Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titans TE Jared Cook request trade.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
As I said in the other thread if we could grab Cook for a 4th I would jump all over it right now…I wouldn’t go any higher than that since he is going to be an FA at the end of the season…looking at what Emery has done so far this season he is always looking for ways to improve the team…Cook certainly would do that…well worth the call…

Another interesting road we could go down…and I’m not saying I would want us to do this…but we could offer up Corey Wootton…he has been great for us this year and with how bad the Titans D is and with their anaemic pass rush he could be of interest to them.

I would hate to lose Wootton and because of DE vs TE I would ask for a pick back.

But Cook is about to explode and we have DE depth.

Like I said I wouldn't want us to do it either but if we wanted to add another weapon to the offence and keep the pick that we could use in a deep Dline class it's another options...pick would of course be the first option tho.
RidiculousJames

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
As I said in the other thread if we could grab Cook for a 4th I would jump all over it right now…I wouldn’t go any higher than that since he is going to be an FA at the end of the season…looking at what Emery has done so far this season he is always looking for ways to improve the team…Cook certainly would do that…well worth the call…

Another interesting road we could go down…and I’m not saying I would want us to do this…but we could offer up Corey Wootton…he has been great for us this year and with how bad the Titans D is and with their anaemic pass rush he could be of interest to them.

I would hate to lose Wootton and because of DE vs TE I would ask for a pick back.

Like I said I wouldn't want us to do it either but if we wanted to add another weapon to the offence and keep the pick that we could use in a deep Dline class it's another options...pick would of course be the first option tho.

I would love to see Cook here, I think he could make a big impact and would be all over trading a 4th for him but I would not like to lose Wootton.

This may be a bit bold but I honestly think Wootton has been our most dangerous D-Lineman this season, he gets off the snap so quickly and you come off every game thinking 'Wootton was getting nice pressure today' whereas everyone else has been a bit inconsistent. The thing is, when one is not on top of his game someone else will be, but Wootton has always been up there for me.
2014 Adopt-a-Bear: S #45 Brock Vereen
Tackles: 15 || Interceptions: 0 || Forced Fumbles: 0
NEtimehester

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been a big fan of Cook and would love to see him on this team. I have a hard time seeing this trade being made. We are short on draft picks and Emery's main thing is scouting and drafting. A player trade seems more likely.

Wooton has been mentioned, but I dont see that happening. He has not been reliable with his injury past. I could see us getting rid of a defensive tackle with our depth. After that, there isnt really much for us to offer.

sig by keato
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel Jared Cook has the ability to be the best of the tier 2 TE's in the NFL if put in the right situation...

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
JPeppers90

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's is no way I would give up Wootton for Cook. None.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Titans say they have no plans to trade Cook.

Honestly, this probably was just for more playing time/targets, and I'm pretty sure they're going to give them to him, or there's no way he's back in the offseason.

I'm picking him up in my cash fantasy league.
DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
Let's look at it this way:

- He's a FA at the end of the year
- The team he's traded to would only get 8 weeks until he can sign anywhere
- He's disgruntled and wants out and would likely leave via FA if he's not traded

The Titans have very little leverage in these talks, so they may as well trade him for as much as they can get now. The deadline being pushed back until Thursday should help them out. I'd be willing to offer our 4th.
This is my thought process as well. We'd have to resign him. I'd rather give Evan Rodriguez a bigger role and keep the trade and salary compensation.
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets give tem Spaeth LOL

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RidiculousJames wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

I would love to see Cook here, I think he could make a big impact and would be all over trading a 4th for him but I would not like to lose Wootton.

This may be a bit bold but I honestly think Wootton has been our most dangerous D-Lineman this season, he gets off the snap so quickly and you come off every game thinking 'Wootton was getting nice pressure today' whereas everyone else has been a bit inconsistent. The thing is, when one is not on top of his game someone else will be, but Wootton has always been up there for me.
I'm definitely not willing to give up Wootten b/c he's finally reaching that potential we've been waiting for, but the only one consisitent? Are you kidding me? The whole DL rotation has been consistent, that's one of the things that has made our defense as beastly as it has been.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How cool would it be if we got him?

Pretty much unstoppable offense?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
How cool would it be if we got him?

Pretty much unstoppable offense?

We said that with marshall..

If we had a Elite LT I would agree with you then, but a TE isn't going to change this offense with the QB on his back.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Titans TE Jared Cook request trade. Reply with quote

bears2308 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
I cannot link the article from PFT because I am on my phone but Titans young TE Jared Cook has requested a trade.

If I am the Bears I make the call and see what the price is.

Cook has the size 6'5" 260lbs and athletic ability that we apparently covet as well as better hands and athletic ability than anyone on the Bears. His stats don't show it right now but this guy could be the next big TE.

2014 pick or players.
We will not be taking disgruntled players.

Remember how Brandon Marshall acted in Denver when he wanted to leave? Jared Cook doesn't have the baggage that Marshall had and would require less to get him. I'd offer Tennessee our fourth if in Emery's position.
He didn't act that way in Miami.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Titans TE Jared Cook request trade. Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
I cannot link the article from PFT because I am on my phone but Titans young TE Jared Cook has requested a trade.

Cook has the size 6'5" 260lbs and athletic ability that we apparently covet as well as better hands and athletic ability than anyone on the Bears. His stats don't show it right now but this guy could be the next big TE.

2014 pick or players.
Brandon Marshall was disgruntled, as was Jay Cutler. Care to backtrack on that one?
Not really. Has Cook actually done anything to justify comparison with those players?
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
Let's look at it this way:

- He's a FA at the end of the year
- The team he's traded to would only get 8 weeks until he can sign anywhere
- He's disgruntled and wants out and would likely leave via FA if he's not traded

The Titans have very little leverage in these talks, so they may as well trade him for as much as they can get now. The deadline being pushed back until Thursday should help them out. I'd be willing to offer our 4th.
A fourth for 8 wks? And it isn't even 8wks he won't be up to speed for half that. This is insane. We don't even throw to the five TEs we have on the team now. A fourth round pick? No way the Bears will EVER do that.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Titans TE Jared Cook request trade. Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

2014 pick or players.

Jared Cook has every right to be disgruntled. Last game our blocking TE was on the field more. Cook has top 5 potential but when you have a dumb OC that won't get him on the field or the ball, he can't show it. It's not like he's trouble or anything. Having said this, he's not going anywhere for now
If he came here expecting the ball to go to him more he will be just as disgruntled here. No team is going to trade a pick for half a season so he will just have to wait to leave.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: