Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Undrafted Signings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bo Jackson 34

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Undrafted Signings Reply with quote

Has anyone heard anything about undrafted singings?
boiseraider

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Word here in my town is Boise State Safety/Rover/PR Chris Carr is in Oakland signing a rookie free agent contract.

The kid is a explosive kick returner, and he's a smart safety, although he's probably undersized for the NFL at that position.
EAST-BAY-RAIDER

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you guys think about Oregon St's Brandon Browner? He's a big boy 6'3"-4" 225lbs if he can gain 10-15 lbs. You think he can play some LB?
Bo Jackson 34

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESPN
Browner, who elected to leave school early for the 2005 NFL draft, is still somewhat unpolished, he needs to improve his tackling skills and he also has poor top-end speed. However, Browner is worth taking a chance on in the second round because he has exceptional size, is a decent athlete for his size, and has the strength and confidence to hold up on an island.

Was there a reason why he did not get drafted??? As an undrafted signee, I would take the chance, but he is a poor tackler.
Bo Jackson 34

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about Ernest Shazor from Michigan? I saw a few mock drafts that had the Raiders taking him in round 2. At 6'3" and 228lbs, do you think he could put on a few lbs and be moved to LB?? He had 84 tackles (67 solos and 10 behind the line of scrimmage), 2 interceptions, 3 pass deflections, 2 forced fumbles and 2 fumble recoveries.

From NFL.com
His frame has the potential to carry at least another 15 pounds for a potential move to linebacker Despite his young age, the coaching staff cited his leadership skills and ability to make calls and adjustments in the secondary
Bo Jackson 34

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3572786

Shazor to the Cards and Browner to the Broncos

Quote:
Raiders

CB/KR Chris Carr (Boise State)
TE Ralph Plumb (Yale)

I am surprised that's all we signed. Not sure if these signings go against the cap, which would explain why we did not sign a LB, DT, DL, and/or CB.

Check out all the guys the Titans signs. 36!!!
theMadStork

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think that we've also signed guard CJ Brooks
Dark Knight

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EAST-BAY-RAIDER wrote:
What do you guys think about Oregon St's Brandon Browner? He's a big boy 6'3"-4" 225lbs if he can gain 10-15 lbs. You think he can play some LB?

i would like to see Browner added Primo.....i can see him a SS or OLB. I would have loved to see us pick up Ernest Shazor but the damn Cardinals snagged him fast!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: