Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eagles#1 2 Round Mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I'm not a big fan of that Bengals draft.

I think Burfict moves to MLB next year, so I see OLB as a bigger need. If Te'o can play SAM, then that's fine.

I want a speed back, BJGE does fine in the short yardage stuff.

I'm ok with Okafor, but I see CB as a bigger need than DE, especially if we re-sign Michael Johnson.
The Gnat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing that the Vikings get Hunter in round two, ILB and DT make much more sense for the Vikings in round one than a CB, which is a fairly minor need, that said, Jenkins, Ogletree, and Keenan Allen are all much better round one picks, and it would be extremely difficult for the Vikings to pass on Allen.

boondock

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good draft for the Panthers. Might swap Hankins with Star L.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
Great Bengals draft

Eh, i'm not sold on Le'veon Bell. Not much of an upgrade from BJGE in my opinion. I'd rather gamble on a small school guy with more physical upside who can slowly work into the rotation and steal more and more carries until he takes over.

This, plus the fact I don't like drafting RBs that have that much mileage in college (see: Carter, KiJana and Irons, Kenny). I want a faster back as well.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles#1 wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
I stopped at Mike Glennon being picked top 5 and before Geno.

.....What?

I feel like Geno will be a way better college player then NFL QB. I would like to see him in a pro offense not some gimmick air raid that West VA runs. He does have a great arm but not as accurate as people say. Matt Glennon will be r raiser during the off season. He has everything you look for in a pro style QB. But thats just my opinion

If the Bills actually drafted Glennon ahead of Geno or Tyler Wilson, I might just have to search for a new team! Horrendous pick at that spot and with several legit starters at many other positions available. smh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
Eagles#1 wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
I stopped at Mike Glennon being picked top 5 and before Geno.

.....What?

I feel like Geno will be a way better college player then NFL QB. I would like to see him in a pro offense not some gimmick air raid that West VA runs. He does have a great arm but not as accurate as people say. Matt Glennon will be r raiser during the off season. He has everything you look for in a pro style QB. But thats just my opinion

If the Bills actually drafted Glennon ahead of Geno or Tyler Wilson, I might just have to search for a new team! Horrendous pick at that spot and with several legit starters at many other positions available. smh

Yeah Tennessee's D ate Glennon alive. And that's coming from the worst defense in the SEC.

Glennon is the 7th QB on my board.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Eagles#1 2 Round Mock Reply with quote

I'm willing to concede that if the Chargers finish poorly enough to be picking in the Top 12 that both Norv and AJ Smith (more likely to just resign than actually end up fired) will be gone.

That said, certain things aren't really going to change a ton as far as patterns with the way our FO drafts because the most likely successor to AJ is our owner's son. And under this ownership we haven't drafted a 1st round OL since the mid-80's, and we've also favored (beyond) heavily drafting what OL we did draft at all from the Big 10, Big XII, and SEC (90% of Chargers OL drafted since 1975 have been from those conferences).

With the money sunk into Gaither - unless he misses a bulk of time against this season for injury - it's extremely doubtful the team (or any team) would sink a Top 15 pick into a RT, not matter how much Jeromey Clary clearly sucks. And even if they did, past track record indicates that Lewan is the more likely candidate.

More likely are Werner (Shaun Phillips and Antwan Barnes are UFA's and Larry English has one year left and is worthless) or Milliner (Jammer and Cason are both UFA's and neither has really earned a starter's extension/contract) in the 1st.

In the 2nd, based off what's available: Jesse Williams, Terry Hawthorne (though I think he's more 3rd round stock), or Jake Matthews (pure value might dictate foregoing our usually "wait till the 3rd round or later for OL" approach) if we took Werner in the 1st, or Williams, Lemonier/Skov, Matthews if we took Milliner.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: