Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jared Cook asking for a trade?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
We need to play schemes that are best suited for our players instead of forcing players into a scheme. Thats why we suck a lot

We don't have that problem on offense. Palmer does a very good job at calling plays to the offense's strengths.

The problem is Cook, I've said that from the beginning, and it's becoming more and more obvious as time goes on.
justing101

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
justing101 wrote:
We need to play schemes that are best suited for our players instead of forcing players into a scheme. Thats why we suck a lot

We don't have that problem on offense. Palmer does a very good job at calling plays to the offense's strengths.

The problem is Cook, I've said that from the beginning, and it's becoming more and more obvious as time goes on.

I was talkin mostly about our defense, plus Jared Cook; in the right scheme he is going to the pro bowl every year.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
justing101 wrote:

I was talkin mostly about our defense, plus Jared Cook; in the right scheme he is going to the pro bowl every year.

I disagree. Jared has some sort of issue. Even Heimerdinger had issues with him, and he's a man who loves using TEs in his offense. If Jared isn't going to give it his all(or whatever his issue might be), he's not going to become the elite TE we all know he can be. I don't care what team he's on.
justing101

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
justing101 wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
justing101 wrote:

I disagree. Jared has some sort of issue. Even Heimerdinger had issues with him, and he's a man who loves using TEs in his offense. If Jared isn't going to give it his all(or whatever his issue might be), he's not going to become the elite TE we all know he can be. I don't care what team he's on.

The issue is that he sucks at blocking not catching it and scoring a TD.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
justing101 wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
justing101 wrote:

Exactly. His issue has always been blocking. He was just drafted when Dinger was here and if everybody remembers, he was a very raw prospect. you wont see the field much because of that and with how much Fisher loved his vets. Cookie can easily be a top 5 TE if we used him right. Line him up at WR more. He's too big for safeties to cover him and too fast for LBs. He's a mismatch for defenses. There's no reason why he shouldn't be a primary target every drive. He has no issue of giving it his all. If he did, he wouldn't care as much when we lose. I've seen his interviews after we lose and he's pissed everytime unlike some other characters on our team. Damian Williams and Hawk should barely see the field other than special teams. Britt, Cook, Nate, and Wright should be our 4 wide set.
justing101

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
justing101 wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
justing101 wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
justing101 wrote:

Exactly. His issue has always been blocking. He was just drafted when Dinger was here and if everybody remembers, he was a very raw prospect. you wont see the field much because of that and with how much Fisher loved his vets. Cookie can easily be a top 5 TE if we used him right. Line him up at WR more. He's too big for safeties to cover him and too fast for LBs. He's a mismatch for defenses. There's no reason why he shouldn't be a primary target every drive. He has no issue of giving it his all. If he did, he wouldn't care as much when we lose. I've seen his interviews after we lose and he's pissed everytime unlike some other characters on our team. Damian Williams and Hawk should barely see the field other than special teams. Britt, Cook, Nate, and Wright should be our 4 wide set.

You sir, are correct. Laughing

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jared Cook is not the problem. If he sucks at blocking, the whatever. Any person with a CLUE should know that a guy with that size and speed combo needs to be on the field 80% of the time and get a solid 7 or 8 looks a game.

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
Dionysus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing about it, Jared Cook is a weapon plain and simple. Why not officially move him to WR and utilize his skills in every way possible? Cook and Britt can our "big" WR combo causing problems for defenders, with Wright, Washington and Hawkins as our smaller speedsters. I'm pretty much done with Damien Williams. Cook doesn't need to know the entire route tree right away to be effective. Imagine any combination of these names...Britt, Wright, Cook, Washington, Hawkins, Stevens and Thompson (should he develop like we hope). This is with Locker and the old CJ2K.
Ockham

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cook can't get hang of Palmer's system of running a different route determined by coverages. They need to let him run one route no matter what coverage is. Let the QB decide if he's gonna be open.

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im sorry i just refuse to blame Cook for blocking skills. He may be flawd but so was Scaife and CJ still went for 2K with him on the field. How can Bo Scaife get it done but not Cook? The guys too good im sorry they can deal with bad blocking cuz the guy cant be covered by a LB last Sun would of been a great case if Hass didnt ovr throw him

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Shaun Phillips: 8 Tackles 5 Assist 1 Sack

Ropati Pitoitua: 9 Tackles 4 Assist 1 Sack
Titans_31

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans fan 617 wrote:
Im sorry i just refuse to blame Cook for blocking skills. He may be flawd but so was Scaife and CJ still went for 2K with him on the field. How can Bo Scaife get it done but not Cook? The guys too good im sorry they can deal with bad blocking cuz the guy cant be covered by a LB last Sun would of been a great case if Hass didnt ovr throw him

Crumpler and mawea were also on that line that was huge for cj
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans_31 wrote:
Titans fan 617 wrote:

Crumpler and mawea were also on that line that was huge for cj

Ya but Scaife was still on the field alot with Crumpler theres no reason why Cook cant be on the field with Stevens. Its excuses and i agree with Cook he needs to be on the field more anyone with eyes can see he makes a few big plays every game. When Hernadez is on the field for the Pats hes not the best blocker but him and Gronk seem to do just fine Cook needs to be on the field LBs just cant cover him the guys so big and fast

Sig by daboyle250

ThatTitansFan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cook just can't in-line block well enough to be in over Stevens, and Hass can't sling it well enough to take Advantage of Cook's abilities.
If Locker was healthy all season, I think Cookie would be singing a very different tune.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatTitansFan wrote:
Cook just can't in-line block well enough to be in over Stevens, and Hass can't sling it well enough to take Advantage of Cook's abilities.
If Locker was healthy all season, I think Cookie would be singing a very different tune.

^^ Totally agree! This is about as simple as you can put it in the most logical sense. ^^

With Hasselbeck at the helm, we needed CJ2K and the running game to improve big time. And considering how pitiful our O-line's run blocking was, we had to make some changes to get it going. So between Stevens and Cook, we had to go with the best man for the job, Stevens. I can't get mad at the coaches for that.

I'm still all for Cook being on the field more. I say run more 2 TE sets or use him at WR some.

Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It shouldnt be hard to use Cook it really shouldnt. I know Hass cant chuck it far but Locker showed sending Cook deep works but even short routes Cooks hard to cover

Sig by daboyle250

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: