Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DT Akiem Hicks
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saint-Anger_13

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If were talking 3 4 defense how about Keith Butler Linebacker coach from the steelers. Or Todd Wash from seattle. I do not know when their contracts are up. But I would take either or If our team is in rebuild mode on defense.

Butler is suppose to tack over the Steelers defense after LeBeau retires. This guy has coached the greats steelers blitzing LBs like Porter, Timmons, Woodley and Harrison. Now you could argue that drafting on defense would almost certainly be either a Lb/De hybrid, or a huge Dt to plug the middle. Either way that would mean that they would have to find steals for Dbs in the backfield. But could you imagine if this would happen. Spags Dline, with Butler vicious blitzing Linebacking corps that can hit Shocked

Wash is another story though, being consistent with Dline, and pulling the best out of whatever Spags puts on the field. (See Bruce Irvin). Also helping pick out players on the Dline that can contribute right away. from the likes of Clemons, Hebron(practice squad), Brock, Irvin.

But I´d go Butler all day. after all, a man can dream can´t he? a man can dream Cool
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saint-Anger_13 wrote:
If were talking 3 4 defense how about Keith Butler Linebacker coach from the steelers. Or Todd Wash from seattle. I do not know when their contracts are up. But I would take either or If our team is in rebuild mode on defense.

Butler is suppose to tack over the Steelers defense after LeBeau retires. This guy has coached the greats steelers blitzing LBs like Porter, Timmons, Woodley and Harrison. Now you could argue that drafting on defense would almost certainly be either a Lb/De hybrid, or a huge Dt to plug the middle. Either way that would mean that they would have to find steals for Dbs in the backfield. But could you imagine if this would happen. Spags Dline, with Butler vicious blitzing Linebacking corps that can hit Shocked

Wash is another story though, being consistent with Dline, and pulling the best out of whatever Spags puts on the field. (See Bruce Irvin). Also helping pick out players on the Dline that can contribute right away. from the likes of Clemons, Hebron(practice squad), Brock, Irvin.

But I´d go Butler all day. after all, a man can dream can´t he? a man can dream Cool

I like Butler, he's an Alabama native and it would be a home coming of sorts but Pittsburgh's 34 scheme usually asks there front 3 to be more of space eaters while I dont feel that is what best suits Hicks and Jordans skill sets. They are more cut out of the cloth of disruptive upfield playmakers.

Now Pittsburgh has latley been showing signs of adjusting with the times with Ziggy hood and Cameron Heyward... Maybe Butler would be the guy, Lord knows he's ready but he's turned down DC jobs in the past waiting for DL to retire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Short List of Future 34 Defensive Coordinators…

1. Kirby Smart DC, Alabama University
2. Winston Moss ILB Coach, Packers
3. Jim Tomsula D-Line Coach, 49ers
4. Romeo Crennel HC, Chiefs
5. Keith Butler LB Coach, Steelers

Wild Card… Rumors that Dom Capers could not be retained in Green Bay, If that was to happen he’d join these coaches on this list.

Harper41

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to give Eric Mangini a call. The guys a great coach, I don't think he got a fair shot in NY or CLE and he was still able to build some impressive defenses

RTR
GFalcon wrote:
go saints
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
I'd love to give Eric Mangini a call. The guys a great coach, I don't think he got a fair shot in NY or CLE and he was still able to build some impressive defenses

I like Mangini but it's gonna take more than a DC job to pull him away from his cushy gig on tv.

whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:

Overall... Romeo to me is the best hire.

His experience and ability to add quality defensive coaches to the staff is key. He's be more willing to accept Joe Vitt as LB coach cause that dude aint going nowhere as long as Payton is here.

Romeo has always fielded a competitive defense and he'd do a really good job mentoring Jordan and Hicks in new orleans.

Harper41

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Highly unlikely but I'd love to pull Ray Horton away from Arizona

RTR
GFalcon wrote:
go saints
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Highly unlikely but I'd love to pull Ray Horton away from Arizona

Only if your hiring him as a HC... but if you like Horton's style, you'd love Keith Butler!

sputney23

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember going back and forth with somebody on this board about Hicks..They claimed he wouldn't even be active on most game days..
He's been the best player on defense pretty much the whole year

NS922 On the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: