Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFC Players of week 8: QB Smith, Safety Brown, CB House

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: NFC Players of week 8: QB Smith, Safety Brown, CB House Reply with quote

Quote:
#49ers QB Alex Smith was named NFC Offensive Player of Week 8.

http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/263630281095921665

Smith went 18 of 19 for 232 yards and 3 TDs with 0 INTs against the Cardinals for a QB rating of 157.1.

Quote:
#Giants Safety Stevie Brown was named NFC Defensive Player of Week 8.

Brown recorded 8 tackles, 2 passes defended, 2 INTs and a fumble recovery against the Cowboys.

http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/263627437060001792

Quote:
#Packers DB Davon House was named NFC Special Teams Player of Week 8.

http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/263630389648703488

Returned a blocked punt for a TD against the Jaguars.

Tom Brady Tribute

Last edited by Billy Spikes on Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
ninerfanwheelz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex Smith = elite.

/thread

Deadpulse on the sig
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninerfanwheelz wrote:
Alex Smith = elite.

/thread

Trent Dilfer too!
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is great to see a Raider castoff excel for another team - congrats Stevie! Twisted Evil

MUFC OK
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex Smith bought himself another week at least.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
Really? At 6-2 we aren't making a change unless we turn the record into 6-6 with it being his fault. I'm not a huge Alex Smith fan but until we start losing because of him he's our QB.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have gone with Tim Jennings over Stevie Brown. Either one is a good choice. But Jennings took one to the house and they probably don't win otherwise.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.

Last edited by DontTazeMeBro on Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:

I don't get this kind of logic. This team is 6-2, 13-3 the year before. Alex Smith wasn't AMAZING in this run, but he was good enough to keep the offense on point to what the defense needed, and came up BIG in the playoffs for 'em.

Alex Smith has bought himself another SEASON. Or two. Or three. He's not amazing, but he's not costing the team games - if it ain't broke, why fix it?

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
adamq

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:

I don't get this kind of logic. This team is 6-2, 13-3 the year before. Alex Smith wasn't AMAZING in this run, but he was good enough to keep the offense on point to what the defense needed, and came up BIG in the playoffs for 'em.

Alex Smith has bought himself another SEASON. Or two. Or three. He's not amazing, but he's not costing the team games - if it ain't broke, why fix it?

exactly. more often than not, Alex is a big part of the reason we win games. The only way he isn't our starter next season is if there's some terrible losing streak and the team misses the playoffs.

-kiltman
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
I would have gone with Tim Jennings over Stevie Brown. Either one is a good choice. But Jennings took one to the house and they probably don't win otherwise.
Agreed, but I'm not going to squabble over a Bear not winning it 1 week Wink.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
titwio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie Brown has been like the 2012 version of Victor Cruz on defense. 5 INT's, 2 fumble recoveries and has only started 4 games. Initially (I felt) he was signed by the Giants temporarily to hold a roster spot for Tyler Sash who was serving a four game suspension but the guy definitely secured himself a spot.

Right now the Giants are loaded at safety with Kenny Phillips, Antrel Rolle, Stevie Brown, Will Hill and Tyler Sash. It will be interesting to see what they do when Will Hill comes back in a couple of weeks.
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:

I agree with the first part, but this is his last year in SF. Harbaugh has to dumb down the passing game for him, and it was obvious on Monday. He tried getting rid of Alex last year, and with Kaepernick more developed, Alex should get cut during the off-season next year.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:

I agree with the first part, but this is his last year in SF. Harbaugh has to dumb down the passing game for him, and it was obvious on Monday. He tried getting rid of Alex last year, and with Kaepernick more developed, Alex should get cut during the off-season next year.
Wow. What if we win a Super Bowl with him? I was thinking about this the other day. I think Harbaugh would love to win it with Smith just because he would be the ultimate coach if he did win with him. Everyone thought Smith was trash and thought Harbs would send him packing when he got here. I was hoping for it. I think that Harbs would do that and then see if he could win another one with Kaep.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
adamq

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:

If we win the Super Bowl no way is Alex let go... If not, then yeah Harbs will probably hand the reins to Kaep.

-kiltman
Ataal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:

This is what happens when the only Niners game you've watched all year is the Giants game. Probably even still stinging from the 48-3 game from last year. **shrug**

Alex has improved every year. There's not even any rumors flying around that Alex is getting pulled this season. If Vick is keeping his job after all the rumors going around, then Alex is definitely going to keep his job. Barring injury, Alex is the starting QB for the remainder of this season. Maybe even next season, depending on how much Kaepernick has progressed and how well Alex does in the playoffs again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: