Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chicago Bulls 2012/2013 Season
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pack4life7

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Chicago Bulls 2012/2013 Season Reply with quote

Season opener tonight, I know there was a thread for this in the past but I figured that because it was a new season and new one was in order. I sadly won't be able to watch it because my Philosophy professor is a jerk but time to get amped for this Bulls team!!!!!

Understandably excitement isn't as high as it was last year because Rose will be out until late January but there is still a lot to look forward to.

Tom Thibodeau is the best coach in the NBA after Popps and even with an average lineup and depleted bench mob I think we can win a lot of games this year. Then with Rose coming back with enough time to get in shape for the playoffs... Who Knows

That old crappy Celtic team was up 3-2 on the Heat last year with a game in Boston before Lebron went berserk and this team with a healthy Rose is certainly better than that one.

We play the Kings at home tonight. Tipoff at 8PM Est

PG Kirk Hinrich/Nasty Nate
SG-Rip Hamilton/ Marco Bellenli
SF- Luol Deng/ Jimmy Butler
PF- Carlos Boozer/Taj Gibson
C- Joakim Noah/ Nazr

Team Defense and rebounding= Regular Season success.

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo

Same Old Jay
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all know this season is all about holding on until January.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
JPeppers90

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Chicago Bulls 2012/2013 Season Reply with quote

Pack4life7 wrote:
Season opener tonight, I know there was a thread for this in the past but I figured that because it was a new season and new one was in order. I sadly won't be able to watch it because my Philosophy professor is a jerk but time to get amped for this Bulls team!!!!!

Understandably excitement isn't as high as it was last year because Rose will be out until late January but there is still a lot to look forward to.

Tom Thibodeau is the best coach in the NBA after Popps and even with an average lineup and depleted bench mob I think we can win a lot of games this year. Then with Rose coming back with enough time to get in shape for the playoffs... Who Knows

That old crappy Celtic team was up 3-2 on the Heat last year with a game in Boston before Lebron went berserk and this team with a healthy Rose is certainly better than that one.

We play the Kings at home tonight. Tipoff at 8PM Est

PG Kirk Hinrich/Nasty Nate
SG-Rip Hamilton/ Marco Bellenli
SF- Luol Deng/ Jimmy Butler
PF- Carlos Boozer/Taj Gibson
C- Joakim Noah/ Nazr

Team Defense and rebounding= Regular Season success.

I honestly expect about 50-57 wins this year. I agree that Thibs is is easily a top 5 coach and I don't think our bench is as bad as some may think. I think Nate and especially Jimmy Butler to have great years for us off the bench. We know what Taj can do and Nazr Mohammed looked serviceable this pre season.

But, I wouldn't expect a January return from d rose. I would guess march and depending how the season is going I wouldn't be apposed to sitting him all year.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess would be that the Bulls take the 6th or 7th seed in the playoffs. But my biggest worry is that Rose comes back to early and further damages his knee.
jspiel24

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
We all know this season is all about holding on until January.

It will be later than that. At the earliest, middle to late February. I'd expect a March return for Rose.

CBears019

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taj signs for 4yrs./$38M

Pretty good price for someone who should be starting after this season (assuming we amnesty Boozer).

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 36 Yds: 364 TD: 4

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
Taj signs for 4yrs./$38M

Pretty good price for someone who should be starting after this season (assuming we amnesty Boozer).

I agree that's a good deal. Taj and Mirotic are the future at PF for this team.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
JPeppers90

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
Taj signs for 4yrs./$38M

Honestly I see us making a push for KLove this coming offseason.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPeppers90 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
Taj signs for 4yrs./$38M

He signed a 4 year contract extension with Minnesota earlier this season... Gar/Pax seem content not making any big moves, and just signing bench players...

Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
JPeppers90 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
Taj signs for 4yrs./$38M

He signed a 4 year contract extension with Minnesota earlier this season... Gar/Pax seem content not making any big moves, and just signing bench players...
Do we finally get Charlotte's 1st rounder this year? If so we'll probably have a top 3 pick and a late pick coming in this year. You've already signed Rose to a max deal, Noah has a pretty big deal, Deng still has quite a bit of money, and now Taj w/ a mid level deal. Jerry might be willing to pay the luxury tax but how much?

pigsooie5

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
JPeppers90 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
Taj signs for 4yrs./$38M

Do we finally get Charlotte's 1st rounder this year? If so we'll probably have a top 3 pick and a late pick coming in this year. You've already signed Rose to a max deal, Noah has a pretty big deal, Deng still has quite a bit of money, and now Taj w/ a mid level deal. Jerry might be willing to pay the luxury tax but how much?

The way they do trades for future picks in the NBA is certainly more complicated than it should be...
We do own Charlottes 2013 1st round pick, however, it is top 12 protected, meaning if they pick in the top 12 they keep their pick and we own their 1st the following season.... in 2014 it is top 10 protected, in 2015 it is top 8 protected, and finally in 2016 it is an unprotected 1st round pick. So in all, unless Charlotte improves drastically we won't see that pick until 2015/2016.

Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
JPeppers90 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
Taj signs for 4yrs./$38M

The way they do trades for future picks in the NBA is certainly more complicated than it should be...
We do own Charlottes 2013 1st round pick, however, it is top 12 protected, meaning if they pick in the top 12 they keep their pick and we own their 1st the following season.... in 2014 it is top 10 protected, in 2015 it is top 8 protected, and finally in 2016 it is an unprotected 1st round pick. So in all, unless Charlotte improves drastically we won't see that pick until 2015/2016.
Sheesh we've already had the pick for like 3 years, I didn't realize it was protected for that long.

pigsooie5

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
JPeppers90 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
Taj signs for 4yrs./$38M

Sheesh we've already had the pick for like 3 years, I didn't realize it was protected for that long.

I know for real. It's just too hard to predict how good Charlotte will be, that's a long time away. Hypothetically speaking though, if they do decent, we could probably pair a top 15 pick with our mid-late first and net a top 5-10 pick. This team will have plenty of chances in the next year or two to get over that hump. I have extremely high hopes for Nikola Mirotic in 2014 as well...

JPeppers90

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
JPeppers90 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
Taj signs for 4yrs./$38M

Did he? I didn't think he had... Last I remember was that he was saying he really wants their FO to show that they are serious abut contending. And Although I think GarPax both know that they have to pair a 2nd star/scorer with rose if they are serious about winning championships. You look at all the great teams and they have at least 2 of them on the same team. We need an elite player alongside rose to take some pressure off and to run the offense through.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Domination tonight baby.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: