Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The game last week assesment
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chpjns15

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers4life52 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Str8Wreckin08 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
There's no way the Niners safeties are better than ours...

As far as pass coverage, no. Best in the league.

As far as stopping the run. I'd say the Nod goes to the 9ers. kam is good. But Goldson is just way more aggresive. Anytime you have a safety making tackles at the line of scrimmage you have a pretty good one.

Earl Thomas is a little bit undersized and therefore plays timid when it comes to stopping the run. You want a safety to attack the line of scriimmage like Sean Taylor or what Goldson showcased last Thursday night. Goldson is undersized, but shows lot of fight and heart.

Earl will deliver a blow to someone crossing over the middle, but stopping the run is not his forte. Is great in pass coverage. Kam Chancellor is becoming more of a pass defender now in man situations then he was in the past. Basically just being an enforcer.

Best secondary in the league no doubt.

But your safetys got outplayed in this one.

So Kam Chancellor leads all safeties in tackles. I assume this is purely coincidence and has nothing to do with how good he is against the run? LOL at the notion that Goldson is even close to Kam as a run defender. What's next? Alex Smith is right on par with Peyton Manning in diagnosing a defense?

Sorry for budging in, but what's so lol worthy about Goldson being even close to Kam agaisnt the run? Goldson is great against the run... I'm not saying he is better than Kam but your making it out be that theirs a huge gap between the two. Which is totally false.

SoS is just crazy about Sherman and Chancellor. Personally I think Chancellor is better, but like you said, there isnt a big gap.

"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers4life52 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Str8Wreckin08 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

As far as stopping the run. I'd say the Nod goes to the 9ers. kam is good. But Goldson is just way more aggresive. Anytime you have a safety making tackles at the line of scrimmage you have a pretty good one.

Earl Thomas is a little bit undersized and therefore plays timid when it comes to stopping the run. You want a safety to attack the line of scriimmage like Sean Taylor or what Goldson showcased last Thursday night. Goldson is undersized, but shows lot of fight and heart.

Earl will deliver a blow to someone crossing over the middle, but stopping the run is not his forte. Is great in pass coverage. Kam Chancellor is becoming more of a pass defender now in man situations then he was in the past. Basically just being an enforcer.

So Kam Chancellor leads all safeties in tackles. I assume this is purely coincidence and has nothing to do with how good he is against the run? LOL at the notion that Goldson is even close to Kam as a run defender. What's next? Alex Smith is right on par with Peyton Manning in diagnosing a defense?

Sorry for budging in, but what's so lol worthy about Goldson being even close to Kam agaisnt the run? Goldson is great against the run... I'm not saying he is better than Kam but your making it out be that theirs a huge gap between the two. Which is totally false.

I think the gap is sizable enough to not even have a discussion on the matter. Kam is arguably the best run defending safety in the league, I don't think anyone would say that about Goldson.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chpjns15 wrote:
SoS is just crazy about Sherman and Chancellor. Personally I think Chancellor is better, but like you said, there isnt a big gap.

THEY'RE MY BABIES!!!!

Mr. Green
Tooki

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Palease, I was all over BamBam when we drafted him!
49ers4life52

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
49ers4life52 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Str8Wreckin08 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

I think the gap is sizable enough to not even have a discussion on the matter. Kam is arguably the best run defending safety in the league, I don't think anyone would say that about Goldson.

Actually Goldson is one of the best Safeties against the run as well. Watch him more and you will be surprised in how wrong you are.

^Kempes^
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:

YOU! YOU STAY AWAY!

SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers4life52 wrote:
Actually Goldson is one of the best Safeties against the run as well. Watch him more and you will be surprised in how wrong you are.

Well I watched him his entire career at UW, 2 games a year against Seattle, and any other game I get with San Fran (which is more than you'd think), and I've never come away thinking Goldson was a great run defender.
Tooki

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Tooki wrote:

YOU! YOU STAY AWAY!

You can keep Sherm, and we'll it a day!
49ers4life52

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
49ers4life52 wrote:

Well I watched him his entire career at UW, 2 games a year against Seattle, and any other game I get with San Fran (which is more than you'd think), and I've never come away thinking Goldson was a great run defender.

Goldson is a totally different player from his UW days. I guess I'll have to show you the difference isn't huge. Here is how they stack up against each other stats wise so far this season agaisnt the run...

Goldson
Run Snaps: 163
Tackles: 14
Miss tackles: 2
Stops: 5
Stop %: 3.1

Kam
Run Snaps: 155
Tackles: 15
Miss tackles: 1
Stops: 5
Stop %: 3.2

Almost identical I guess Kam isn't as good as you think because he is on par with the Goldson who you think isn't anything special. Am I right?

^Kempes^
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where do you get those numbers from?
49ers4life52

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Where do you get those numbers from?

PFF...

^Kempes^
Str8Wreckin08

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
49ers4life52 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Str8Wreckin08 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

Once again he showed why he is a top 10 defensive back in the league. Both him and Hunter were making plays in the backfield against the Cardinals. Thats your only weakness in the secondary. I'll take Gholdson over kam anyday when it comes to stopping the run. Clearly better coached. Kam, clearly better made for the posistion.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: