Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

First 2013 Mock
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mile High

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: First 2013 Mock Reply with quote

Free Agents:

Glenn Dorsey DT: He shouldn’t be that expensive and we give him the opportunity to finally play in a 4-3 defense. I think he could explode in a new defense and is versatile to play DT and DE (in Wolfe’s role)

Austin Collie WR: Just because it has been a year don’t think we will stop adding Colts WR. Austin Collie is a quality slot who has proven to work well with Peyton. He will replace a retiring Stokley.

The Draft:

1. Kawann Short DT Purdue – Hopefully we are building for right now. Short will be great right now. He is big and athletic (a fox DT). He gets a decent pass rush and is a day 1 starter for us.

2. Eddie Lacy HB Bama – Probably a 1st round HB if not for the fact that TJ Yeldman plays for Bama and is taking Lacy’s carries. Lacy is absolutely nasty, and in that Trent Richardson mold. His power, strength, and quickness will compliment Hillman perfectly. I also love Lacy because he will step in and make an impact almost immediately.

3. Dallas Thomas OG/OT Tennessee – If we learned anything about are OL this season it is that they are capable of being injured. Thomas is a real quality lineman who has repped at both LT and LG in his career. Weather he starts or just backs up multiple positions he will be valuable to the Broncos.

4. Jordan Hill DT Penn St – Denver’s new regime seems to draft more than one at a position. Last year it was DE (Jackson/Wolfe) and this year it will be DT. Hill isn’t anything too special but he will rotate in and impact the team immediately.

5. Aaron Mellete WR Elon – Smaller school but everything else is idea. 6,4 220 4.5 40. He also has put up some absurd stats. Last three years including this year: 1,000 + receiving yards and 10 + TDs. This year is only at week 8 just to remind you guys! I like him a lot though.

6. Ray Ray Armstrong S UM – Ray Ray Armstrong is an idiot. Ray Ray Armstrong is a nasty safety. 6,4 220 and fast this guy is someone we want to throw a late round pick at. He could easily see the field early on our roster. The reason he falls is for those who don’t know was kicked out of Miami and then deemed ineligible by Faulker University. Basically no football in 2011. He fits the Laron Landry big hit big S role.

7. Roy Roundtree WR Michigan – A guy who is hurt by his system, Roy Roundtree could be the steal of the draft. In 2010 he was a guy who had 70 catches 1000 receiving yards and 7 tds. In the last two years combined he isn’t close to that. It is a 7th round pick though and I’d take a shot on a guy like that any day.

Jamison. mad props on this amazing Sig!!!

Last edited by Mile High on Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I agree with most of the mock, I vehemently disagree with the Eddie Lacy pick in the 2nd round. Comparing him to Trent Richardson is outrageous, let alone comparing him to Mark Ingram. Hes a product of the outstanding OL for Alabama. I dont have him getting drafted till the 4th round or so. I respect your opinion in the draft Mile High but this one I completely disagree with.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love Dorsey, but I'd absolutely be against Austin Collie. A waste of money due to health reasons. Concerning the draft: why no MLB? If we didn't address this position of need through the draft and FA, the solution would have to be on our current roster- which it isn't.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
broncos67

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dorsey would be nice. Big no to Collie. He can't stay healthy, it isn't even worth it. He's a walking injury.

I actually like Eddie Lacy, and FWIW, I could see him going early in this draft.

Thanks, Tzimisce
Cruzp23

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as much as i like the dorsey pick i dont think we can have a offseason without either a high draft pick or big FA MLB

I do like the dorsey pick tho

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Collie would be great. But, that guy really needs to retire or his brain will be turned into pudding...tapioca. Maybe the Broncos can sign the best MLB on the market instead.
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
While I agree with most of the mock, I vehemently disagree with the Eddie Lacy pick in the 2nd round. Comparing him to Trent Richardson is outrageous, let alone comparing him to Mark Ingram. Hes a product of the outstanding OL for Alabama. I dont have him getting drafted till the 4th round or so. I respect your opinion in the draft Mile High but this one I completely disagree with.
I agree with you about Lacy. He doesn't wow me by any means.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
kansas bob

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice draft but IMO I don't think we need to add 3 DT's during this off season. Maybe you could add a LB instead? What do you think? I doubt if Elway will draft someone like Ray Ray either.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JRebar913

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dorsey will not be coming back to the chiefs next season, i think he would be a good player to add to the rotation. im not big on any of the chiefs players but he could have some extra motivation especially in those two games against them. i doubt a rb will be drafted that high two years in a row, but you never know. love the focus on defense though. continue to build an elite defense.
Mile High

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Austin Collie Signing:

Let's remember who we would have him replace. A guy who has had "8 or 10 concussions." Collie has been often injured but he is still really young and because of the injuries is kind of fresh. Brandon Stokley is also a guy who has missed a lot of time due to other injuries. It comes with the position of being a small white guy who catches balls over the middle.

That said Austin Collie has caught 60 passes and 7 touchdowns from Peyton Manning in a season before. If Stokley leaves I kind of expect Peyton to bring in Collie, because he seems to value being on the same page as his slot WR.

Eddie Lacy:
I will admit I haven't seen a lot Lacy, this season but have watched a fair amount of him over the last two years. One I think he is very comparable to Ingram and Richardson. Heck when Ingram and Richardson were on the team he managed to steal 50 carries from them. And when it was just Richardson Lacy managed to steal 100 from him.

Ultimately Lacy fits the power runner role that I think we will eventually lose when Mcgahee leaves. I ultimately would have rathered Lattimore in the 1st round and a DT in the 2nd but Lattimore's injury really shook that up.

No MLB:
This was a kind of missight by me, especially with Joe Mays being put on the IR now. I was just kind of sick of mocks with Manti Te'o as I could see him as a potential top 5 pick and would be shocked if he fell out of the top 10.

I don't know enough about the other ILB prospects but will look into the issue further.

2 free agent MLB to look at: Brian Urlacher. Who I would be against, he is just to old for me.

And Rey Maualuga who I would be 100% for. I think he would absolutely explode on our team in the John Beason role.

Jamison. mad props on this amazing Sig!!!
broncos67

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Collie's race has nothing to do with it. He's a massive injury liability, Peyton or not. If we sign him, I would be incredibly disappointed, good when healthy, but he's a concussion away from being brain dead at this rate.

Also, Rey Mauluaga is awful. He has underperformed woefully and IMO, will get paid much more than he deserves.

Thanks, Tzimisce
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Collie isn't really a slot receiver though, he doesn't run over the middle at all. He is an outside guy that stretches the field. Think of him as Kevin Curtis back when he was explosive for the Rams or Eagles, not Wes Welker. You are totally pigeonholing him due to his race. His ability on the field is completely different.

BTW I am not a fan of Collie solely because of his injury past, plus he is not a fit at slot receiver.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Glenn Dorsey DT

Not a fan. I think that he will end up costing a bit more than we would expect, and I dont think he will be worth it. I would rather double dip at DT in the draft, resign Vickerson and Unrein and call it a day.

Quote:
Austin Collie WR

Again, not a fan. Combine his concussion history with the fact that he isnt really a slot receiver (More like a poor mans Decker) and I think its clear he doesnt fit. I do like that you addressed WR, as I think it is our 2nd biggest need after DT.

Quote:
Kawann Short DT

Excellent pick. Short is the guy I want. He is a proven difference maker on the front 4. Not to mention he is well rounded enough to be a 3 down DT.

Quote:
Eddie Lacy HB

I dont like Lacy in the 2nd. I think he is far closer to Ingram than Richardson, and Ingram blows. I dont really like this RB class, and would way rather wait until the 4th or 5th round to address our 3rd string RB.

Quote:
Dallas Thomas OG/OT

Another excellent pick. As we have seen this year, you need OL depth. Thomas is a great option to backup the OG and RT positions. I would have no problem taking OL depth as high as the 3rd round this year.

Quote:
Jordan Hill DT

Not bad, and I like the DT double dip. Not too high on Hill.

Quote:
Aaron Mellete WR

As I think WR is our 2nd biggest need, I would prefer to take a guy prior to the 5th round. Mellete sounds intriguing, but I like alot of other 2nd-3rd round prospects more.

Quote:
Ray Ray Armstrong S

I am pretty sure we dont hae a 6th rounder. If we did, I personally would love to role the dice on Ray Ray. Sadly, I dont see our FO touching troubled guys.

Quote:
Roy Roundtree WR

Nice late round pick. A totally underused guy that could project to a nice 4th/5th receiver kinda like Sammy Straughter.
primetime714

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall good job. I don't think we add that many DT's especially since there is a good chance that Wolfe is moved inside next year. When drafted that was the initial plan that he would play DE and Nickel DT in his first year and would move inside more permanently after he had more time to bulk up for the role. I think there's a good chance that's what we'll see but of course the team would need someone to take over at LDE.

I like Kawaan Short if he's available at our pick in the first I think he could have a big impact.

I like the idea of signing Austin Collie. Given his injuries he'll be looking for a 1 year deal on the cheap to prove himself. What better spot to do that than with Denver and Peyton. He'll be a cheap and effective WR if he's healthy. If he's not well the Broncos will just have to go their next option. That said my hope is Stokley doesn't retire and we sign Collie as the 4th WR. That might be ambitious/unrealistic though.

I like Lacy, but not in the 2nd. I think he's more of a 3rd or possibly even 4th round pick. I think he'll be a nice compliment to Hillmann. Lacy is guy that always seems to move forward whether he's push the pile, jumping over it, or moving within traffic. In that regard I think he could be a great option in short yardage situations which has been a real struggle for our run game. Sure he benefits from the Alabama OL and he's certainly no Trent Richardson, but frankly Richardson was the best prospect since Adrian Peterson possibly even better. I think he's more of a mid round pick though cause he's not much a receiver. He's a good pass blocker, but we're not really looking at a multifaceted back. He's a good a runner with power and speed who could develop as a receiver, but he's not accomplished enough to go in the 2nd.

Glenn Dorsey I don't know that he adds anything that we're not already getting from Bannan and Vickerson both of whom will probably cost less in FA. Dorsey is a run stuffer who doesn't put any pressure on the QB. That's exactly what Bannan and Vickerson do. I wouldn't complain if we signed Dorsey instead of one or both of those guys, but I would complain if we paid him more to do essentially the same job at about the same level of production that we're already getting. If the Broncos invest in a DT in FA it should probably be someone a little more of a complete player such as a Randy Starks.

And as already discussed the team needs a MLB unless DJ can step up into that role which is questionable considering the last time they tried him at 4-3 MLB didn't go so well.
primetime714

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mile High wrote:

2 free agent MLB to look at: Brian Urlacher. Who I would be against, he is just to old for me.

And Rey Maualuga who I would be 100% for. I think he would absolutely explode on our team in the John Beason role.

Urlacher has really struggled against the run lately. The rest of that defense masks his diminished skills. Maualuga is essentially Joe Mays version 2. Awful in coverage and overrated vs. the run. I'd rather go with DJ or Brooking at MLB next year than Maualuga. That said I think the Broncos will likely look to the draft for their next MLB. Te'o is out of reach, but Ogletree, Skov, Mosely (if he can stay at MLB), and Mauti are guys the Broncos will likely look at early in the draft.

Speaking of Jon Beason I actually think there's a good chance he'll be traded in the offseason. Kuechly looks like he'll take over at MLB moving forward. Beason with his second major injury in a row is no longer worth his salary and will likely have to restructure this offseason. But he prefers to play the middle and with lots of changes likely come in Carolina given their disappointing season I think Beason could be on the outs there. Denver would be the logical landing spot given their need for a MLB and the fact that Fox loves the guy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: