Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gameballs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pruitt3443

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
Game Balls.

1. Trent Richardson career day and the game winning TD.

2. Shawn Lauvao a career day. He was fantastic in almost every way. Hustled to the whistle, getting down field, picking up blitzes. The guard haters on this board has better step up and give credit where it is do and if you re-watch today's game Lauvao was great.

3. Josh Gordon just for being a receiving threat on any given play bc we have lacked his type of threat since the 07 Braylon Edwards.

GOAT

1. D'Qwell Jackson he was owned by Ronnie Brown crossing the middle all game. It didn't start to hurt us until later but Jackson was horrible all day. Twice I saw him standing at the sticks waiting for the ball carrier to come to him.

2. Craig Robertson seriously can you please make an open field tackle? Haven't seen it in a long while. Maybe it is time to get L.J. Fort some snaps in his place bc I am tired of his missed tackles.

3. Usama Young Bro can you catch a ball? Actually I'm impressed you were even in position because I haven't seen that your entire career here in Cleveland.

To your Game Balls I would add Greco as I thought he had jsut as good a game as Lauvao. Overall I thought the offensive line had a pretty good game as unit. They just need to engage the defenders a bit better on the quick hitters to keep their hands down.

The other Goat for me was Hodges. I think he is never going to be what he was before the injury and he is really hurting us right now. Especially with the apparent current coaching philosophy of playing not to lose as opposed to playing to win. Field position battle is way too important with that mindset.
ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Downs:

- Special teams. Hodges was bad most of the day, but I do give him credit for hitting a couple nice ones in the 2nd half. Cribbs gave up a lot of field position on a day when it was really important. Even when Cribbs got a good return, we had the inevitable penalty. Bad ST day. Fortunate that it didn't cost us the game.

- Front 7. It's hard to believe that I'm writing this on a day when we only gave up 6 points, but the front 7 didn't do much at all in the game. Run defense was spotty, and pass rush was non-existent. I didn't know who #70 was, but he was consistently bad. I looked it up when I got home, and it was Brian Sanford. He played a lot of snaps yesterday, and he was bad. At least he was yesterday.

Ups:

- Seeing my first live victory since 1994. My son seeing his first live victory ever.

- DB's. There were a couple gaffes in the secondary, but overall, they had a very good game. Our safety play has been shaky all year, but both Ward and Young were solid yesterday. Skrine was really good, probably the best I've seen him play.

- Richardson. Danced a couple times, but overall, he had a nice blend of patience and decisiveness. His vision was impressive, as he seemed to find the crease most times (if there was one). The difference in vision between Richardson and Hardesty is stark.

Everyone else was somewhere in between. Weeden made enough plays to help the cause, but he was REALLY conservative at the the end of the game. He was clearly afraid of making the game-changing boneheaded play, and I can't completely blame him. It was terribad out there.

Finally, props to the D for making the plays at the end. Most of the crowd had the feeling that the Chargers were going to score at the end, and I'm guessing everyone watching on TV felt the same way, but we made 4 nice plays in a row, and we won. Ugly as hell, but it beats a pretty loss any day.

Adopt-a-Brown: Desmond Bryant
2013 Stats (10 games): 24 Tkls, 3.5 Sacks, 2 Stuffs, 1 PD
kelbot

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert Meachum

TRich

Winn

Rucker

TRich was a beast, goes without saying. As bad as he was the last two weeks, he erased that. His balance is amazing.

Weeden was solid again. The tipped balls have to get cleaned up. It's hard to remember that he's 6'3", not 6'5".

Schwartz and Thomas in pass protection.

Run blocking.

Alex Smith at WB, if only because he's not Marecic.

Defense was good. Really good coverage on most plays. They really need a more consistent pass rush.
The OUTLAW

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
bulldog wrote:
fatpig wrote:
Weeden deserves a game ball for not having any turnovers, and for creating a few good plays when rolling out of the pocket. the one in particular on 3rd down to cameron was a beauty.

No he doesn't He missed a wide open Watson for what would have been a TD.

He's made great progression, but he has to hit that pass. For that reason, he doesn't get a game ball.

If that was Marecic I think that's a catch.

Still, know who the slow players are Laughing

Wait, what?

Sure he missed Watson by a few inches (not an easy catch, but probably should have been a catch anyway). I'm not sure how anyone could possibly bet that Marecic makes any catch whether he's there and wide open or not.

Vince Lombardi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: