomplished. I also know that in multiple interviews both Fish and Jack have mentioned that coach Fish was trying to disperse carries to save Jack.

If we were to look at the scenario as 100 percent true. We would see Jackson have a strong end to this season. It is almost a perfect storm of sorts happening for Jackson. The team has started to see success, at times, in the run game. If we all of a sudden get Saffold, Amendola, and Wells back our team could really head on the upswing. If you were to couple that with Jackson being healthy, with at least semi-fresh legs heading into the second half of the season you have a scary thing headed your way. Not too mention that Fish has used the first part of the season to groom the second to last pick into a competent back up if not starter.

That is like I say, a PERFECT storm, but could be something that we are looking at.

But to really respond to the topic at hand. I don't think Jackson gets traded. I don't see a team willing to trade what the Rams would likely ask for Jackson - his value is here, and its likely that what we are seeing from D.Rich has a large part to do with Jackson's impact. I think our most likely player to see being traded is Mikel.
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-Jax is not going to be traded. Keep in mind that it is the media's job to get our attention in any way possible. Can we drop this now?

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
S-Jax is not going to be traded. Keep in mind that it is the media's job to get our attention in any way possible. Can we drop this now?

Not until 4 PM EST time today...

IDOG_det on the sig...
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
I dont think Ive eve seen anyone more Skeptical of the Sports media.

Not everyone is lying to you, relax.
S-jax39

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Dwayne Bowe... Sad
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
I dont think Ive eve seen anyone more Skeptical of the Sports media.

Not everyone is lying to you, relax.

LOL, my outlook isn't that drastic, but I have a sincere appreciation for the difference between information and entertainment. I don't write off all rumors so easily, but it was so clear to see how this one in particular was fabricated.

It never did, and still does not, make any sense to me for us to trade Jackson. We don't need to stockpile picks and he wouldn't bring us much. Not to mention, our season is far from over and at the time these rumors surfaced, we were 3-3. (Yet mysteriously in a fire sale mode? Rolling Eyes )

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: