Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titans TE Jared Cook request trade.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MemphisBear

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Bears uni.
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nads786 wrote:
TytybearsFan21 wrote:
How cool would it be if we got him?

Pretty much unstoppable offense?

We said that with marshall..

If we had a Elite LT I would agree with you then, but a TE isn't going to change this offense with the QB on his back.

You said that with Marshall. I said it added an element to our offense but once they double Marshall, our other wr's will show how average they are. I guess I was wrong though, as Marshall is nasty even with double coverage and Earl and Alshon are okay.

I'm a tight end guy. I will never say we're good enough until we get a badass tight end.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Titans TE Jared Cook request trade. Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
I cannot link the article from PFT because I am on my phone but Titans young TE Jared Cook has requested a trade.

If I am the Bears I make the call and see what the price is.

Cook has the size 6'5" 260lbs and athletic ability that we apparently covet as well as better hands and athletic ability than anyone on the Bears. His stats don't show it right now but this guy could be the next big TE.

2014 pick or players.
We will not be taking disgruntled players.
Brandon Marshall was disgruntled, as was Jay Cutler. Care to backtrack on that one?
Not really. Has Cook actually done anything to justify comparison with those players?
This clearly shows me you know nothing about Cook. Sometimes is not just about the numbers. If you had SEEN him play, you would know that Cook is better than his numbers. Sometimes good players get stuck on bad teams. Just looking at a players stat line without knowing his situation is foolish.
CBears019

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Titans TE Jared Cook request trade. Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
I cannot link the article from PFT because I am on my phone but Titans young TE Jared Cook has requested a trade.

Cook has the size 6'5" 260lbs and athletic ability that we apparently covet as well as better hands and athletic ability than anyone on the Bears. His stats don't show it right now but this guy could be the next big TE.

2014 pick or players.
Brandon Marshall was disgruntled, as was Jay Cutler. Care to backtrack on that one?
Not really. Has Cook actually done anything to justify comparison with those players?
This clearly shows me you know nothing about Cook. Sometimes is not just about the numbers. If you had SEEN him play, you would know that Cook is better than his numbers. Sometimes good players get stuck on bad teams. Just looking at a players stat line without knowing his situation is foolish.

And if we ARE going by numbers, he had over 700 yards last year while averaging over 15 yards per catch with Matt Hasselbeck throwing him the ball. So there's that, too.

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 36 Yds: 364 TD: 4

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we were to target Cook via trade I doubt very much that we would do it without also immediately signing him to an extension that will be far beyond the mid-round rookie deal he is on now, and any money handed out to him in such a hypothetical is money that can't go toward extending Melton or Louis or possibly Urlacher (all up after this year) or Cutler or Tillman (both up after next year).

I think Cook would be a great addition, but I think the likelihood that we trade for him this minute is probably pretty small. Especially since we currently only have 5 picks next year. I would suspect that if E-Rod is to stay at H-Back that we would look more toward addressing TE in the draft or in FA next offseason where we may be able to get Cook anyway for the same price (salary) without giving up a pick.

I just don't see how this happens right now.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Titans TE Jared Cook request trade. Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

2014 pick or players.

And if we ARE going by numbers, he had over 700 yards last year while averaging over 15 yards per catch with Matt Hasselbeck throwing him the ball. So there's that, too.

Gronkowski had like twice that. So that means Cook must suck.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Titans TE Jared Cook request trade. Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

2014 pick or players.
What I DO know is that the players mentioned that we traded for were not going to be free agents at the end of the year. That is the "situation" I am most concerned about.

It would be an incredibly foolish trade w/o the certainty of a contract to keep him here. These aren't baseball or basketball draft picks. Wooten was a fourth I believe.

It is also silly to think he will be playing any time soon if we took him. That is another reason we are not going to trade for him or anyone else to fit into the offense. Football is a lot different than baseball or even basketball wrt trades and fitting new players into the team.

What matters most now with our offense is practice together, not bring in new pieces to integrate into the machine particularly when we haven't used the pieces already here that much.
bearsaddict

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Re: Titans TE Jared Cook request trade. Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

2014 pick or players.
What I DO know is that the players mentioned that we traded for were not going to be free agents at the end of the year. That is the "situation" I am most concerned about.

It would be an incredibly foolish trade w/o the certainty of a contract to keep him here. These aren't baseball or basketball draft picks. Wooten was a fourth I believe.

It is also silly to think he will be playing any time soon if we took him. That is another reason we are not going to trade for him or anyone else to fit into the offense. Football is a lot different than baseball or even basketball wrt trades and fitting new players into the team.

What matters most now with our offense is practice together, not bring in new pieces to integrate into the machine particularly when we haven't used the pieces already here that much.
So much of your last post is so very incorrect. You are wrong that he wouldn't play soon if acquired. Players acquired via trade play soon after being traded for all the time. That is patently false. Secondly, it would be different if this team sucked. We are a very possible Superbowl team, and a solid TE would give Jay a real upgrade with another weapon. To think he wouldn't be able to quickly assimilate into the offense is just wrong. All the guy needs to catch up on is the terminology of our offense. He will run the same routes Kellen Davis already does, except he will be much more consistent and intelligent. Shortly after trading for him we would get some longer terms locked up so he wouldn't walk after this year. To think they wouldn't do that is just silly, teams do this all the time when making trades. Just go ahead and admit it Al, you don't like this deal because before two days ago you had no idea who the heck this guy was.
Selkiesxx

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man...
I would love to have him. Maybe in FA next year.

@BodamEscapePlan (Twitter)
Nads786

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
TytybearsFan21 wrote:
How cool would it be if we got him?

Pretty much unstoppable offense?

We said that with marshall..

If we had a Elite LT I would agree with you then, but a TE isn't going to change this offense with the QB on his back.

You said that with Marshall. I said it added an element to our offense but once they double Marshall, our other wr's will show how average they are. I guess I was wrong though, as Marshall is nasty even with double coverage and Earl and Alshon are okay.

I'm a tight end guy. I will never say we're good enough until we get a badass tight end.

I never said that. I'll stick to my original statement at the start of this season I don't care if you get Rob Kronkoswki or Jimmy Graham this offense will suck until we can give Cutler consistent protection!

However, a 4th round pick would be a steal for a TE of his caliber.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Titans TE Jared Cook request trade. Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

2014 pick or players.

So much of your last post is so very incorrect. You are wrong that he wouldn't play soon if acquired. Players acquired via trade play soon after being traded for all the time. That is patently false. Secondly, it would be different if this team sucked. We are a very possible Superbowl team, and a solid TE would give Jay a real upgrade with another weapon. To think he wouldn't be able to quickly assimilate into the offense is just wrong. All the guy needs to catch up on is the terminology of our offense. He will run the same routes Kellen Davis already does, except he will be much more consistent and intelligent. Shortly after trading for him we would get some longer terms locked up so he wouldn't walk after this year. To think they wouldn't do that is just silly, teams do this all the time when making trades. Just go ahead and admit it Al, you don't like this deal because before two days ago you had no idea who the heck this guy was.
Obviously, I am not the ChicagoAl who has opposed every birdbrained trade or cut which comes down the pike. I'm an imposter.

It may be a reasonable assumption to bring a new player to an accomplished offense and have him on the field in less than a month. It is ridiculous to expect that would be the case with the poor, inexperienced offense that we have. But it could screw it up even more than it is. They rarely throw to the TE in any case.

There is ZERO chance we are going to spend a draft choice on a free agent at seasons end. It is ridiculous.

Show me a deal I liked.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: