Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Grrrrr
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gmen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Grrrrr Reply with quote

I know we won, but I need to vent. Forget what happened in the fourth quarter for a second. I don't remember the last time I was that frustrated watching the Giants in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. Up 23 - 0, they completely took their foot off the gas pedal. Bennett, Cruz and Nicks all had drive ending drops. Bradshaw had his fumble. Look, if you're going to walk around smacking people on the helmet for bad plays, Bradshaw, you'd better play mistake free football yourself. Michael Boley was just flat out abused by Witten the entire game. Congrats buddy, your name is going down in the history books for allowing a player to set the Cowboys record for receptions in a game. Only half of our defense showed up to play today. The most frustrating thing is that I saw it coming from a mile away. As soon as it was 23-10 at halftime, I knew this game was far from over, and everyone seemed to be going through the motions. So I expected that Coughlin would tear them a new corn shoot at halftime, and they'd come out swinging in the 3rd. What do they do? Start off by blowing a coverage and giving up a 55 yard game. Result? Touchdown. It was just frustrating to watch the Giants make it so difficult on themselves.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea it was ridiculous ... we arent going to be able to come back to teams like the falcons/texans

We the North
Save The Hero

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know how you feel man. As much good as there was in that first quarter, there was more bad the rest of the game. Even Stevie Brown didn't play good, although the stats show differently. The only good player today was Canty.

But with that being said, its one game. We came out with the win. 6-2 and 2-2 in the division. Controlling our own fate into the playoffs. We will make adjustments.

^Stone85 on the sig^
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

couldn't agree more. The offense as a whole was very stale today. This win is on the defense. But Hosley, Boley, and Prince were getting abused out there.

"A lion roars in the darkness only he holds the key, a light to free me from my burden and grant me life eternally"
GEE MEN

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Grrrrr Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
I know we won, but I need to vent. Forget what happened in the fourth quarter for a second. I don't remember the last time I was that frustrated watching the Giants in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. Up 23 - 0, they completely took their foot off the gas pedal. Bennett, Cruz and Nicks all had drive ending drops. Bradshaw had his fumble. Look, if you're going to walk around smacking people on the helmet for bad plays, Bradshaw, you'd better play mistake free football yourself. Michael Boley was just flat out abused by Witten the entire game. Congrats buddy, your name is going down in the history books for allowing a player to set the Cowboys record for receptions in a game. Only half of our defense showed up to play today. The most frustrating thing is that I saw it coming from a mile away. As soon as it was 23-10 at halftime, I knew this game was far from over, and everyone seemed to be going through the motions. So I expected that Coughlin would tear them a new corn shoot at halftime, and they'd come out swinging in the 3rd. What do they do? Start off by blowing a coverage and giving up a 55 yard game. Result? Touchdown. It was just frustrating to watch the Giants make it so difficult on themselves.

100%. I don't mind not abandoning the run but Gilbride became too predictable also-- Also, I think Brown has more explosion off the snap and rather see him starting and Bradshaw spell him or a 50/50 split.

Also, the Cowboys DBs got away with mugging our WRs pretty much all game (similar to the first game) and no flags -- plenty of aggression. Now I don't mind aggressive play but the refs were allowing it on their end yet flagging us (Hosely included) for pretty much the same aggressive play.

Finally, I would like to see Nicks and Randle on the outside and Cruz in the slot. Randle is more physical and is a trio that would be difficult to deal with especially with press coverage. Hixon doesn't beat press too well and Barden can't get off fast enough.
minutemancl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hosley is obviously not as ready as we thought. He still needs work. We are sorely missing KP and Will Hill IMO.

Our WRs were the reason for our lack of offensive production today though. Could not get separation and dropped a bunch of balls, one directly leading to an interception. Granted the Cowboys DBs were playing "aggressive", but we should be able to beat that.

Good news is JPP, Herzlich, Canty, and Joseph (as always) played very well on defense. Would like to see Herzlich get the start next week. He's essentially just a younger, more talented Blackburn.

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking the exact same thing but I feel like in the past the Giants would lose games like this. At the end of the day a win's a win. Just hope they play better next week.
reckless123

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGiantsman10 wrote:
I was thinking the exact same thing but I feel like in the past the Giants would lose games like this. At the end of the day a win's a win. Just hope they play better next week.

Yeh we almost did if it were not for fingertips.

"I'm not in danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
IR0NM1KE

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is about as frustrating of a win as you will get. Completely agree with you. There were so many opportunities to blow them out early on. Play calling and execution were both abysmal this Sunday. For once, I'm ok with the other team saying that 'they gave us the game'.
Biggsam49

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
Hosley is obviously not as ready as we thought. He still needs work. We are sorely missing KP and Will Hill IMO.

Our WRs were the reason for our lack of offensive production today though. Could not get separation and dropped a bunch of balls, one directly leading to an interception. Granted the Cowboys DBs were playing "aggressive", but we should be able to beat that.

Good news is JPP, Herzlich, Canty, and Joseph (as always) played very well on defense. Would like to see Herzlich get the start next week. He's essentially just a younger, more talented Blackburn.

I don't see how we could be missing Will Hill. When Phillips comes back, Hill is the 4th Safety.

I didn't focus on Herz at all. Glad to hear someone say he played well.
minutemancl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggsam49 wrote:
minutemancl wrote:

I don't see how we could be missing Will Hill. When Phillips comes back, Hill is the 4th Safety.

Will Hill isn't just the 4th safety. He plays a joker role in the secondary that Perry Fewell loves to utilize. He's athletic enough to play all over the field. He's a very important part of the defense.

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
bigbluefan80

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wont be in a grrrr mood like Gmen. I agree with him. But a win is a win is a win. Ill take it any way it comes.

My positives ive seen..

1- Is there a better dlineman then JPP at this point in football right now?.. he has made an artform out of deflecting passes and just seems to be new standard for DEs in this league.

2- Stevie Brown somehow has found a way to make key INTs when we need something. He may not be KP but i think hes becoming a ballhawk in that backfield.

3-Eli.. enough said.

4-Call the cops if Lawrence Tynes and Steve Weatherford arent in the Pro Bowl this year.

My negatives..

1- As a collective unit our secondary has got to do a better job. Individual accolades come on certain plays but we cannot continue to give up 20 and 30 yd bombs on 3rd down.

2- Ahmad Bradshaw is showing hes no longer a starter for us but he does inspire this team with his heart. My problem with him is u hold ur breath at times with the way he cradles the ball on carries.

3- The WRs looked [inappropriate/removed] poor today. How many balls did Eli put in the hands of Cruz and Nicks and they either just flat out missed them or dropped them? Consistency is needed.

Finishing Thought:
As a whole this game was ugly. There is no question. To jump out to a 23-0 lead is a revelation but to not finish a team off like that was unacceptable. I no our boys will be better next week. The way i see things we have a Manning on our team we ALWAYS are dangerous when that man is on the field. And Tom will get our guys in line.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
Biggsam49 wrote:
minutemancl wrote:

Will Hill isn't just the 4th safety. He plays a joker role in the secondary that Perry Fewell loves to utilize. He's athletic enough to play all over the field. He's a very important part of the defense.

Slipped my mind. Would of been nice to throw that at Witten. I wonder if Brown or Hill plays it when everyone is back.

I'd be surprised if it is used nearly as much as it was last season though. I thought it was needed because of how poor our LBers were in coverage. I don't think thats as big of an issue when Williams, Boley, and Rivers are all healthy.
Biggsam49

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigbluefan80 wrote:

2- Ahmad Bradshaw is showing hes no longer a starter for us but he does inspire this team with his heart. My problem with him is u hold ur breath at times with the way he cradles the ball on carries.

I agree with everything except this. He has done too much over the past few weeks, and means too much in pass protection.
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sums it up for me.

http://www.giants101.com/2012/10/28/new-york-giants-defeat-dallas-cowboys-29-23-in-thrilling-yet-ugly-fashion/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: