Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

KT's Mid-Season Mock Offseason

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: KT's Mid-Season Mock Offseason Reply with quote

GM :: Tom Heckart
-Hopefully Jimmy Haslam and Joe Banner are as smart as everyone says and if they are they will keep Heckart around.

Head Coach :: Josh McDaniels-He got too far too fast with too much power at too young. The 2nd time around he will be answering to a GM rather than calling the shots. Every where he goes the passing game gets better. It didn't improve as much as they would have liked but the talent there was a joke last year. Josh McDaniels can make Josh Gordon a Top 3 receiving threat in this league with the arm talent of Brandon Weeden.

Offensive Co-ordinator :: Kevin Gilbride Jr.
-WR coach in New York and one the the coaches responsible for the rise of Victor Cruz. His dad has been succesfull almost every where he has gone and I'm sure he can pass on good input for his son.

Defensive Co-ordinator :: Ken Norton Jr.
-Has been attached to Pete Carroll's hip for years. He has coached up some of the best linebackers to come into the NFL the last 6-7 years and has done a phenominal job in 2 years at Seattle with K.J. Wright and now Bobby Wagner. He has to step out from under Carroll's wing at some point if he wants to further his career.

Free Agents ::
Sheldon Brown - Walk
Joshua Cribbs - Walk
Scott Fujita - Walk
Reggie Hodges - Walk
Brandon Jackson - Walk
Kaluka Maiava - Walk
Mohamed Massaqoui - Walk
Ray Ventrone - Walk
Ben Watson - Walk
Phil Dawson - 3 years
Juqua Parker - 1 year
Alex Smith - 1 year
Christian Young - Tender
Emmanuel Stephens - Tender
Craig Robertson - Tender
Chris Ogbonnaya - Tender

Signings ::
Louis Delmas FS
-The kid has all star ability. He is a bit injured this year and it shows whenhe is out for Detroit. If they had any kind of talent around him he would be a force. In Cleveland hopefully they can add that kind of supporting cast. Below is a link which leads me to believe there is more than a great chance he hits the open market because Detroit has no cap room to even afford a tag.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8163278/nfl-bears-lions-jets-teams-face-major-2013-14-free-agent-decisions

Quote:
2. Detroit Lions: General manager Martin Mayhew has built a powerhouse offense of skill players around quarterback Matthew Stafford, and that group will be around for years. By the end of 2013, though, four-fifths of the Lions' projected starting offensive line will hit the market. The bigger issue is defense. After going 0-16 in 2008, the Lions sacked their entire starting defense. They've done a nice job rebuilding the defensive line, but the bill will come due for what they've done at linebacker and in the secondary. Five starters at linebacker or in the secondary are free agents after this coming season, including linebacker DeAndre Levy and safety Louis Delmas. With the Lions already over next year's cap, they must be selective on which starters stay.

Cary Williams CB
-He is a tough #2 corner. He is no super star but it weakens a divisional opponet and gives us a veteran who knows what he is doing yet still young enough to had gas left in the tank.

Draft :: Finish 6-10 and pick 8th
1. Dion Jordan DE Oregon 6'7 243
-Highly athletic pass rusher with the flexibility to turn the corner on any OT in this league. He is a little raw as he starting his career as a TE but not extremely raw as he does show pass rush moves, and a good football IQ.

3. Nick Kasa TE Colorado 6'6 260
-A big sleeper in the draft. Was a DE until the last game of last year when he switched to offense. He won the starting job in spring and has exploded with it. A deep threat TE with very good hands and extensive experience in the trenches so he wont be affraid to block. Many will not know his name and call this a reach but by the end of the year he may shoot up even higher.

(From this point on I'm just going BPA using CBS rankings with a 10-20 window of where we may be drafting)

4. Shayne Skov ILB Stanford 6'3 242 (CBS #100)
-BPA and we could use more linebackers

5. Travis Long DE Washington State 6'4 245
-BPA and more speed on the edge (CBS #135)

6. Michael Williams TE Alabama 6'6 269
-BPA and stud blocking TE who is also a threat to catch the ball so defense cannot just key on personel groupings. (CBS #178)

7. Shamarko Thomas SS Syracuse 5'10 210
-Athletic playmaker in the secondary for upgraded depth(CBS #229)

7. Ryan Allen PT Louisianna Tech 6'2 190
-BPA and position of weakness. Allen is a great punter and worthy of a late 7th rounder(CBS #255)

UDFA
Rashad Ross WR Arizona State
Joe Madsen OC West Virginia
Taylor Housewright QB Ashland

Pre-Season Cuts/Trades ::
Owen Marecic - Cut
Ishmaa'ily Kitchen - Traded for 7th

Roster ::
QB Brandon Weeden/Colt McCoy
RB Trent Richardson/Chris Ogbonnaya/Montario Hardesty
FB Brad Smelley
WR Josh Gordon/Jordan Norwood/Josh Cooper
WR Greg Little/Travis Benjamin/Rashad Ross
TE Jordan Cameron/Nick Kasa/Michael Williams
LT Joe Thomas
LG John Greco/Jason Pinkston
OC Alex Mack/Joe Madsen
RG Shaun Lauvao/Oneil Cousins
RT Mitchell Schwartz/Ryan Miller
DE Jabaal Sheard/Emmanuel Stephens/Travis Long
DT Phil Taylor/John Hughes
DT Ahtyba Rubin/Billy Winn
DE Frostee Rucker/Dion Jordan
LB Craig Robertson/L.J. Fort
LB D'Qwell Jackson/Shayne Skove
LB Chris Gocong/James-Michael Johnson
CB Joe Haden/Buster Skrine/Trevin Wade
CB Cary Williams/Dimitri Patterson/Johnson Bademosi
FS Louis Delmas/Usama Young/Tashaun Gipson
SS T.J. Ward/Shamarko Thomas
PK Phil Dawson
PT Ryan Allen
LS Christian Yount

Jamison on the sig
HADEN4PREZIDENT

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guards? Minus that its pretty solid not a big fan of Cary Williams signing to be #2 corner as well. Delmas is a good signing

^^^Jamison^^^
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: KT's Mid-Season Mock Offseason Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
GM :: Tom Heckart
-Hopefully Jimmy Haslam and Joe Banner are as smart as everyone says and if they are they will keep Heckart around.

Very good start KT, I absolutely want TH to stay

Head Coach :: Josh McDaniels-He got too far too fast with too much power at too young. The 2nd time around he will be answering to a GM rather than calling the shots. Every where he goes the passing game gets better. It didn't improve as much as they would have liked but the talent there was a joke last year. Josh McDaniels can make Josh Gordon a Top 3 receiving threat in this league with the arm talent of Brandon Weeden.

I am a little Iffy on McD as a HC, but I cant sit here and say I dont like his offensive philosophy, and would be interesting to see what he can do with a QB not named Orton, or Tebow.

Offensive Co-ordinator :: Kevin Gilbride Jr.
-WR coach in New York and one the the coaches responsible for the rise of Victor Cruz. His dad has been succesfull almost every where he has gone and I'm sure he can pass on good input for his son.

I really dont know alot about this guy to comment

Defensive Co-ordinator :: Ken Norton Jr.
-Has been attached to Pete Carroll's hip for years. He has coached up some of the best linebackers to come into the NFL the last 6-7 years and has done a phenominal job in 2 years at Seattle with K.J. Wright and now Bobby Wagner. He has to step out from under Carroll's wing at some point if he wants to further his career.

I Would like this very much, was a huge fan of Norton as a player, and I really like how Seattles LB play

Free Agents ::
Sheldon Brown - Walk
Joshua Cribbs - Walk
Scott Fujita - Walk
Reggie Hodges - Walk
Brandon Jackson - Walk
Kaluka Maiava - Walk
Mohamed Massaqoui - Walk
Ray Ventrone - Walk
Ben Watson - Walk
Phil Dawson - 3 years
Juqua Parker - 1 year
Alex Smith - 1 year
Christian Young - Tender
Emmanuel Stephens - Tender
Craig Robertson - Tender
Chris Ogbonnaya - Tender

Signings ::
Louis Delmas FS
-The kid has all star ability. He is a bit injured this year and it shows whenhe is out for Detroit. If they had any kind of talent around him he would be a force. In Cleveland hopefully they can add that kind of supporting cast. Below is a link which leads me to believe there is more than a great chance he hits the open market because Detroit has no cap room to even afford a tag.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8163278/nfl-bears-lions-jets-teams-face-major-2013-14-free-agent-decisions

Quote:
2. Detroit Lions: General manager Martin Mayhew has built a powerhouse offense of skill players around quarterback Matthew Stafford, and that group will be around for years. By the end of 2013, though, four-fifths of the Lions' projected starting offensive line will hit the market. The bigger issue is defense. After going 0-16 in 2008, the Lions sacked their entire starting defense. They've done a nice job rebuilding the defensive line, but the bill will come due for what they've done at linebacker and in the secondary. Five starters at linebacker or in the secondary are free agents after this coming season, including linebacker DeAndre Levy and safety Louis Delmas. With the Lions already over next year's cap, they must be selective on which starters stay.

I honestly am not a huge fan of Delmas, He is hurt alot, and I dont really think he is much of a ball hawking safety. I would prefer Byrd

Cary Williams CB
-He is a tough #2 corner. He is no super star but it weakens a divisional opponet and gives us a veteran who knows what he is doing yet still young enough to had gas left in the tank.

I really not a fan of Cary Williams, the 411 I take away from ravens fans is that he gets burned alot.

Draft :: Finish 6-10 and pick 8th
1. Dion Jordan DE Oregon 6'7 243
-Highly athletic pass rusher with the flexibility to turn the corner on any OT in this league. He is a little raw as he starting his career as a TE but not extremely raw as he does show pass rush moves, and a good football IQ.

I like this pick, I love Jordan's athletic ability, and have been very impressed by his first step. He also shows a good array of moves for not playing the position so long

3. Nick Kasa TE Colorado 6'6 260
-A big sleeper in the draft. Was a DE until the last game of last year when he switched to offense. He won the starting job in spring and has exploded with it. A deep threat TE with very good hands and extensive experience in the trenches so he wont be affraid to block. Many will not know his name and call this a reach but by the end of the year he may shoot up even higher.

Dont, know a ton about him but have seen you talk about him in various threads. I am always for more weapons

(From this point on I'm just going BPA using CBS rankings with a 10-20 window of where we may be drafting)

4. Shayne Skov ILB Stanford 6'3 242 (CBS #100)
-BPA and we could use more linebackers

Not a huge skov fan, I think he is a 3-4 player, but in the 4th i'm not gonna make a big deal over it.

5. Travis Long DE Washington State 6'4 245
-BPA and more speed on the edge (CBS #135)

Don't know him

6. Michael Williams TE Alabama 6'6 269
-BPA and stud blocking TE who is also a threat to catch the ball so defense cannot just key on personel groupings. (CBS #178)

I like William, he is a huge target in the RZ and while not a gamebreaker, is a solid all around TE with good hands

7. Shamarko Thomas SS Syracuse 5'10 210
-Athletic playmaker in the secondary for upgraded depth(CBS #229)

Am always happy when the browns take one of my cuse boys. Thomas is a really athletic SS, who will prolly run somewhere in the 4.3, low 4.4 area, but has also been rumored in the high 4.2 at practice. Fearless player who is a solid tackler, solid blitzer, ok in coverage but not great. could put a little heat on Ward, at worst is good solid depth.

7. Ryan Allen PT Louisianna Tech 6'2 190
-BPA and position of weakness. Allen is a great punter and worthy of a late 7th rounder(CBS #255)

Works for me

UDFA
Rashad Ross WR Arizona State
Joe Madsen OC West Virginia
Taylor Housewright QB Ashland

Pre-Season Cuts/Trades ::
Owen Marecic - Cut
Ishmaa'ily Kitchen - Traded for 7th

Roster ::
QB Brandon Weeden/Colt McCoy
RB Trent Richardson/Chris Ogbonnaya/Montario Hardesty
FB Brad Smelley
WR Josh Gordon/Jordan Norwood/Josh Cooper
WR Greg Little/Travis Benjamin/Rashad Ross
TE Jordan Cameron/Nick Kasa/Michael Williams
LT Joe Thomas
LG John Greco/Jason Pinkston
OC Alex Mack/Joe Madsen
RG Shaun Lauvao/Oneil Cousins
RT Mitchell Schwartz/Ryan Miller
DE Jabaal Sheard/Emmanuel Stephens/Travis Long
DT Phil Taylor/John Hughes
DT Ahtyba Rubin/Billy Winn
DE Frostee Rucker/Dion Jordan
LB Craig Robertson/L.J. Fort
LB D'Qwell Jackson/Shayne Skove
LB Chris Gocong/James-Michael Johnson
CB Joe Haden/Buster Skrine/Trevin Wade
CB Cary Williams/Dimitri Patterson/Johnson Bademosi
FS Louis Delmas/Usama Young/Tashaun Gipson
SS T.J. Ward/Shamarko Thomas
PK Phil Dawson
PT Ryan Allen
LS Christian Yount

Mastercheddaar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

Throw in a guard in either FA or draft and we got a deal!

that is all

Mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are better DE's than Jordan available.

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dion Jordan may have the highest ceiling of any de in this draft
DawgX

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thanks to Josh McDaniels. There's so many better options out there.

I think the Browns should resign Sheldon Brown. They need a veteran in the secondary and Brown is better than most give him credit for. I'd also like Massaquoi to be resigned to a one-year deal.

I'd love to sign Delmas. I think the Lions will find a way to retain him, though.

Two tight ends in the draft? I don't think so. The Browns have Jordan Cameron who has a lot of potential. It won't hurt to add another tight end since many teams are utilizing two tight ends in their offense, but the Browns don't need to draft two.

I also think the Browns need to address the guard position. If Greco keeps playing at a decent level, then they'll only need one unless Lauvao plays like he did vs. the Chargers the rest of the season.

Smack on the sig.
clubberlang

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall i like it. Josh mcdaniels is a interesting choice at hc. I think with a good front office in place he could be a very good head coach. The guy clearly has a great offensive mind and i think he would help this young group we have grow. I know he had his ups and downs in denver but i think that will only help him if/when he gets another shot. If we go the former hc route he would be on my short list of guys to take a look at.

I like the delmas signing and i love the jordan pick. He's raw but seems to have a lot of upside. Seeing as how the top of the draft class isn't looking great i wouldn't mind rolling the dice with jordan. I would still like to add a guard somewhere here but overall i like this mock.
tricklogic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THis is pretty interesting. I was just thinking of multiple TE signings. Don't know if we need to draft 2. I like the idea of low ceiling ready to play guy personally. We have a guy in the making already in Cameron. I'd sort of prefer 1 draft and 1 signing, but I suppose Alex Smith can stay on as the blocker or #3 option. Smelley is also a candidate, but I see you have him at FB. I'm guessing a better FB than Maerecic might be something they can find in free agency.. heck, it was kind of interesting when they put Ogbanya in the backfield with Trich one or two plays against San Diego (watch for that). I'm not sure how big he is, but I think he was a FB at Texas so he might know how to block.

I like DE or LB in the first round. If we can trade down and get a second it would be awesome to fill both positions. I hope we target a young #2 corner in FA so good call there.

I think I have a good question though. A lot of people and players know that McDaniels has improved passing games. Do you think between this season and what everyone knows about him, he might be able to draw the interest of someone like Dwayne Bowe (who is probably going to be looking for a winner)? The McDaniels idea might be something seriously worth considering... especially if talent is interested afterward.
mrobinson14

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

Mastercheddaar wrote:
Throw in a guard in either FA or draft and we got a deal!

that is all

Mastercheddaar

I agree. Chad Rinehart or Adam Levitre from Buffalo in free agency would satisfy me.

Also, about round one, try to pull a trade. I would want to try to get 2 1sts and a second from someone. We may be able to get a defensive end and guard with those picks. Other than that, bring back brown and cut Patterson, burned too much. Brown could play safety or nickel. I would sign DRC or Sam Shields. I do like delmas.

Props to NickZamba for the sig
BocaRatonBrown1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh McDaniels is going to coach like Bill B after he had so so results with our Browns & then became DC with Parcells again. Coach McDaniels is my favorite young coach in the entire NFL.

I love Gilbride as OC but he would not leave to take a lateral position in a lower market
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BocaRatonBrown1 wrote:
Josh McDaniels is going to coach like Bill B after he had so so results with our Browns & then became DC with Parcells again. Coach McDaniels is my favorite young coach in the entire NFL.

I love Gilbride as OC but he would not leave to take a lateral position in a lower market

Apparently you didn't read my eplaination. Its Kevin Gilbride Jr. who is the WR coach for the Giants not his dad who is the current offensive co-ordinator.

Jamison on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: