Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jared Cook

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whitmire25

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Jared Cook Reply with quote

Jared Cook stated he wants out of Tennessee. I think he would be well worth a pick and he is the kind of athletic TE we need to back up Tony and help stretch the field. What are the chances we pursue him??

Adopt-A-Falcon: JacQuizz Rodgers and Stansly Maponga
Jgoldiscool

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind. You could probably get him for a mid round pick. Don't think he has any issues outside of football. They need something behind Tony.

XBL GT: l JGOLD l
adam9

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we haven't got a different #2 by this point I don't think we go after one. Palmer is a decent #2 and Gallarda is an average #3. Think we wait until the offseason. That being said I would like to see us get 2 awesome TEs for the future. I think if we went to 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB sets it would help on early downs, but only if we had 2 good pass catching TEs to run PAs with. I'd be down for the move but I doubt it happens. Anyone know what the cap hit would be and how close that would take us to the limit?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this could be a very intelligent move, the Falcons need a replacement for TG in 2013 and Cook could cost a 4 round pick, the other option for TG replacement is draft Tyler Eifer in the First Round, but I like better spent the first round in a pass rusher (maybe Alex Okafor).
swoosh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Cook as a TE prospect coming out of South Carolina. I admit, I haven't watched Tennessee play much but it seems as though he has developed nicely. I know their QB play has been suspect which makes his development even more impressive. I'd be all for trading a mid-round pick for Cook. I'd sure up a future need and give us Gonzo's replacement. Not to mention it would give the Falcons some depth at TE this season.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
I really like Cook as a TE prospect coming out of South Carolina. I admit, I haven't watched Tennessee play much but it seems as though he has developed nicely. I know their QB play has been suspect which makes his development even more impressive. I'd be all for trading a mid-round pick for Cook. I'd sure up a future need and give us Gonzo's replacement. Not to mention it would give the Falcons some depth at TE this season.
i think having another pass catcher at the TE would open up a lot of doors for this offense. You know when Palmer comes out the ball is most likely going to Turner or Gonzo. Palmer essentially takes away a receiving option on offense.

Add in Cook and Gonzo, you have a lot of options. Do you defend the pass? Run? Now you have 2 TE's that can catch as well as other receiving options. It limits the defense to who they can double.

Also, your boy Davis proving he deserves his spot on the team.

XBL GT: l JGOLD l
SpicyMcHaggis

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rather spend the pick and acquire jenkins from dallas.
aletz88

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpicyMcHaggis wrote:

Trade Michael Turner for Jenkins and Cook for a 4th Round pick.
mjmiller

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aletz88 wrote:
SpicyMcHaggis wrote:

Trade Michael Turner for Jenkins and Cook for a 4th Round pick.

Jenkins is terrible. Cook wouldnt be a bad option for a late pick tho
matt2roddy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be beyond ecstatic if we traded for Cook. But in the end, I don't think the titans trade him, and convince him to sign another contract.

My 2011 Adopt-A-Falcon: 1st Team All Rookie Linebacker Akeem Dent!!!
2012 Adopt-A-Falcon: CB Asante Samuel
JonnyQuest

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't trade anything higher than a 6th for Cook. He is athletic, but he isn't then end zone threat a TE should be. He would fit nicely in this offense, but I would rather get him as a FA than trade for him.

Falcons. O's. Wizards. Caps.
coors

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I wrote in the NFL News forums topic on Jared Cook...:

coors wrote:
I remember when Cook was coming out of South Carolina that he was a prospect that almost everyone no matter the team was interested in bringing him in to their teams via the draft. Who wouldn't want a 6'5, 250lb TE that ran in the 4.4s at the combine with elite athleticism? I know that I sure did.. even with TonyG holding down the fort at TE for us. I wanted to bring Cook back to the place he grew up.. he played HS football at North Gwinnett which is in Suwanee (literally 15 minutes from where I live, his alma mater as well as my alma mater are very familiar with each other). I'd still like to take a shot at bringing him into town, TonyG has said publicly that this would be his last year.. hell even if he was to come back next year for one more run then we would still need our replacement for him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: