Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Poll of the week - Scrabble vs DRC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  

If you could only keep one CB, it would be....?
Nnamdi Asomugha
23%
 23%  [ 4 ]
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
76%
 76%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 17

Bednarik60

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think Scrabble could ever potentially end up at Safety to end out his career?

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
BirdsFan06050

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
Do you think Scrabble could ever potentially end up at Safety to end out his career?

I think he has the football IQ to potentially make it work, but it would take away his biggest strength as a football player.

Asomugha is a cerebral player who's game revolves around technique. I don't see a need to mess with that so long as its working, even if he is losing some of his speed. You don't need a ton of quickness to jam receivers or to play bump/run.
"There are stories of coincidence and chance, of intersections and strange things told, and which is which and who only knows; and the book says we may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us."
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BirdsFan06050 wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:

I think he has the football IQ to potentially make it work, but it would take away his biggest strength as a football player.

Asomugha is a cerebral player who's game revolves around technique. I don't see a need to mess with that so long as its working, even if he is losing some of his speed. You don't need a ton of quickness to jam receivers or to play bump/run.

He knows the position too, don't forget, even though he was drafted as a corner, he played mostly safety at California.
Broadway Joe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
Just to start the conversation, I'd choose DRC.

While I think Asomugha is great, he is over 30, which means he will decline in play..

He will? He already has.

Thanks to Braylon4MVP for the sig!
marky_b27

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BirdsFan06050 wrote:
DRC.

Basically because of age and potential. The sky remains the limit for DRC, who is arguably the game's most athletic corner. He's also having a pro-bowl calibre season to boot, and ranks 2nd amongst ALL corners in opposition QBR. Both Nnamdi and DRC are playing extremely well for the most part, but right now the latter has the better metrics given the former's poor performance over the weekend.

I'd franchise him and then see if we can come to a long-term agreement. I don't foresee him going anywhere this off-season.

Cap space won't be a problem because Vick, Bell, etc. will likely be cut.

I agree with this generally. I think DRC has come out and said he would sign the franchise tender grudgingly.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:

I think at that point he may just move on from football and pursue other careers.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
willy_law

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DRC
Younger
He has grown into his old self since being pushed to the outside.
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's DRC easilyl, mainly because of his age.
marky_b27

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm about to post something interesting and possibly heretical, so avert your eyes if needs be.

Does anyone think that Asomugha struggles when he's not in press man coverage, and so could be seen as someone holding our defense back, similar to Samuel who only wanted to play in off man.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
Does anyone think that Asomugha struggles when he's not in press man coverage,

There is no denying this fact, and that's coming from one of the biggest Nnamdi apologists on this entire website.

Quote:
and so could be seen as someone holding our defense back, similar to Samuel who only wanted to play in off man.

I would say maybe a little, but not as much as Asante was. Maybe if the coaching staff used more press/straight up man with some safety help, this would not be an issue. Plus DRC is better in man, so they both fall into this distinction.
marky_b27

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Does anyone think that Asomugha struggles when he's not in press man coverage,

There is no denying this fact, and that's coming from one of the biggest Nnamdi apologists on this entire website.

Quote:
and so could be seen as someone holding our defense back, similar to Samuel who only wanted to play in off man.

I would say maybe a little, but not as much as Asante was. Maybe if the coaching staff used more press/straight up man with some safety help, this would not be an issue. Plus DRC is better in man, so they both fall into this distinction.

But isn't being in press man a bit telegraphed - as Bowles said, you need to mix it up. Then if Aso gets caught in zone then we're looking at trouble.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
But isn't being in press man a bit telegraphed - as Bowles said, you need to mix it up. Then if Aso gets caught in zone then we're looking at trouble.

To a certain extent, yes. Especially if an offensive player is put in motion, allowing them to realize we're following their guy around the field pre-snap.

But when we do mix in zone, we need better play from our safeties. They keep on biting on play action and are in the wrong place at the right time to make plays that can help. Part of that is on Nnamdi/DRC, but part of it is on the safeties IMO.
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Following a guy pre snap side line to side line formation to formation is tiring and more complex then it looks, specially if you are facing the better half of offensive coordinators in daaaaa leeaggggueee(darren sharppaa) ... its why there is like like 1 guy who can do it in Revis..

You can take a Scrabble and have him try and lock out sections of the field but his locking out a "entire half" of the field days were a small window cause its sooo demanding, let alone trailing a #1 snap to snap to snap.

Scrabble has made a lot of money man and you know hes got that money invested as he supposed to be a really smart dude, i kinda agree with Phire that he could walk away and just go onto other things pretty much injury free with money in the bank.

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
marky_b27

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really worth a new thread, but......

...if we franchised DRC, and a team came in early offering a 1st round pick say - would you trade him?

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
Not really worth a new thread, but......

...if we franchised DRC, and a team came in early offering a 1st round pick say - would you trade him?

Yes, without a question.

I like DRC, but if that 1st turned into an OLB for a 34 and we were able to draft a new QB then I wouldn't hate it. We're gonna be a 2 year rebuild here anyways if its a 34 we go to. Might as well take Wilson-Montgomery/Moore/Jordan/Mingo-Rogers then that would be one hell of a coup in a rebuild.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: