Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jaguars trade WR Mike Thomas to the Lions for 5th round pick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:
Please tell me the Lions are taking on his whole salary. Pray

It's gonna be weird playing against him this week. haha

Yes, taking it all.

Actually false. Hate the trade but this is not accurate

From the ESPN article:

Quote:
The Jaguars signed Thomas to a five year, $19-million contract in October 2011 but have already paid off most of the heavy charges. If his contract remained intact during the trade, the Lions will owe him a pro-rated portion of his $1.45 million base salary. He is also due a $1.45 million salary in 2013, of which $1 million is guaranteed.

Which is all of the contract.

Not false.

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
detfan782004

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:
Please tell me the Lions are taking on his whole salary. Pray

It's gonna be weird playing against him this week. haha

Yes, taking it all.

Actually false. Hate the trade but this is not accurate

From the ESPN article:

Quote:
The Jaguars signed Thomas to a five year, $19-million contract in October 2011 but have already paid off most of the heavy charges. If his contract remained intact during the trade, the Lions will owe him a pro-rated portion of his $1.45 million base salary. He is also due a $1.45 million salary in 2013, of which $1 million is guaranteed.

Which is all of the contract.

Not false.

but have already paid off most of the heavy charges

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Tugboat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:
Quote:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

One more nugget on new #Lions WR Mike Thomas? Four teams called Jags about him. Liked his potential especially before Gabbert took over.

BIDDING WAR

If we had 4 teams calling on him, makes me wish we'd managed to extort a 4th out of someone.

But realistically, it's an okay trade i guess. M80 has never clicked with Gabbert at all, but he is still a guy who could be productive in the right situation. Not a big loss as he was on a one-way train to cuts-ville after the season regardless. Nice to at least get something for him i guess. Maybe we'll find a way to package it with another pick to gain an extra 4th rounder or even just move up a few spots to grab 'our guy'.

I fear it could be a classic, 'change of scenery' case though, where he gets back on track with what it looked like he could be, having Garrard toss him the ball.

Pretty odd from the Lions side though. Even if he does return to prior form, Thomas strikes me as a more experienced but lower upside version of what Broyles should be. And Broyles has been pretty decent when given the chance, hasn't he?
skaterbirdhouse

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy with the trade, he wasn't playing up to his contract and likely would've been cut eventually anyways, so why not take a 5th?
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully this means Cecil Shorts will start full-time if he doesnt already. I'm happy for the move, but who is returning punts now?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Hopefully this means Cecil Shorts will start full-time if he doesnt already. I'm happy for the move, but who is returning punts now?

spurlock?
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Shorts will start until Robinson gets back, and then from there it's likely packaged based who plays when and who lines up where, mostly between Blackmon, Robinson and Shorts. Thomas was already benched, so this won't change where Shorts gets reps.

- Best since day one -
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Shorts will start until Robinson gets back, and then from there it's likely packaged based who plays when and who lines up where, mostly between Blackmon, Robinson and Shorts. Thomas was already benched, so this won't change where Shorts gets reps.

Read it as (and heard from his interview) that Shorts stays outside and when Robinson is back, he takes the other spot...then have Blackmon and whomever else (I think he names Spurlock) as rotating slot guys.

#JDI
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funniest article about this trade?

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2012/10/detroit_lions_trade_for_jackso.html
Quote:
Thomas works primary out of the slot. He can be a downfield threat or pick up yardage after the catch working short routes underneath. He's also considered an exceptional blocker despite his smaller frame.

Thomas has been the Jaguars' primary punt returner the past four seasons. He averaged better than 10 yards per return, including a 78-yard touchdown, in 2010. He hasn't been used on kickoffs much since his rookie year in 2009.

- Best since day one -
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
iPwn wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

Read it as (and heard from his interview) that Shorts stays outside and when Robinson is back, he takes the other spot...then have Blackmon and whomever else (I think he names Spurlock) as rotating slot guys.

Who's interview? Mularkey?

- Best since day one -
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
iPwn wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

Who's interview? Mularkey?

Yes.

#JDI
Bad meets Evil

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2012/10/detroit_lions_trade_for_jackso.html
Quote:
Thomas works primary out of the slot. He can be a downfield threat or pick up yardage after the catch working short routes underneath. He's also considered an exceptional blocker despite his smaller frame.

Thomas has been the Jaguars' primary punt returner the past four seasons. He averaged better than 10 yards per return, including a 78-yard touchdown, in 2010. He hasn't been used on kickoffs much since his rookie year in 2009.

Well he is basically Steve Smith.

Credit to IPwn for da sig
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad meets Evil wrote:
iPwn wrote:

Quote:

Well he is basically Steve Smith.

Laughing that is never gonna get old

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: