Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Might as well join in, YB15's Mid-Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YoungBucs15

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Might as well join in, YB15's Mid-Mock Reply with quote

YoungBuc15's Mid-Mock

I will come back through and add my thoughts on each player. Mainly the late round picks. I figured that i didn't really need to explain the Banks pick at this time since most have pushed either Banks, Milliner or Rhodes so most are pretty well caught up on them. Will also update all players with height, weight and current year stats.

1 Jonathan Banks CB - Mississippi State http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NrV1ii6yPM

2 Dion Jordan DE - Oregon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNh0SgWe3rc
Quote:
Hard to know if Dion will fall this far. I could see him going anywhere from the mid 1st to early 2nd. If some team believes he could be another Chandler Jones, he will go a lot earlier. As of right now I see him at the top of the 2nd. He brings what we lack at DE right now.

3 Chris Jones DT- Bowling Green http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4fQCKf2SxM
Quote:
Jones has been killing is this year. I could see him going in the 2nd but I hope he drops to us in the 3rd. I know that he doesn't face constant top tier competition since he's in the MAC but Wilkerson has made the step into the NFL from a weaker conference. Jones has put up 11.5 sacks and 16 TFL this season. He is constantly in the backfield and if teamed with McCoy, should help our pass rush.

4 Desmond Trufant CB - Washington

5 Devin Taylor DE - South Carolina http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgthdpafboU

6 Marcus Davis WR - Virginia Tech http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsfUjDxb8ig
Quote:
Big WR with speed 6'4" 232 with around a 4.35 - 4.4 speed. Has been hurt by a highly inaccurate Logan Thomas this year. Is big enough to be used as an H-Back. Sullivan seems to prefer to have TE's that are more of the traditional blockers with some catching ability. Davis would give us a big body player that we can line up inside and get those coverage mismatches.

7 Sam Schwartzstein C - Stanford
Quote:
Much needed depth and possible replacement for Zuttah. Has been center for a great QB and blocks for one of the better rushing teams in the Pac-12. Solid depth and potential in the 6th.

7 Marquise Goodwin WR - Texas http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOdsTm_dj2M
Quote:
Goodwin brings what we lack on offense...Speed. Should run around a 4.26 to 4.3 forty. Would give us a great KR along with a player that we can us in the Harvin type mold. I haven't seen him rated on most mocks so it's hard to tell where he might fall. I would be willing to give up to a 5th for him.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 CBs, 2 DEs, but no safety or TE...

I don't like these defensive heavy drafts... but I don't know much at all about these players
indifference

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Banks is a good pick. Even though he had a bad game against Bama last week, he has the tools to develop into a solid #1. I wanna see how he tests though at the combine to solidify his draft status.

Jordan is a nice pick too. We can slide him at RE move Clayborn inside with McCoy with Bennett/Bowers at LDE on passing downs.

I really do believe Trufant, Davis, and Taylor will go earlier than what you have projected here. Not a fan of taking a DT that early. I rather see an offensive pick or perhaps another CB.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the Jordan pick. However, come March, I think Dion Jordan will end up as a pick in the 15-25 selection. I think he's just so under the radar right now, many have him pegged as an early-mid 2nd. But so many fail to realize he lines up at DE, OLB, and even CB in the slot time to time. I think his comparison is to JPP. Just reminds me of him.

I don't like the 2 DE and 2 WRs. just doesn't make sense with Williams, Jackson, and now Underwood coming along as our #3. Maybe a speedster, just 1. I do think we need to add a TE over another DE though.

Overall, B+. Like it alot.
YoungBucs15

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
2 CBs, 2 DEs, but no safety or TE...

I don't like these defensive heavy drafts... but I don't know much at all about these players

I think we get address the FS role in FA. I think that as we go on Dion will move up into the first, at that point I would love for us to draft TJ McDonald or Robert Lester. Davis is big enough that we can use him in the same role as we would some like Aaron Hernandez.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
Banks is a good pick. Even though he had a bad game against Bama last week, he has the tools to develop into a solid #1. I wanna see how he tests though at the combine to solidify his draft status.

Jordan is a nice pick too. We can slide him at RE move Clayborn inside with McCoy with Bennett/Bowers at LDE on passing downs.

I really do believe Trufant, Davis, and Taylor will go earlier than what you have projected here. Not a fan of taking a DT that early. I rather see an offensive pick or perhaps another CB.

Yeah, right now I would be happy with Milliner, Banks or Rhodes. I think Milliner will probably go before we pick.

Its been tough trying to gauge where those 3 will be, Trufant is up and down. Davis, I haven't really seen him even on a lot of the 7 round drafts around here and some other sites. Decided he would be in the 5-6 range. Taylor, if he doesn't start to step it up, I think he may fall into the 4-5 range. He has all the talent, and isn't even getting focused on by the other teams OL.

Chris Jones is one of unknowns that doesn't get much talk outside the general draft people and think that combined with McCoy would give us tremendous pressure from the inside and would give us a legit DL that anyone can get to the QB on any play and also stop the run.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Love the Jordan pick. However, come March, I think Dion Jordan will end up as a pick in the 15-25 selection. I think he's just so under the radar right now, many have him pegged as an early-mid 2nd. But so many fail to realize he lines up at DE, OLB, and even CB in the slot time to time. I think his comparison is to JPP. Just reminds me of him.

I don't like the 2 DE and 2 WRs. just doesn't make sense with Williams, Jackson, and now Underwood coming along as our #3. Maybe a speedster, just 1. I do think we need to add a TE over another DE though.

Overall, B+. Like it alot.

Yeah, His stock should continue to rise and come combine time, it should shot up maybe even higher. He can truly do everything you would ask of a DE in the NFL today. Get after the QB and when asked to cover a RB or even a TE, and he can do it. By the seasons end this would definitely change, probably to McDonald or Lester.

I think Te'o is coming along nicely but as of right now we have 1 DE that we can count on, 1 thats coming back from injury and 1 we hope comes back the same from an ACL injury. I think we either address the depth in FA or the draft and Dom has shown he prefers the draft route.

I think during the offseason we will be sitting at only 3 WR's that are worth anything. Parrish and Benn will be gone. Goodwin give us that WR that is a legitimate homerun threat either from the backfield, lining up in the slot or returning kicks. In my mind Davis would be asked so much to consistently line up outside but more in the H-Back role. He is a big kid, 6'4" 232 and can run that 4.4. While I know he wouldn't be asked to block as much as say someone like Stoneburner, his speed and abilities would make him a much more dangerous weapon. And we have plenty of TE's that we can get to be that blocking type. While I would love to have someone like a Gronk, Graham or Vernon at TE, I just don't see that type of combined talent in a TE, this year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: