Joined: 08 Mar 2011
Location: Nasty Nati
|Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:30 pm Post subject: Still Optimistic for This Season Mock
|Well this seems to be a good time for mocking since we are halfway. I am going to say we are able to get just enough wins to lose out on a player most of us want (Manti, J. Jones)
Say we win against Baltimore, get hot and are able to go 5-3 the last 8 as we fizzle out vs RG3, at Denver and at Pitt. 7-9 shurmur miraculously saves his job, however if we lose the last three that would look pretty bad if we have a shot at the playoffs.
Resign A. Smith, Cribbs, Dawson, Resign Sheldon Brown to a 1 year deal if he wants to keep playing
Osi Umenyiora- talks a lot of trash and not good against the run but would be an upgrade rotation DE over Parker. Sign him to 2 years 16 mil we show him the money and no other team does so he lands here. I would love to have Barwin here but he deserves a big contract and a starting position, not a rotation behind Rucker.
Kevin Boothe- Giants G who will upgrade our run game and also not cost too much, 4 years 28 mil.
Draft - We end up picking between 13-15 because of our record, and best option would be to trade down but we'll stick with what we know we have.
1. Dion Jordan - Tough pick here and all depends on who is there. Dion should be, possibly Moor, Montgomery, or Werner as well. I would take a corner but spending a first on a number #2 CB has always irked me. If you have a corner like Joe you can roll coverage to the 2's side no need for two shutdowns. But Poyer would be the choice.
3. Phillip Thomas S Fresno State or Shawn Williams S Georgia - I'm going for a player similar to Gholdson of the 49ers here. Having two safeties that can lay the wood really helps create balanced coverages and flexibility. Usama makes his fair share of interceptions but has given up several TD's and long plays due to shabby tackling. I would love for Rambo to be the pick here but he is definitely playing his way into the 2nd round.
4. Josh Johnson CB Purdue- 5'11 and good bulk. I remember him from the beginning of the season and forgot about him until he knocked B. Miller out of the OSU game. Will eventually be the #2 but for now would take Wade's spot or play nickel.
5. Michael Williams TE Ala. - Some much needed run blocking and serves as a red zone and short yardage threat.
6. Theo Riddick Rb ND - He can really catch the ball, he can pass block, and he can give you some strong running. Probably a good special teams player as well. Trent, him, and Montario all bring something to the table.
7. Zeke Motta S ND - Mainly for special teams, backup SS as well.
Sign a backup center, undrafted wr, and test out some lb's to battle fort and robertson and we are good to go.
2014 draft would be looking at a wr (Cordarrelle Patterson), a linebacker, and possibly a corner, and some backup DE's and OL